What Blizzard Has Become

I just wanted to bring awareness to how greedy Blizzard has become. I remember in the good old days they would help you no matter what it was. Now its just about how they can roll you for more cash. Does this seem criminal to anyone else? Aka False Advertising…

Greetings & Hellos,

Game Master Frichader is here to discuss and hopefully help what is going on though I wish it was under better circumstances.

I hope you are doing well tonight, or today, depending on when you see this and I hope we can make it better or at least clarify what is going on!

Great question there and thanks for the followup here. I’m bummed to hear about duplicate legendary cards… Especially as there may be some confusion still with that!

That’s because you bought a Legends of the Festival Bundle. You have, or had, all the legendaries for that expansion, thus why you got 2 duplicates.

You also bought March of the Lich King bundle. That expansion worked a bit different as you could reroll. If there was a reroll for a card, you could then receive a duplicate of that card: https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23882859/march-of-the-lich-king-theorycrafting-and-pre-release-festivities

In terms of a refund, we would not be able to do that, as it’s never been possible to refund any Hearthstone purchase made with gold or runestones…

Hopefully that helps explain it &/or clears it up!

If you have any other questions please hit us up.
Hope you & all around you have an excellent 2023!

Okay… So let me see if I understand you correctly.
Because I owned all of the legendary cards for Festival of legends. (This includes a mixture of golden cards and standard cards.)
I’m still missing… Keep in mind these are the STANDARD NON GOLDEN CARDS ( Kangor, Dancing King, Love Everlasting, Jive Insect, Blackrock n Roll )
4 Standard legendary cards. And you’re saying that because I had these cards but maybe “upgraded” or “disenchanted” them… When I purchased 2 standard RANDOM legendary cards its supposed to give me 2 of the exact same legendary? ( Bounce Around Ft. Garona ) Instead of giving me 2 of the remaining 4 legendary cards I don’t CURRENTLY own. Because I “disenchanted” or “upgraded” these cards?

Same with the Lich King Bundle where the exact same thing happened. Except I was never offered to “Reroll” these cards and got 2 of the ones I already own as well.

And you’re saying this is what is supposed to happen to players when buying bundles? That doesn’t seem messed up to you?
Furthermore you can’t rectify this with a refund or card exchange or some kind? (For a player who has spent THOUSANDS of dollars on your game)

I also fail to see where this is mentioned in your Faq.
Because… I’m copying and pasting this directly from it.
“Crafting a card counts towards receiving it, and any cards you disenchant (whether golden or non-golden) count as well. This means that if you get a card you don’t want, you can disenchant it and you will not receive it again UNTIL you have ALL cards of that rarity from that card set.”

From my understanding that means I will get those cards again, regardless if I “Upgraded” or “Disenchanted” them prior. As long as I own ALL other legendary cards from the set. Then I will get those legendary cards AGAIN instead of ones I already have current copies of… So this is either false advertising or its not working as described.

1 Like

It seems like they need to implement a solution where if you are maxed out in a set, the random card can come from another set.

This hardly seems controversial. Obviously it won’t help op now, unless they want to do a goodwill gesture and say “hey, we realize this messed up some people over the last couple sets, have a couple random legendaries on the house.”

Light knows they could use some goodwill right now.

If you dusted those cards in the past, they still count towards you having received them, if you dont want duplicates to happen until you own them all, dont dust any until you do. Its not that hard of a concept to grasp. When you decide to throw away and get dust for a legendary, that notch in the collection is ticked off still. The only surefire way to avoid what happened to you is to never dust any legendaries of the set you are trying to collect til you max out and own them all. (im not making distinctions of regular/golden/signature/diamond).

It works pretty much the same way a pokemon collection works in that respect, if you wanna catch em all, your pokedex doesnt care if you released or traded away your mon. But if you wanna use those mons, dont release or trade em. (Dust).