What is with the New Player Zone?

Hi everyone, I played this game a long long time ago and it was fun at the time. Recently I decided to revisit it, but unfortunately I lost my old account so I have to start anew. I found out that now I have to rank through some ranks dedicated to new players before I can do other things. Game-design-wise, sometimes I feel that there are just too many ranks that I have to play through before I can join the “veterans”. But of course this is not why I’m writing this since I’m only here to have fun. Ranking up and hitting legend have never been my goal. So it shouldn’t matter where I’m playing. However, I noticed there is something weird going on in the new player zone. Almost every opponent I’m matched with is an Unholy Death Knight with a rather aggressive and almost identical build and their Battle Tags are spelled in an unusual way or written in foreign characters. And they never react to my emotes. Not sure what their intentions are but I suppose they are bots. I’m not sure what’s the situation in other parts of the game (I looked through the forum and it seems that new player ranks are not the only ones with such issues, but I doubt it would be as dense in other parts of the game), but playing against all these essentially same decks just sucks all the fun out of it. (Anyone remember levelling/questing in Icecrown? That’s what I feel like I have been doing. Literally fighting endless waves of the Scourge :rofl:) Not sure if they are really bots as I suspected, or anything will be done if so. I know this thread might be unnecessarily long, so allow me to thank you for your time if you read all the way to the end.

The blizzard agreement with the required chinese partner company ended a while ago, so players there lost everything. Those that still want to play are moving to other regions, and the suppliers to these chinese players have started flooding these regions with bots to begin creating their inventory of accounts.

The point of the new player zone is to ease actual new players into the game before they encounter the toxic regular player base. Instead they are now faced with a legion of bots.

Resistance is futile.