When will you nerf Secret Mage?

Please just nerf these cards: Objection-Counterspell-Kabal Crystal Runner-Contract Conjurer.

Or one of those at least. They are all op at free mana cost.

3 Likes

It can be argued that most spells at zero mana cost are op. It can be annoying going up a secret mage, however, However, there not impossible to beat and once you get into the habit of playing around them, they are less annoying to deal with.

You soon got a thread asking to nerf each deck. Just cuz you lose to it doesnt mean it needs nerfing. Take a break, get some air.

It’s PHen, on a different account. He no longer posts under Phen.

2 Likes

The other day, I played 20 wild games, and 15 were secret mage, and 5 were pirate rogue. Maybe it was the algorithm, or maybe it was representative of what people were playing, but it was just sickening. Not because of winning or losing, just because of the total lack of variety. Isn’t that type of uniformity something that should be addressed?

2 Likes

I do think secret mage is a little overpowered. Secrets can be played around, yes, but the deck in wild at least is also aggro, and an aggro deck that you can’t respond to is not really fair.

Secret mage has a full board at turn 4, oh look, I’ve got a board clear. Countered. Bah. But secret mage where the games are longer, where the secret mage wins by playing the right card at the right moment, where the other player has to take the secrets into account over 15 turns or so, that’s a fun game. But a 6 turn secret mage game where you basically can’t respond to anything they do? No. Terrible gameplay.

2 Likes

True. They have printed every type of secrets that playing any cards will be countered

1 Like

I don’t blame anyone for hating secret mage. It’s been ignored far too long in wild. Imagine if old discard warlock was treated like secret mage. By that logic tome tampering and cataclysm would never have been banned/nerfed and people would have to figure out how to play around the combos.

I’ve never seen a turn 4 aggro deck have so much defensive support. The design is terrible and the devs are incompetent for choosing to turn a blind eye. There is clearly some favoritism bias going on.