Whimsbang Board Music

Hey so I know you all probably think the same about the Whizbang Board Music I know there will be a few defenders with a few points and I get it, they tried something new and it does fit the theme and yadda yadda, but I think we can all agree that ultimately, it is an brain melting ear destroying atrocious anomaly for Hearthstone Board Music so I propose this, can we get a feature to toggle or choose (or not choose) certain Boards, like a Board Favorites tab? I mean it is really lame if I get the Whizbang Board to either turn off the music (this has never happened with any other Hearthstone Board Music to my knowledge/recollection), or just concede and hope my next match isnā€™t on the Whizbang Board because I enjoy the Music in Hearthstone, what do you all think? Does this change sound good? Will they ever implement such a change? Is this a ā€œplayer/skill issueā€? Do you for some reason enjoy the Whizbang Board Music?

Btw the Board Favorites tab doesnā€™t necessarily have to prevent getting the Board you donā€™t want, it just has to increase the likelihood of matching with someone who has the same sort of Board Favorites, because if it is a Hard Toggle that you can Never match with certain boards, that might be too much.

this could actually affect that one card from Scholomance Academy which changes based on what board you started the game with

2 Likes

If that card is all that is preventing this sort of change from happening then it is a truly sad day indeed

It hasnā€™t bothered me. I play Hearthstone music on Spotify all the time, so I may be an outlier.

Is annoying, yes.

And I was rejoicing that Nathria was rotating outā€¦

No, more of a ā€˜QoLā€™ issue.

Apart from the Transfer Student issue, you and the opponent donā€™t have to play on the same board.

Reminded me of Gwent, where there were multiple boards available (something like BGs apparently have), and you could choose to always see your own board (deck-specific) or the one of the ā€˜defendingā€™ player.

Itā€™s just a feature that the game could have.

I dunno why they bothered releasing some selected tracks on certain platforms, when there are excellent playlists available, such as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJaKbPlXXQon3TLMKh_Gm3rSKwPV9dm4w

Yep, itā€™s extracted from the game files, but what of itā€¦

Thereā€™s also a separate one for hero music thereā€¦

1 Like

itā€™s legally licensed, also can allow them to release it in an uncompressed format for maximum audio quality you might not get from ripping from a game

While on the subject of Transfer Student which dev do you think likes them enough to go through the trouble of updating them for every new board that gets released? I always wondered who she was the golden child to

Yeah, for those who care or in case it practially matters, that isā€¦ Besides, theyā€™ve released only a fraction of the material available.

In principle ā€” yes, but in practice, have they actually done it and would most, if not, all listeners be able to tell the difference in practice?

it being legally licensed will allow the original composers to be more properly recognized/compensated if desired, although admittedly I donā€™t know why companies will so often pick/choose which tracks get released instead of releasing the whole thing and leaving people wondering what the names of certain songs are and not having a way to listen to them, I donā€™t know if they did it for the hearthstone ost but some people when they listen to/experience a piece of art just want to have it in the maximum quality possible

I think they might be credited properly e.g. in the game files, judging by the contents of that YT channel.

Yep, thatā€™s the whole point. :grinning:

Oh, yes, they did. Just check out the playlist linked above and compare it to the substantially shorter official one.

I donā€™t think author names usually get included along with audio files in game files, thereā€™s no real need for them to be there, sometimes people will just upload and not credit anything

Why ever not? Itā€™s convenient, and itā€™s not like ID3 tags or their like cost much.

takes up memory for somewhere the vast majority of people will never go to, iā€™m sure it may be included as a text data type somewhere for a credits screen or something like that, but probably not to accompany/tag an audio file since it doesnā€™t do anything for the processing of the game/audio, it would be like building a building and putting the builder credits somewhere in the inner pipes/framework where nobody will be able to see it

Come on, youā€™ve gotta be joking here. :grinning:

And what do you think ID3 tags are? :wink:

I dunno all the details, nor have I looked into the game files myself, but that youtuber must have extracted at least some of those credits from somewhere (apart from songs or tracks that were just recognised by someone, of course).

Actually, pipes and so on might have logos printed, embossed etc on them ā€” no-one would bother removing them.

no Iā€™m not joking, everything you put into a game/audio file costs space/memory, something that contributes to the download size of the game and the machine can only hold a limited amount of, I didnā€™t say it was a lot of memory (and processing to probably if you need to process the metadata), but adding something that takes up space and doesnā€™t do anything is a bad engineering practice, when I said text data type, I was talking about something thatā€™s more than likely a string which would hold text for something like a credits page where the composer would be credited there (and people could actually see it), chances are that YouTuber just looked up somewhere else who composed the music and put it in the description of the video, those embossed things that youā€™re thinking about are probably the model number/dimensions of the pipe which are needed for actual construction/engineering purposes, even if there was something like a logo included on there chances are itā€™s for the constructors to know what brand of pipe theyā€™re using/buying, not credits for users/owners of the building

:grinning: No offence, but that was the funny part in this case.

Again, you just make assumptions. As far as I understand (could be wrong, of course), some of the names and authors of HS-exclusive tracks have been figured out via game files.

thereā€™s nothing really funny about it since itā€™s true and something you should understand if you want to get into game development/programming, I donā€™t see whatā€™s really so funny about that, Iā€™m not making an assumption, Iā€™m telling you what I think is the most logical/likely explanation for how he got the name based upon the information presented (deduction), which is that he would just google the name which takes a few seconds and is far easier than extracting it from an audio file, if I were assuming it I would say this is definitely the case instead of ā€œchances areā€, my ā€œassumptionsā€/deductions only assume as much as yours for thinking that he got the name from the audio files, even though thereā€™s nothing shown to indicate that and simply googling the composer name would be far simpler to do