vS Data Reaper Report #302

I suggest that Orion rename this thread and start a new one, free from contamination.

It is, and their tier list power ranking is completely off, at least for top 1k

Its very easy to realize it as everything points at it: weighted winrates and popularity, amount of mentions and complaints about the decks, the fact they somehow thought its perfectly fine to imply that 31% of the best 1000 players in the world play a bottom of tier 2 deck …

And somehow, i got attacked, mocked, lied to, misquoted and portrayed as a whacko for my effort of correcting the data.

So which part of that looks off topic to you?

2 Likes

Orion will do no such thing, the only thing left to do is be in the arms of morpheus.

This divine beauty doesnt come without sacrifice,and yes its shameless vanity i do belive im entitled to a small share of it after what i saw above.

This topic will be dead by tomorow anyway, theres only so much possible indulgence on a deadly sin.

4 Likes

How many Sludgelocks did you play AGAINST in your ~250 games in the last week or so?
Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Will it now?

2 Likes

also wait, I realize that last week was the first time there seemed to be some semblance of harmony of the forums…

and scrotie was banned the whole time…

nice

1 Like

You misremember. I’ve been unbanned for 3 weeks plus.

1 Like

There is worse than Scrotie here. I went for almost 6 months without being flagged, until a nameless someone came back.
For some, it’s not what you say.
It’s that you say anything at all.

2 Likes

extremely rare scrotie W. common altair L

1 Like

Absolutely unreal. You spent all this time in this thread arguing how this isn’t true and just said these exact words in another thread.

You just admitted with that quote right there that rainbow shaman is a tier 1 deck lmao because it is a 53% win rate with 250 games

4 Likes

Its complete bull crap when 5 classes trash paladin like riping tissue paper. Vs is a bad source and not to be trusted no more after this bs.

Thet need to be open and acuracte about this data. Only thing I can think to agree with them might be the fact that the majority of the player base has gotten worse.

If someone wants to explain where they get there data from that would be great. Because this legit dont make since.

Look, it happened again :rofl:

3 Likes

you spelled egomaniacal wrong in this sentence, btw.

The whole point of the power score is to show what might be a meta sleeper as it has favorable match ups into the common decks… which is why it’s not just “winrate” like has been mentioned here.

It’s basically a measure of what is performing in this snapshot of the meta. That’s not to say it’s predictive, because the meta is always moving - especially at the highest ranks.

Edit: It shows what is working in that meta, shaman might be a sleeper based on low playrate, I mean. It shows what is strong based on what is played. It’s a weighted number.

Rise up my Paladin bredren against the evil VS tyranny.
Its all a big conspiracy to soil the good name of the holy brothers.

The voices in my head say so ,and they are far more numerous than the laughable numbers in any VS report.

4 Likes

And the forum was better for it.

1 Like

Ok so the data is being misinterpreted. I had a feeling.

People are using it to fight there agenends vs the truth. Thanks.

Demon hunter is a meta sleeper though.

1 Like

I took Handbuff Paladin to Legend last night.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m saying what you want to say though.

The power score looks at how a deck performs in a given meta, not the whole ladder. It’s specific to that snapshot.

Paladin is really, really good right now. Demon hunter is meh.

5 DECKS might be trashing it (not classes). But it’s a meta with at least 5 to 8 decks being very powerful; it’s closer to a powercreeped meta rather than an imbalanced one; it’s just very brutal against the “Tier” 3 or 4 decks; it’s just that the silly system of VS “Tiers” has only 3 decks on 1 and various on 2 but this month both Tiers may be very powerful (maybe even the 3rd tier).

Also I’m sure some people misunderstand the paladin deck; it’s not just thicc minions; the tech cards play a big role because there are various decks that exclusively rely on generated cards for an OTK.

Oh look. It’s pure delusion.

It’s literally just winrate, expressed weirdly.

The way you find “a meta sleeper” is you look for decks with great winrates that aren’t popular. You don’t need something more special than winrate, you just need plain winrate.

This is like saying that it’s not predictive to say that I’ll be in Texas tomorrow, just because I’m in Texas right now. Yes, yes, I could theoretically hop on an airplane in an hour. People are moving, sometimes temporarily and sometimes permanently, around the world all the time. But along a short timeframe this change effects only a minority, which makes it mostly predictive.

Matchups only occur when both players have similar MMRs, that is, both belong to a given meta. There, no games are played on the whole ladder, and all games are played in a given meta. If power score didn’t look at a given meta, it would be worthless.