Welcome to end of hearthstone

1 Like

And yet, you still come here to commit vandalism.

The end of a game never looked so balanced.

In what world is balance a “finer detail”? Perhaps in yours?

You don’t think balance is a fine detail? What could possibly be finer than making two things equivalent. It is literally the finest detail. And yes balancing comes close to last in pretty much every game development process.

Balancing isn’t making everything equivalent, nor is it generally a low priority in game development. In hearthstone sure, the devs don’t care, but in general heck no. Make a game too imbalanced and players will leave in droves.

You forgot the kind and the cheetos.

Noone said it was low priority, you have been tricked by Yellowsnow’s deliberate misread of blizzard saying they don’t balance classes during early design phases.

The definition of balance is equalised forces.

If you call that thriving, there is no convincing you of the truth.

Appreciate you linking this “insight” from the developers.
Obviously, Hearthstone has been around quite a long time. Nonetheless, if the staff behind the game really wants to keep HS alive, they simply can not “punt” on game balance, ESPECIALLY after introducing yet another new and unnecessary class (Death Knight). The staff can talk big, or even actively think that they can just throw balance into the wind…. but reality says “nope”. If the staff punts balance, the game instantly loses any and all staying power, and quickly dives into the abyss of irrelevance.

Balance patches are released on a regular basis.

Your barometer for a game’s success or failure shouldn’t be the opinion and whining of YouTubers. Moreover, people have been saying this same nonsense for years (probably since the dawn of Hearthstone).

Aside from feelings, what evidence do you have that Hearthstone is dying?

2 Likes

I’d say the current botting problem and the massive decline of the e-sports scene are good indicators that the game is losing players.

1 Like

people are too afraid to actually stop playing.

I think this game is pretty meh. But they don’t say anywhere in that article that they don’t care about balance, just that they perform other tasks before doing balancing.

This is the part yellowsnow pretended they didn’t say.

2 Likes

Afraid of who my guy?

Active players over 30 days is the highest since 2019 and the max players per day the highest since 2021.

1 Like

hmm then why dont you post the full post ?? only answer to this is you are lying to us

Oh man, you must be quite the mark when it comes to salesmen targeting you, you seem to eat up anything.

They effectively write, “we are forcefully pushing these unbalanced changes into live product, and we promise to follow up and balance it all later.”

Cardinal rule of negotiating, you make sure the most important part (to you) takes priority over everything else. I think most people understand this context and that’s why they write thanks for pointing it out.

A promise from a dirty salesman, or the equivalent here a Blizzard dev is worth absolutely nothing, they need to deliver first promise second, they have zero reputational credit to draw on if they are looking to gain the favor of the community based on only their empty promises they never deliver on.

You either don’t care about this game, it’s balance, or as I’ve written earlier you were just born with the wool pulled over your eyes or perhaps yesterday.

See reply above can be read as is directed to you.

What is unbalanced? The only really powerful card got nerfed to not be able to do what it did before. The rest of the classes all have viable solid ladder decks that you can get legend with.

1 Like

The botting comes from a few years back, and the decline of e-sports scene came about mainly because Blizzard made bad bad decisions about it.

That said @killuminatti, HS is dying, but dying as any old game should. In fact, in spite of some poor design directions, i’d say it’s dying far slower than i imagined. Maybe card games all die this slow tho, IDK

1 Like