Well great, I hate whoever said we would go "negative"

I recieved 16,800 dust last night and didn’t spend a lick of it because people kept saying we would go negative if they revert the mistake and we crafted cards.

Log on just now and all of it is gone and I see the forums saying people who spent on cards get to keep the cards and aren’t negative in the dust inventory.

Merry freaking winter veil to us good ants who waited until you confirmed the problem and don’t get to benefit

Was gonna craft Ralph for my shaman deck…

This is completely unfair

24 Likes

I feel you sir.

Hopefully Blizzard will do something nice for people being robbed twice ( first cards, then dusts).

4 Likes

You lost cards? ?? T w e n t y

A blanket 1,000 gold for all players to compensate for this would be very welcome. I believe it would, at least, be justified. Many players, myself included, really missed out.

11 Likes

They’ve seemingly handled this very poorly. For many players that don’t check forums or Reddit, I’m sure they found the dust to be a nice windfall. Imagine then, having it all disappear or cards vanish.

At the end of the day, they made a mistake…many in fact. It should never be the customers fault that they made those multiple mistakes.
At a time when the company has egregiously allowed the meta and product to suffer like never before.
I know several players that in fact purchased additional skins or packs as a thank you to Blizzard for the seemingly generous gift…only to have it taken away.
I don’t know who running the ship there but it’s laughable.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear you got screwed by Blizzard… it does suck but spending the dust immediately was a high risk high reward for most.

Sometimes it pays to think for yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t assume that this is the end of it just yet. It’s a pretty terrible end result for Blizzard, it looks really bad how things turned out with some people getting extra cards and dust and most not getting anything.

I think they’re going to have to do a lot of work to fix everything, but I believe that they will fix it eventually. Their bottom line is at stake with this mixup so I can’t see them doing anything else. They have a very strong incentive to fix this.

3 Likes

I don’t recall a time they’ve ever really bothered in any of their other games. The golden rule in WoW has always been to exploit early and exploit often because the way Blizzard handles things always benefits the exploiters.

1 Like

What, really? I’m no expert, but I remember lots of people getting banned for abusing exploits in WoW. I did stop playing a long time ago though.

2 Likes

Sure you get a ban, usually 24-72 hours, but most of the time if it isn’t something major you generally keep whatever you got from the exploit and walk away with a slap on the wrist.

Nobody should be required to memorize their dust count or card collection.

When my cards are robbed, I have every rights to buy née cards with the dust in my account. That’s not cheating or exploitation

5 Likes

They are not yours so You have no right to anything.

2 Likes

They are supposedly to compensate to my cards that were robbed.

In order for something to have been robbed from you it has to be yours.

They can do whatever they want with their property. I personally hope they do nothing and tell all the people effected to deal with it.

The cards are back at least mines are. That was a bug too.

And at least I got to spent a good bunch of that dust (which was way more that what I should have got). So for me it was a win (I could have won more tho, by spending all)

Noone says it’s the player’s fault, just use common sense, not arguments of a 6 years old.
Imagine it’s your bank account that suddenly got +50 k out of nowhere - you swiftly spend it on a new Tesla only to get the car taken away 5 days later, followed by demands from your bank, Tesla Motors, your mortgage debtor and the landlord ('cause defaults).
Are you gonna argue the same way when the judge asks you politely wth you were thinking?

1 Like

They will probably fix the dust situation, it’s not the final version

1 Like

Holy false equivalence Batman

Hold up everyone, we gotta badass here.

If badass is pointing out common knowledge I guess?