Whales in Hearthstone

From what I gather, there is a fairly large dependency on whales to support this game financially.

I don’t believe having this dependency is great from a business perspective or for the community.

The only thought I have is to add a subscription.

Is there anything else? Anyone pro whale?

killing the game profits and chasing away f2p players will always be a terrible idea

2 Likes

Hate the subscription idea with a passion.

6 Likes

What a strange thing to say. It’s 100% dependent on players spending money to support the game financially.

If the player base was 100% f2p, there would be no revenue to pay bills & salaries.

Instead of mocking players who spend money, you should be grateful: they are why you get to play for free. Without them the game folds.

4 Likes

Exactly. Pretty silly that people think a game can continue if everyone was F2P? :roll_eyes: Must not have enough “life experiences” yet.

1 Like

What’s the source of this gathering?

Terrible

1 Like

Bad idea. This is a game where it takes money to compete. I feel that if you missed a few years, it was hard to get back into HS, but since blizzcon and the new “catchup packs”, new players can catch up to where most of us are.

All CCG’s are about buying and spending money on new collections. Nothing new here. Invest money into your collection. Drop about $50 into it and you will have a solid start to help with your grind if you dont want spend more after. F2p players shouldnt have the same access or fun as those who invest in the game. f2P should be a grind, always.

For clarity, I don’t want the game to be 100% free. I do think it would be better if there were five players spending $10 each vs. one spending $50.

Why? To use your analogy, if the game went to being subscription based, 3 out of 5 of those players would just leave. Revenue for the company would decline.

1 Like

Whales are the main income for F2P games, that’s just how it works. Mobile games would not exist if not for them.

subs only would kill the game instantly as the massive F2P base would leave.

Having Subs like dota 2 for features/pass would milk the whales more, so that’s what they should do.

but not like they tried with battlegrounds… no unfair advantages. (2/4 slots)