We need to be loud about runestones

Runestones are currency obsfuscation, that’s it. I like being able to say “oh this skin is 10 dollars plus tax” or “oh this bundle is 80 dollars”, runestones will obviously be put into bundles with “bonus” (yeah right) runestones to incentize buying more. You’ll have left over runestones from buying that random hero skin and will actually be over paying. It’s bad enough that overwatch 2 is doing it but it doesn’t need to change for hearthstone. YOU’RE STILL DOING IT FOR HEROES OF THE STORM AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT you don’t need to change it for hearthstone. This a super huge anti consumer tactic that I won’t be quiet about.

77 Likes

I second this thread. Just uninstalled Hearthstone even after buying several packs of Castle Nathria.

This is a very greedy move, and overall demonstrates a serious lack of consumer awareness and cliente orientation.

Whoever is in charge of blizzard customer experiencie should be fired. But if they are not calling the shots, we all know who probably is.

28 Likes

I will be on board with runestones if they allowed you to actually earn them in the game. But they said they arent going to let you earn them which kills my interest in them

In fortnite you can earn vbucks, the premium currency, for free. no excuse why at a minimum they cant put runestones into both the paid tavern pass and new paid BG pass to increase their value. They are already some of the worst value you can get in a battle pass in any game.

We should be able to earn enough runestones in the tavern pass to buy the next tavern pass. Maybe then i would be on board. If i only had to buy the BG pass and tavern pass once and could always earn enough runestones to get the next one for free, then i would be ok with it

But its crazy they are expecting people to fork over even more money on a regular basis, when the game is already considered overpriced and greedy. Like….

15 Likes

i would say, remove the runestones completely. and just go back to gold and money for purchases for HS

19 Likes

With as little cachet as they currently have with their player base, this was an awful move.

Predatory in the extreme.

We don’t need to be loud, though. We need to leave.

But I honestly don’t think we are the target market for this company anymore. I think the Asian mobile market is where they want to be because it’s making them more money.

Can’t blame a business for following its interests. But you also can’t support businesses who act that way.

33 Likes

Runestones could be good if they actually were consumer friendly with them.

If the tavern pass costs 1000 runestones and you could earn at least 1000 runestones back from finishing the tavern pass (essentially allowing you to earn enough back to get the next one) it could be a really good and healthy system.

But they went pure greed with it and made it a pure addition in price to this already overpriced game

14 Likes

even with the bar this low blizzard once again disappoints us all again, just remember that they dont care about you

15 Likes

why so angry ?
“Some products, like Pre-Purchase Bundles, the Hearthstone Tavern Pass, and Packs (purchasing more than one at a time) will be able to be purchased with money or Runestones. A few other select products, like packs and cosmetics crafted in the Collection, will remain purchasable with only Gold.”

unless this about not being able to get the BG perks with gold anymore but the thread doesnt seem to be about it

3 Likes

I don’t understand why people think they should be able to play a game for free.

How dare a company charge money for their product.

And yet, you can still play for free.

3 Likes

No one is complaining about them charging money for their game.

This change removes the actual money charges from the game and obscures them with a nebulous ingame currency that can’t actually be earned in the game.

So it’s like if you give them $100USD then you get X runestones. You can then by your mega bundle for x-19 runestones. So for the rest of the expansion, you have 19 useless runestones and they’re going to bombard you with ads that cost TWENTY runestones in an effort to lure you to plunk down enough cash to get that last runestone.

It’s totally dirty and more scummy than you can imagine for a game like this one to go to this method for purchase.

It’s a huge middle finger, deceptive, and scummy.

Not effectively in BGs, not anymore. The pass is only available from runestones. That’s it.

23 Likes

Because it is a free to play game from its inception?.

8 Likes

STOP GIVING THEM MONEY. You don’t need to say anything. Close your wallet, that is the only thing they will listen to.

13 Likes

I already stopped giving Blizz any money ever since they decided to hide Jaina’s cleavage ( yeah I know, only because of that ) and it has been years now. No regrets.

This new currency coming is exactly the same thing I have seen in korean gatcha game only serving to hide the real price of things behind a gem cost. I think the same as Selwynn, it is exactly the kind of thing that will have you leftover gems and paying more money over time with incentive to buy more.

Very happy I could not care less cuz I was not spending a dime anymore since years. That only confirms I made the right decision back then. Thank you Jaina!!!

12 Likes

And they won’t start with this openly, but will drift there over time.

I have zero belief that this change is to benefit players or streamline the game in any way.

This is 100% a move towards more predatory monetizations practices in all aspects of the game.

7 Likes

The psychological warfare of your mind. Dopamine is one hell of a drug.

1 Like

its not the product… it’s a game mode they’re trying to make us pay a premium for a “part” of the game that was previously free, and as many other ppl said, they are obfuscating the actual purchases with another currency. its greedy and its bad business.

9 Likes

i guess you dont excersise or listen to music to avoid it ?

1 Like

Actually I have ways to avoid it. And yes listening to music and exercise is. You actually don’t know that ignoring the game is also avoiding it. It is better for someone to not to know than what to know.

sounds like a depressing way to live

no excercise

no music

just to avoid dopamine…

life is already depressing.

1 Like