We are going to need classic hearthstone soon

So, after seeing the power of the new cards I was thinking that if this trend keeps going soon we’ll need a classic version for HS, that will restart the game same as with WoW. The thing is HS is not cheap so I don’t see myself investing all that time and money to start from 0 again.
So my idea is the following: instead of starting from 0, what if we can get an aditional game mode where we can select what year of hearthstone we’d like to play, the problem with this though is splitting the playerbase too much. So maybe instead of being able to select it, maybe it rotates each month?. What do you think?

5 Likes

The problem with making it a permanent mode is that everyone will enjoy it for about two weeks, and then it’s going to be played by nobody except the people who were hardcore fans of that particular meta. Still, could be interesting.

Rotating sets could work better, that much is true.

7 Likes

I personally would like that very much and would be awesome if they did it.

Note that failure that is WOW classic. Played a lot for maybe three weeks and then everyone quit other than the people who can make money off of it .

Rotating sets ?

The thousands, if not millions who dusted their wild cards will surely regret it.

4 Likes

no thank you, i’m not going buy everything again.

2 Likes

Will they? If they’re so focused on Standard, I doubt a new game mode will interest them.

3 Likes

They would also monetise it somehow, and just look at the “feedback” battlepasses have.

Many are speculating the new format coming soon will be a rotational format. Would prefer random X-sets to a year-by-year rotation to keep things fresh.

Yeah, I know many people don’t have complete collections, I personally miss a lot of cards myself. The collection of players is probably the biggest problem with rotating hearthstone years.

And this is why I’ve never dusted a Legendary, except for maybe a golden copy that I already owned.

1 Like

That was their mistake.

1 Like

blizzard would probably start selling pre orders for already existing hearthstone sets. Yea, that’s a no from me.

Rotating Tavern Brawl that each week can only use cards from a certain expansion only?

Having monthly “standard year”? Why not simply play wild?

Well, they def should do something bc hs is like play standard, which is fine just too few cards for creative ideas, or play wild, where the board matters less, and less, and less, each expansion, and what is in your mulli / hand / decklist matter more and more.

Like, balance wild, bc, only a few classes (like maybe 1) can handle wild druid neglecting the board, early, and going face, as well as not caring much about what their deck’s outs are, bc they dont care if UI / OF draws the next 0 cost ramp 1st, 2nd, or 5th off that batch-draw. Giving heros a deathrattle on their portrait would be good counterplay.

Like, “what are my outs” turned into “it doesnt matter my outs, bc they’re so high, bc draw-5’s and 0-costs, that i dont need to think about the odds of drawing into something to continue the kael chain, since the odds are like 100 or close.”

Druid’s dont need to track what they’ve already played, since there is also a 1 cost ramp to fall back on. Like, this is the simplistic nature wild is becoming. its like more-simple than standard. Board, outs, what’s on top, what’s on top 3, what’s on top 5 doesnt matter if you just chain draw 15.

Priest is like, not caring about the board either. It’s, draw my own raza anduin, or more importantly, mindreaver, so i can disrupt my opponents combo. Really, only aggro decks in mirrors care about the board thats about it.

Why would HS want to take wild in that direction?
Like, its not like every class has access to turn 4 or less hand/deck disruption.
Priest does. Mages have CS if it isnt played around.

Like valeera can’t sap an in-hand card.
Deathrattles dont matter vs in-hand combos early.
Most battlecries dont either, or effect cards in hand.
Like, nerubian’s 6 mana, that is after you’re dead from druid otk.
Other-nerubian is 2 mana but is only for bc minions, so barnes.
Loahteb’s 5 that’s too late to matter.

But like there’s ramp for loatheb / nerubian, but they’re in the class that is abusing ramp / 0-costs / draw. I guess shaman has ramp now, but devolve doesn’t hit hands.

So, like, wilds in trouble rn, its redic uninteractive.
Standards great its just too few cards for creative space.
Classic HS tho, that’s when the game had…drawbacks to power.

Old inn was 2 redic free mana, in a class that didnt have money draw to negate that card-out from hand, or cards plural. You had way less options running inn. It did matter what your topdeck(s) were. Today, not so much, 180.

Soulfire actually discarded something that mattered.
Positioning mattered to, like, in wild, the board doesnt even matter, let alone positioning lol. And that’s for real.

So there’s a whatever a table-salt holder is called, level, of salt / truth in the mix. I’d start w balancing wild b4 launching a new game mode. Def dont pitch BG’s as deckbuilding or the-same general idea as constructed, either. Deckbuilding and interacting, are those 2 things too much to ask for?

ROTATING SET MODE <<<
I been saying that for 3 years! Even before they made Arena rotating.

I don’t think we need a Hearthstone Classic, but I would love a more regularly rotating format: have 3-5 sets that are legal at one time, and change them up every month or so to keep things fairly fresh. That largely fixes the problems of relatively stagnant metas in both Standard and Wild, since the available sets can strongly influence what strategies are viable.

2 Likes

This, very much this. However I believe this game is already beyond redemption.

You might want to check your facts… as wow classic is immensely popular still, so much so that they had to put layering back to many servers due to the massive population causing too much lag.

Considering how many complain about Standard, I believe they will be more than happy for a new game mode. And I don’t think they’ll mind selling their kidneys in order to play it.