What is this algorythm?

I play in wild virtually the whole time as standard is far too boring, its the same 4 decks on rotate.

Anyway I probably played 150 -200 games in the last couple of weeks playing quest mage + dragon mage. I did not see a murloc deck once, not once at around rank 6-4 silver.

I wanted to change it up so made a rogue mill deck. Literally the first THREE games i play are vs counter aggro murloc decks.
You cannon’t tell me there is not a pairing algorithm based not on level, but on decks. It cant be a conincidence. The chances are just far far too rare.

15 Likes

Wouldn’t this hyper-aggressive Murloc deck also be a counter to your Quest Mage deck? Last I checked the latter had a definitive weakness to Face/Aggro archetypes. Why would the game suddenly pair you up against counters when you’ve been weak to Murlocs this entire time?

Play another 150-200 games with your Mill Rogue, then check back and see if you find the same density of Murloc decks. Three games is way too few to use as a foundation for any sort of conclusion.

Let’s say I flip a coin ten times in a row, and get heads ten times in a row. That means the coin must be rigged, right? After all there’s only a 0.09% chance of that happening!

But take a million people and have them do the same thing (that is, flip a coin ten times). Suddenly it becomes “common” for people to flip ten heads, as you can expect nearly a thousand out of these million people to flip ten heads!

This is why you need a statistically significant amount of data before coming to conclusions. It’s way too easy to assume something fishy’s going on when you have an extremely small sample size, and that’s exactly what’s happening here.

8 Likes

Another one who see this thing, it’s like others are blind to it. It’s right there infront of you.

Mabey it has to do with what hero/cards you play. I see this alot too but not sure why it keeps happening.

6 Likes

Just like the flat Earth, or 5G towers causing Covid-19?

If it’s obvious but most people don’t see it, then it isn’t obvious.

Stick to the topic please.

2 Likes

I am. I’m using real-world examples to counter a claim made by another user about the topic at hand. If I discussed any of these examples in-depth without making ties to the OP then I’d be derailing the topic, but that isn’t the case.

As I implied before, just because something seems “obvious” to you doesn’t put the majority in the wrong. If most people are unable to see this “algorithm” then it clearly isn’t as obvious as you think it is, and requires further evidence. Just as “using your eyes” doesn’t validate the position of flat earthers, the same rhetoric doesn’t validate the position of the OP or your claim just now.

1 Like

No you’re not, you speaking about things that has nothing to do with gaming. So again stick to the topic.

Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not here, alot of people see this. And it’s true.

2 Likes

In that case I’d kindly ask the OP to stop talking about a super-secret anti-mill-Rogue algorithm, because no such thing exists and as such the topic has nothing to do with gaming and especially nothing to do with Hearthstone.

And again, flat-earth believers say the exact same thing. Argument ad populum doesn’t make them right, and argument ad populum doesn’t make the OP or you right.

How does this not have to do with gaming? He speaks about decks and algorithm which can be in games? So he is perfectly on the line here.

Anyway I understand him, and I see what he means.

2 Likes

Because it doesn’t exist. If we’re going to include imaginary topics that are loosely connected to gaming, how about I invoke a world where each and every thing is identical to ours except the demographics I mentioned earler (that is, flat-earth believers and 5G/Covid-19 conspiracy pushers) all happen to be gamers. That should draw an adequate connection, right? If I’m not allowed to draw logic from real-world analogies in a discussion about the topic at hand, then OP shouldn’t be able to draw faulty logic and connections when there’s no evidence for their existence.

Again, as I said before, analogies used to draw comparisons for the sake of argument do not qualify as attempts to derail a topic. If, on the other hand, I went out of my way to try and silence another user on the grounds they were supposedly off-topic, and then made several attempts to argue semantics in order to silence that opinion while not addressing their initial argument? That’s a different story.

1 Like

You mean “super-secret anti-mill-Rogue algorithm” ? If so prove it.

3 Likes

I’m going to invoke Hitchens’ Razor here. Any subject or proposition made against the established status quo without adequate supporting evidence can be dismissed with an equal amount of evidence.

Therefore, if OP’s insistence that their three games against a counter-matchup after changing decks is evidence that the game is rigged, then my according ~200 games playing Highlander Shaman before and after climbing this month (during which I faced against no Mill Rogues despite it being my worst matchup) followed by a continued lack of presence of Mill rogue when I switched to Highlander Druid (again, Mill Rogue is an awful matchup) is more than enough evidence to refute OP’s claim.

Alternatively, I could create a Mill Rogue deck right now and as long as I didn’t face a Murloc deck in my first three games, I’d have more than enough proof to refute the OP’s claim.

Edit: Actually I apologize, this wasn’t a correct implementation of Hitchens’ Razor. In fact it’s a lot more simple:

• OP makes a claim against the status quo
  • OP provides no substantial/hard evidence to support this claim
  • The lack of hard evidence brings the truthfulness of the OP’s claim into question, and an equal amount of evidence (that is, none) is required in order to properly dismiss it. The “proof” here is OP’s own lack of adequate data.

I’m not very familliar with ‘Hitchens’ Razor’ but anyway

While this is true, mabey he can loggin and record, I mean it shouldn’t be a problem, i mean if what he saying ia true. If it’s there then it’s always there.

3 Likes

Absolutely. In fact that was one of my original points - that OP should record more games with their Mill Rogue and then come back here with their results. The deck has very polarized matchups so it should be interesting to see if OP sees a distribution of decks that is different from what they “should” be seeing in the meta.

3 Likes

Great, i wish I was able to record but I can’t really download apps etc on my phone, because it would be interesting to look more into why it happens, I mean why when some switch deck, we see different decks etc

2 Likes

The best single phrase accurate description of true, un-rigged randomness I have seen in a long time.

Looking at HsReplay, since Ashes release, wild decks Bronze through Gold, with at least 200 games played:

On April 25th, the following three decks contributed about 6.1% of decks played that day. There were likely other Murloc decks that didn’t reach the 200 game cutoff.

The chance of getting a particular 6.1% hit, three times in a row is about one in 4400. Those are certainly long odds, but if the games are fixed, you should easily be able to extend that streak. Please record your games, for the skeptical.

0.76%:

Murloc Paladin

Class: Paladin

Format: Wild

2x (1) Toxfin

2x (1) Murmy

2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller

2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill

2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter

1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle

2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed

2x (2) Hand of A’dal

2x (2) Fishflinger

2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod

2x (3) Murloc Warleader

2x (3) Coldlight Seer

2x (4) Truesilver Champion

1x (4) Hoard Pillager

2x (4) Felfin Navigator

2x (5) Scalelord

AAEBAZ8FAuiwA/y4Aw7FA9sDzwbQB6cItZgDx50Dr6cDyqsDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/WkZBvNR6vSZY9FuFh1gUmb/

1.17%

Shaman

Class: Shaman

2x (1) Toxfin

2x (1) Sludge Slurper

2x (1) Murmy

2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller

2x (1) Grimscale Oracle

2x (1) Beaming Sidekick

2x (2) Underbelly Angler

2x (2) Soul of the Murloc

2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter

2x (2) Fishflinger

2x (3) Murloc Warleader

2x (3) Coldlight Seer

2x (4) Murloc Tastyfin

2x (5) Bloodlust

2x (9) Mogu Fleshshaper

AAEBAaoIAA/FA9sD/gPQB6cIkwniiQOMlAO1mAPGmQP0mQPUpQOvpwP9pwPKqwMA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/IWVgKIK1aNKnwj00T4Az1c/

4.17%

Paladin

Class: Paladin

1x (1) Vilefin Inquisitor

1x (1) Toxfin

1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton

2x (1) Murmy

2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller

1x (1) Grimscale Chum

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

2x (2) Rockpool Hunter

1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle

2x (2) Bluegill Warrior

1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod

2x (3) Murloc Warleader

1x (3) Coldlight Seer

1x (3) Coghammer

2x (4) Prismatic Lens

1x (4) Old Murk-Eye

1x (4) Gentle Megasaur

2x (4) Felfin Navigator

1x (5) Scalelord

1x (5) Finja, the Flying Star

1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim

2x (8) Tip the Scales

AAEBAZ8FDsUD4AXrD4QX06oC07wC474CucECscICtZgD/KMD9rgD+7gD/LgDCNsD4wWnCJ3CAvz8ApupA8qrA8m4AwA=

Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/IWqSKKmZ6IRP348PlcUe8b/

2 Likes

Has any Blizzard employee ever commented on these types of accusations?

Or something to do with whether or not the odds are being manipulated for anything that isn’t mutually fair randomness?

Here’s a Hearthstone Top Decks summary of a Hearthstone dev responding to and clearing up concerns about matchmaking.

If I were to accuse you of cutting the neighbour’s tires, sniffing glue, and peeking into your sister’s bedroom when she is changing, would you respond to deny all the charges (thereby giving me a platform to retort and keep bringing the insane theories up over and over again)? Or would you shrug it off as the nonsense it is, ignore my trolling, and go on to spend your time on useful activities?