What Region, has the highest skill? I'm talking top 1K

What Region, has the highest skill? I’m talking top 1K.

Any non top k wouldn’t know and anybody from top 1k wouldn’t know either because they are 1k at their own region. How can they know without playing against them.

The server with the most (human) players. I am pretty confident that there will be no major difference between the top 1% on two different servers, but if one server has 50,000 players and another has 100,000 (hypothetically) then on one the top 1% is the top 1k and on the other the top 1% is the top 500.

April 2024 Legend numbers

Server Std Wild
NA 45664 7166
EU 27505 6805
Asia 108912 11119

Note that increased bot presence might make Legend easier to achieve, so this table is effectively a measure of total accounts both bot and human. NA should be harder though.

I’ve been top 200 on both EU and NA for 2 month and EU has been consistently harder than NA, because NA is where I got my highest rank ever (43) and that’s where I consistently have a better rank.

However, if you look at the number of players in legend each month, it varies from time to time and usually when there’s more players stacked in one region, it means that region is harder, but it’s not always true.

3 Likes

I doubt the asian bots can affect top 1k. They’re probably bad after bottom legend.

And those at the top would probably waste their time going bottom legend with it.

Even right now, I’m on 900 on NA and struggling on 2.5k on EU xD

1 Like

I should have added that when it comes to the very highest ranks, like top 100 type stuff, there should be essentially zero difference. It’s strange to me that Kassadin thinks that EU is genuinely tougher because at that level he’s not special having accounts on all 3 servers, lots of people do it. Regardless of what server he’s playing on, he’s going against almost exactly the same people lol

The thing, most of the better, multi-server players are from EU (or China, and thus playing on EU), so EU being their main server where they got all their cards makes it harder in top levels

NA is the secondary server for most of such people, including me, where they have 1-2 decks which they know that work, so it’s more casual in that way.

Also, you can basically see me playing on NA streams everyday, and only once since I got back could you have seen me on an EU Server. Not only is it harder for me to get to top 100-200 there, but the EU streamers are better than NA ones and are chilling in top ranks all the time, even while meme-ing.

I didn’t see you talking about the Asian servers. Are you not competing there?

I started playing there 8 days ago, got to legend 2-3k and stopped playing, because my only deck I had there was nerfed (OTK shaman).

Now I have to wait a period of time to pick one of the free decks so I can have something to play.

2 Likes

But yeah I gather EU is obviously harder than NA. E.g. I’m constantly trolled about how easy it is to get a 10-0 score at diamond and go legend.

Dude you’re not getting a 10-0 at the top of diamond of EU on a weekend.

Ofc not, NA has much more bots so it’s a lot easier to hit legend on NA.

But yeah, if you’re higher legend, it’s all the same to you xD

1 Like

I’m mainly interested in Asia’s potential now. They seem to have some “experimentation” there or at least a different frame of mind.

I agreed with another player we first saw the VIRUS rogue from Asian nicknnames for example.

Yeah, the other issue is that the data I presented earlier measures players per month, in one rank, while the actual metric that matters is games per minute. The more active players there are, the harder it’s going to be to climb.

So even if bots weren’t a thing, imagine that in NA you have 10% of those 46k actually tryhard after they get to legend, while the other 90% either just stop playing once they hit Legend (I normally do this) or they start playing meme decks and drift down into dumpster Legend (old me lol). And let’s say that on the other hand 25% of 28k EU players tryhard after making Legend, AND they play twice as much per day. Overall, EU is going to be about twice as hard (4.5 vs 8) as NA under those conditions.

So really the data in that table should be seen as one piece of about three or four different pieces one would need to actually derive the answer.

1 Like

Im often top 500 Wild on EU :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Before they shut those servers down. China always had the most competitive ladder. Wherever the top Chinese players went that is where the most competitive meta is currently. Once they get the Chinese servers back up that will be the definitive region for the best players again.

1 Like

For me personaly it has to be eu i feel it is the hardest to climb here but i could be wrong.

1 Like

Thats impressive whats your highest finish wild ?

1 Like

I reached 75 when I pushed a lot but then I felt forced to play to maintain my position :face_exhaling:, now I play softer to at least stay in the top 500 :relieved:

2 Likes

Wild is irrelevant.

Yes I figured 1K in America is not 1K in Asia or even EU.

The true gauge of the skilz is asia 1k.

1 Like