What's the biggest powercreep ever?

I think it’s Brightwing. That festivals common is, well, they’re a common, it’s not a legendary, it has better stats [3/4 against 3/2] for the same cost, and you can discover a legendary instead of just getting a random one. I don’t think brightwing was ever particularly playable, but damn. rip brightwing

brightwing has dragon type at least

True enough, but I usually use that deal 3 damage one for the 3 slot in a dragon deck lol

and can give you legendaries from any class because is random and not discover so for a rogue with tess brightwing is the better choice

1 Like

Hm, hadn’t thought of that. Though surely for a thief angle there’s way better options than brightwing? lol

A straight powercreep would be that new basic spell for priest that does +2/+6 for 4, direct powercreep on that one that does the same thing for 5, from like, whispers I think.

1 Like

I mean…pretty much the entire game fits the bill at this point

1 Like

Not really. A lot of cards have been outclassed bc of how much stronger and stronger expansions have to be, but that’s not the same, definitionally, as powercreep. Powercreep refers to a strict upgrade on identical card stats/mechanics. In reality, there’s actually far fewer examples of that.

1 Like

If that’s how you believe it to be that’s fine

1 Like

not really
not that many cards got replaced by new ones having the same effect but better

lol it’s not about belief, that’s what the word means. My question is about ‘powercrept’ cards, not ‘cards that are better than other cards.’

Yes, it is about belief. Because you have different belief and definition of things than I do. Like for example what you just wrote, I see no difference. Like I said, if you want to do whatever semantics you want to do, or believe whatever you want or define however you want, that’s fine. I have no qualm or quarrel with you for thinking like you do. You’re not wrong. Neither am I.

Btw, if you don’t believe me, do a simple google search “powercreep defined” and you’ll see how we are both right.

Here’s another fun example; suspicious peddler and the og dark peddler. Since the og’s buff, it’s a strict powercreep on suspicious peddler. Though it’s sort of excused since s peddler is standard and og isn’t.

So it’ll be funny when they rotate bc then they’ll both be in wild but one would just be strictly better than the other. Maybe they could buff s peddler to 2/4?

1 Like