VS Syndicate's podcast is out. We have a 3 class meta

I kinda agree but tbf the next expansion announcement may happen as soon as tomorrow, probably no later than sometime next week. Next expansion is targeted for release on early March, and there is usually about a month-long period of card reveals.

With the announcement we may get a quick balance patch with the release of the Bgs content and the free legendary, so I bet all that and this legendary will be enough to keep people’s attention till rotation happens.

2 Likes

It was here

https://x.com/AlecoGereco/status/1657095209090715654?s=20

1 Like

I think rainbow DK is about equal in terms of mu, it’s one of the few decks that I know of that go toe to toe with meatis deck. The entire game revolves around timing of the weapon and when they freeze your face, if their timing is just slightly off you will win, otherwise if they happen to freeze your face for 6 turns while running you out of resources they can win.

If your struggling in the plague DK mu, that’s a you problem, this is one of the easier mu to win.

Definitely not. Control warrior decks usually get Brann online turns 9 on average, sometimes 8, then they have to waste a turn typically dropping bomb boss. That means your at risk usually only by turn ten or later. You can drop odyn turn 8, then swing for 30 to 50 damage to face ready to follow up with lethal the next turn. Basically they don’t have a hope in hell dealing with that kind of tempo. If you can’t beat this mu, that’s a you problem.

Once you drop odyn you put them on a timer. You can easily have turns where your swing for 30 to 50 damage to face, ready to follow up with lethal the turn after. Even control warrior or Brann warrior can’t deal with that kind of damage to face.

So you basically keep all your armor generating cards till you drop Odyn? Except maybe Bash?

Interesting.

Thank you for taking the time to find and share that.

So; judging from the comments here, I take it everyone is good with three classes being playable, and the rest being garbage.
I myself am used to it. My class got completely killed without a word of notice from any of the regulars here.
But; tell me more about how this game is fun for everyone?

Yea, I thought that would go without saying. A lot of times you don’t even swing weapon before odyn to conserve charges as it’s missed face damage.

The only armor card you should be using before odyn in these matchups is shield block and only to draw cards if you don’t have any other draw available, since obviously you need to draw odyn before turn 8 ideally.

1 Like

I mean we take what we can get. I don’t think anyone is particularly happy with the meta, but when has that ever been the case?

I can think of a handful of metas I enjoyed but other’s hated, for example the yogg druid, secret rogue meta was quite fun for me at the start, but really aged poorly.

As it stands, this meta, in my opinion, is far from the worst meta ever, but also far from the best, it’s probably like middling or mediocre.

What’s interesting about this meta is a lot of people were convinced it was pretty much solved, including VS, but it’s clearly had a complete reversal of top decks in the last week or so with sludge Warlock, the tyrant from last week, essentially falling off the map.

Sludge lock still needs nerfs. It’ll be right back to S tier if they fix warrior.

Odyn kind of needs to die in a fire. Brann too.

Actually mage can be decent If people start to figure New cards.

The sludgelock matchup is terrible but their population numbers are starting to get a Drastic reduction.

I personally think It is past time for rainbow mage to rest in piece.

The DK and warrior matchups are far easier to adapt than sludgelock when you play mage.

1 Like

I know just what you mean. I have endured over four years of sub- par decks and unjustifiable nerfs for my class, while the regulars here claimed that everything was fine, and I was just exaggerating about the treatment that my chosen class has received. Maybe now that it isn’t just Mage getting treated like this, something will be done.

I would love to see the deck that is decent. VS says they have nothing viable, and I know that for fact in Wild. Even Quest Mage, (which I despise) is tier 4, maybe.

1 Like

I was talking standard.

After i’m did see the Brian kibler New iteration for secret mage in standard I’m kinda had the idea of creating a far agressive mana cheating deck using the coin generators we have in standard.

That are basically the 2 mana partner and one of the versions of the remixed robot.

With that and an arcane deck shell i do all sorts of dumb stuff from turn 4 azshara colossals to tons of damage with rommath in the late game via the new lightshow( atleast something around being able to go to more than 150).

Basically the deck is about finding How you can cheese the game and the number of ways is hilarious high if you’re creative enough to see they.

The New rommath mage is really scary for any standard deck that does not plan to go to absurd levels of agression.

Reading this I know one of two things is true: either you don’t actually play the deck, or I’m not actually playing the deck. I mean, I copied my list directly from a Meati tweet but maybe I have like version 1 or something. Please post list.

If you make a secret deck that works, I would love a code.
I think Secret Mage is permanently crippled thanks to Team 5 printing useless secrets that pollute the pool.

Absolutely correct. The last two secrets they printed, are actually liabilities most of the time.

The summon your highest cost minion copy secret is nearly garbage all the time, and when it does go off it tends to just pollute your board with an extra minion to block you from playing useful minions that turn.

The azerite copy a card from your opponent has lost me a handful of games when cast from the excavate pay off minion, that’s because the card your get is always absolute trash and it can fill your hand and cause you to mill a critical card.

The secrets they gave to mage would be a blessing if they were never printed, not only will they never be run, but they will remain a liability in mage forever more.

1 Like

You do realize I mean on turn 9 you swing big for face right?

I think your missing how powerful rockstar are in the deck, they are pretty much the win condition. You get 30 to 50 damage in one turn by dropping 2x rockstar then using 3 to 4 armor gains. Each time you gain armor you get +4 attack from the rocks, so gaining armor 4 times in one turn gives you 16 attack alone. If you count the other armor contribution you can easily get closer to 50 attack in one turn.

On 9 mana the most you can do is:

• 2 mana Rock Star
  • 2 mana Bash 3+3+2+2
  • 2 mana Bash 3+3+2+2
  • 3 mana Heavy Plate 8+2+2
  • 0 mana 3+3+2+2 Hammer
    Total: 42

While 30+ is an extreme example. Getting just 20 is relatively easy and i am not sure that’s healthy for the game. Maybe it is but it seems like a bit much.

1 Like

/clicks furiously

I believe there’s a 33.3% (repeating of course) chance that falls within the

range posted.

; )

Just another example of the powercreep.

(cue Radiohead).

3 Likes

I think most people now run the list with the 1 mana rift, so the dream is double rockstar, double plate, plus rift, which auto casts the second rift, so you get

Double plate: 16 + 8 = 24
Double rift: 8 + 8 = 16
Weapon: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10

Which is 50 damage. But you have to sacrifice something for the rifts, I drop the slams for the rifts as they have overlapping purpose ( minor draw, in the case of the rift it activates armorer turn 3, and early problematic minion clear).

Edit, you can do better than that, replace the double plate for 2 x bash and 1 shield block which is 29 damage, resulting in 55 damage on turn 9.

I think you can go higher than that on turn 10, probably closer to 60 or above, that’s double astalor double battle cry territory. But unlike astalor all this damage goes face.

Keep in mind once your turn 9 or 10 you most likely have several key cards discounted by from the depths, so you can push well over 60 damage from hand to face in one turn if you get lucky.

It’s really not that hard to get over 30 damage on turn 9, I average in the low to high 30s, probably the lowest I get is like 28 and the highest well above 40.