What Changed Over the Years?

I remember back in the days when Hearthstone first came out the devs were strongly against non-interactive decks. I remember I enjoyed playing mage a lot and it got nerfed multiple times because of its non-interactivity. But things seem to have changed in recent years and a lot of non-interactive decks popped up? I’m not talking about aggro decks because they are not completely non-interactive. I did not play the Stormwind patch when it first went live so I’m not sure about the situation back then. But now a lot of the Questlines, viable or not, support a very non-interactive (like locks and DHs), or un-interactable (like warriors) playstyle. Of course on some level you can always “interact” with them (to say the very least, you can always Theotar them) but it is either very unlikely or can only be accomplished by a dedicated deck. In my opinion the degree to which these cards support non-interactivity is much greater than some of the core cards that once supported the mage playstyle did. I’m not blaming anyone or anything but as someone who once played this game a long time ago I just can’t help being a bit curious. Perhaps I’m not understanding the cards right?

Just watching Thijs play, haven’t watched normal HS in a while.
He faced two shaman in a row, they did 41 and 36 damage from an empty board with 7 and 8 mana
What is the leroy meme about non-interactive cards…

1 Like