Why are people so angry about the heroic brawl this time?

I’ll admit, as soon as I saw the heroic brawliseum quests pop, I became emotionally enraged and x’ed them as fast as possible before realizing that one of the quests was actually just play 1 game in any mode. Out of the corner of my eye for a brief second of glancing I misled myself into thinking it was play 1 game of heroic brawliseum, but yes, it was in fact 1 game in any mode. It’s ok though, I’m sitting on 36k gold, have most of the cards I need, and don’t even really need packs right now.

I’ll just say it was purposefully closing the quest to put more emphasis on the fact that I detest the heroic brawliseum.

3 Likes

Not so stoic, eh? :grinning: It’s okay.

:grinning: Good one. The most important thing for you is to do as you please and have fun with it, if you ask me — so let’s say you’ve made your point, rationally or otherwise. :grinning:

?
how ? the quest just says “play a game” c

This is the part that got me. It’s clear they did it with the intention to pull more people in knowing they would not be able to get the skin in less than 2 runs.

Nah, a 12 win/3 loss format is a 3 win average. So its an even split between those who do and those who dont get it in a single run.

For the record, I dont support the format, or more accurately how they advertise it in game. They should definitely show, in game/deck creation page, the reward structure, alongside the disclaimer they have, so people can visibly see just how unlikely they are just to break even in the H-brawl.

IDK, I paid 1000 gold for a portrait for a class I intend to “main” for a while. Just go in with a tier 1 meta deck and bulldoze your way to 3 wins. I hope it doesn’t sound detached, but why would you go into this “almost a tourney” version of ranked ladder with anything less than a tier 1 deck?

Yeah, surely you are the only one who’s so smart — and has a much higher winrate then anyone else to ‘bulldoze your way to 3 wins’, speaking of which…

Indeed, so if you assume that everyone has a ‘tier 1’ deck and has equal chances of winning or losing, roughly half of the players will not get the portrait in one go, if memory serves — I think the videos I referenced above contain more details and numbers.

PS

So, according to the estimation above, it’s more like ‘1000 gold for a 50% chance to get a portrait’… It can be quite an expensive portrait, compared to what they sell in the shop, for example, if it takes multiple attempts for you to get it.

1 Like

Don’t forget about skill levels. If you are someone who easily breezes to legend each month you’ll do fine. If you are someone with an average roster and playing skills you might end up paying 5000 gold and still no portrait, due to getting eaten by the sharks over and over again.

The interesting part is that even if you perform on average, by getting 3 wins, you’ll only receive 4 packs, ~120 dust and ~120 gold for the 1000 gold you spent. You have to play way above average to not lose out.

1 Like

In the other side it got a little less of a scam with a prize for who get 3 wins and if a product is lacking interest they should look for ways to sell it.

In the end of the day people aren’t mad at the brawl.
They’re mad because they’re not getting a skin that someone else will.

Basically the same thing that happened with the arthas portrait we get in the KoF PVE.

“I not getting it. Therefore i gonna whine so blizzard never let anyone get something i can’t again.”

Otherwise why we did not had that ridiculous backslash the other 64737558 times they done the same event?

Anyone mad at this brawl should look itself in the mirror.

This is an unhelpful and insulting phrase, 100% of the time. People misunderstand things frequently. Forums like this are a place to help them figure that out.

3 Likes

Go watch the video which outlines how the ’ don’t lose your chance to get/buy a skin’ is a head scam. Yes, do write to blizzard immediately and link the youtube video too.

Such an outstandingly flaky idea frostie! -/ cue applause

Or…

People know the game and have fun with it anyway.

I don’t need a YouTube video to know common knowledge like this.

But obviously your ultra secret YouTube information is the revolution.

It must be sad being unable to enjoy the world around you because you’re always looking for a way to “don’t lose”. Isn’t it?
Be carefull everything and everyone is your enemy.

That dude is a troll and based on his aggressive, childish and belligerent posting style is likely an alt of another poster who had the exact same style of writing and had been banned.

2 Likes

If you weren’t so busy having a conversation with yourself you may would have noticed a video a day ago on another thread. Im not going ot link for linkings sake.

I’m afaird i have no idea what the rest of your post means.
Roger. and OUT.

People know that is a trick but it still fun to participate.

This is what you not get.

You’re so busy trying to act as a smartass that you don’t have a healthy relationship with games.
Since you’re putting something over your fun to do it.

If something is fun count me in.

And when we got an okay 3 wins reward that brawl did cross that line for me.

I don’t think you’ve said this enough. Please do it five more times so the rest of the world and I could educate ourselves further regarding your happinees. , Unless you were only posting to me all this while.

5 times more so my little brain can absorb, visualise and TRY to imagine and experience the MAGNITUDE OF FUN that rules your royal cornish pasty universe.

Yeah, skills levels. :smirk: Tell me about it in HS… or even roulette, if you will. Before we go any furthrer, a demonstration (it’s an old one and I’ve linked it elsewhere in the context of bots, but no matter):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tav_ttqyv9Q

Let me sum up: it’s a match of a rather intelligent and skillful ‘pro’ player against a dumb BOT.

This game isn’t chess, you know.

What’s more, I’ve written extensively about the subject, don’t feel like repeating myself, so let me self-quote a little:

What’s more, we aren’t even talking about the ladder here — it’s almost a closed tournament. I think you might be overlooking the fact that if one player wins, the other always loses, and the ramifications of it.

So, you know, even if a ‘shark’ might have an 80% winrate in the open sea, chiefly against ‘small fishes’, if you put twelve sharks in a tank, half of them will lose on average, no matter how sharp their teeth are.

You know, it reminids me of an old factoid how the vast majority of professors (I don’t recall the exact number, but it matters not) considered themselves above average in some study — tells something about self-esteem, but that’s not the point: you can’t have more than a half of a group perform above average, roughly speaking, by definition.

Oh, look, another ‘ridiculous’ poster. I don’t feel like deconstructing the whole fallacy of this pile of textual rubbish, just gonna specify one more point: this whole ‘heroic brawl’ shebang has always been a terrible deal (see, for example, another old video by OG [1]), designed to drain gold or money from players, except this time it’s with the aforementioned ‘carrot’ to lure them into it.
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vd0p41YLs0

And now is also a skin behind it aswell, that requires 3wins.
And not just any skin, but one of the new Shiny DK, and there first (and so far only) female skin

To lure more people in loosing gold right before a mini-set

2 Likes

Yeah, the hype…

And that too, yes, exactly.

You made this absolutely laughable statement,

“even if they were listening, do you think they’d monitor what you do with your log? This quest is just scripted to be there, if you discard it, the server probably doesn’t care.”

You are a troll and we can see you have no clue what you’re talking about. We can disregard everything you say. Post on your main account (it’s banned isn’t it lmfao). Get educated :slight_smile: