VS Report - Brann Warrior still Tier 1 confirmed

Like it or hate it some people enjoy the ‘reactive’ survive and assemble the combo pieces or die decks.

The problem is when a lot of those combo decks are just 1 or two cards. The old ragnaros shaman OTK is what I think is a good combo deck. You need like 5 or 6 pieces to make it work rather than just Sif + 2 burn spells / odyn + a few armor cards. OTK decks should have to battle to assemble the OTK.

Fascinating. Because I don’t feel that way at all, I feel like what is true and what isn’t true is something that I don’t have control over… and that you don’t have control over, and that top streamers don’t have control over, and that no one at all has individual control over. It seems to me that YOU are the one fascinated with having control over what is true, hoping to change reality by willing ideas into existence, or at least have someone better than you somehow do it.

You seem to think that I’m jealous of something that I don’t believe exists. I assure you, I’m not.

No, I don’t choose to ignore it. What I choose to ignore, are my own subjective feelings and experiences. I don’t just assume that most people feel the way I do about everything.

I assume that the way people feel has a lot to do with what decks are popular, because if people actually cared about winning and knew how to, then what decks are popular would be very different. What most people on this forum do, is a deck like Mage gets popular and they just completely ignore the implication that Mage’s popularity means that Mage is popular with the players, while focusing on the perverse conclusion that popularity is a problem.

There’s no such thing as a complete picture. Any other system just makes false promises.

I strongly agree with this. The difference is that you think that higher skill is always “better,” where I think that higher skill is simply different. A small handful of games played by a top ten player are not better data than ten thousand games played at T1KL.

No, you can’t prove someone wrong by pointing to a thing that doesn’t exist. These days, there isn’t a single card in Spell Mage that loses the game for Mage. There isn’t a single card that automatically wins either. You literally imagined a unicorn that “proves” you right because your brain is so hooked on rationalization that that’s what passes as thought to you.

Nice try, troll brains. Have fun responding to air—not like you ever cared about other’s opinions before. You reap what you sew. I proved you wrong, and you have yet to say an intelligent thing. Good luck.

I don’t get high rolled nearly as much by Plague decks as Rogue decks. Rogue decks seem to just magically always find the line. I just don’t see Plague as that good in this meta.

1 Like

It’s not at all the same. Rogue just continues to pay 0 cost until it finds an answer, claiming that took skill. Plague is completely different.

1 Like

Rogue is the highest skill factor deck in Standard currently. That doesn’t make it the best deck, I’m just saying it rewards increased skill with increased winrate at the highest ratio.

playing a zero coast RNG spell is need big skill cap? lolz are you kidding in forum? then repeat every 1 whit lego many time …rogue will winn when game think is on tour and RNG better than anyone …not a single pro player make it better when is RNG bad

No. It is the highest RNG factor. It doesn’t take skill. You are just the luckiest of winning with OP garbage.

2 Likes

Yeah, when your deck is all about generating fully random resources it does tend to favor those that can appropriately use random junk to good effect.

It’s one thing to win when the game hands you the nuts. Another entirely to piece together a win with a bunch of cards that might never be realistically used.

1 Like

Unless you just randomly get all powerful cards randomly given to you. In the same respect a hand full of garbage given to you cannot magically be turned into something useful. The only difference is if you are a novice player of the game and don’t recognize powerful cards when they are handed to you.

The high skill reward is only a few percent win rate differentials.

There’s a margin between the strong cards and trash where players could use them to win, but might not find the line. It’s those games where having high skill helps thief rogue style play. You expect to see decks like that get better with player skill.

1 Like

I was thinking more about a player at say bronze ranks that is new or not as experienced in game. That type of player playing the current excavate Rogue is so far behind the eight ball playing such a deck they shouldn’t even really bother.

The card selection becomes more pronounced when you see polarized matchups. Take for instance the Excavate Rogue vs an Odyn Warrior. The amount of useless cards the rogue will be getting is far higher than a normal match up against a deck actually using the board.

I don’t know.

I understand what you said but at the same time those players end with a more sustainable learning curve.

When people play decks with a too low skill ceiling because of the base performance they end with a really bad players experience overall.

That happens because eventually either the meta changes or even the deck gets nerfs.
For anyone starting with hearthstone i would not recommend excavate rogue as much as i would not recommend low skill ceiling decks.

They sabotage new players in the long term.

adapting to the rng is a skill

1 Like

I think of Legend as a “monthly Boss in WOW”

Could you imagine a dungeon in WOW where only a small percentage of players could beat it?

You run a 5 boss dungeon each month but only 5% can kill the last boss and theres nothing you can do but “git gud” but we all know it’s RNG and number of attempts?

Not very fun.

There is no “we” here.
Only those that aren’t good enough believe in such stuff. Take your own advice and…

Being unable to reach Legend and actively playing just shows you aren’t good enough. Either work on that or spare us the “rigged” talk.

2 Likes

You’re a clown.

I never mentioned the word “rigged”

It’s been said by way more people than yourself that number of attempts over time with a deck with the highest winrate is your best bet to get legend.

Your opinion is garbage. You are a troll and know nothing.

( I see you starting to reply and then stopping, thinking, starting, stopping, just spare yourself more embarrassment and dont reply)

It’s true, that’s the bad player’s way of reaching Legend.
Actually good players reach it with anything.

I’ll take it that my opinion holds more weight from a guy talking about RNG and number of games.

( I see you starting to reply and then stopping, thinking, starting, stopping, just spare yourself more embarrassment and dont reply)

1 Like

More exaggerated lies to prop yourself up like you’re “better than”.

(bragging about “easy legend” in a video game is kind of embarrassing. Good for you?)

“I take a classic deck and get Legend on the 1st day of the month in about an hour, I dont know about all you other scrubs, oh, and Im not compensating, at all! (size doesnt matter!)”

You drive a really big lifted pickup truck. Admit it.