Velen + Unexpected Results

Summons 2 cost minions instead of 4 cost (despite the text on the card)

Velen is a direct multiplier, it doesn’t have +spell damage anywhere on it… why would it affect Unexpected Results?

This isn’t a bug.

1 Like

There is a display bug: Velen affects to the card text

OWNED, it IS a bug!

I have been using the mutliplyer forums for years.

With the new format of the forums it merges all forums when displaying the new topics, so I come here once in a while…

I have never seen anything like the bug forums!

Intternet police who think they work for Blizzard insulting people who come here with a legitimate CONCERN (didn’t say legitimate bug)

And you trolls bully the crap out of these people.

If I were the mods I’d ban people like you from this particular forum because you discourage people from trying to make the game better.

3 Likes

The same question: why it AFFECTS if it wouldn’t?

This issue was supposedly fixed back in 12.2. Sounds like it was either unintentionally reverted, or never fixed to begin with.

1 Like

Blizzard, you can hire me to fix this issue! I’m similar to Unity and C# ;>

@Magenta: In case you are serious and not just joking: https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/

I’m so serious, that I send my resume several times a month for 4 years :smiley:

https://github.com/HearthSim/hs-bugs/issues/1030

In case someone is wondering, he’s talking about the text being display as 4 cost minion when Velen is on the board, not the card summoning 2 cost minions with it.

No, this is not a bug. Velen doesn’t have spell power, so it’s supposed to summon 2 cost minions. Yes, I do remember some patch note saying it was fixed to show correct text of 2 cost minion. Apparently it wasn’t fixed or accidently reverted.

Wikipedia: " A software bug is an error, flaw, that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."
Text on the card is incorrect. So it is a bug.
P.S. Bug is not about wrong mechanic behaviour only, but about wrong visualization too. About unexpected results. We unexpect that Velen affects to card text.

2 Likes

Yes, text is a bug, not the 2 cost summoning interaction, which your report was more intended towards. When someone says this as a bug, people won’t think of the text, but the interaction. Masked Contender for example, before the recent RoS patch in April 5th, the text said ‘play’ despite what we all know of HS it is just not. This led some players reporting its interaction with Secretkeeper as a bug. It wasn’t. Same as this case, it was just a text error, and it should be changed to ‘cast’ from ‘play’ from the recent patch. As I and other said, this text display in Unexpected Results was supposed to be fixed. I’m sure Blizz will sure to fix it (again) when they are aware of this.

So I don’t see any reason to claim that it isn’t a bug except to troll or seem smarter. I suppose we are here to improve player experience and report errors.
That’s why it could be more constructively if you write “You are incorrect, card behaves as supposed to, but there is a text bug” but not “It’s not a bug”.

1 Like

For clarity of things, yes, it should be said it is not a bug, as summoning 2 cost minions is the intended interaction. No one said your report was useless, waste of space, nor was being hostile about it. On the contrary, your report was useful in letting Blizz aware this hasn’t been fixed, or accidently reverted. Don’t let one person lead you to believe there was any hostility here or an attempt to shut you out.

You act like a troll.
Let’s try again: the bug isn’t in the card mechanic. The bug is in the card text. And it is still a bug (from the definition of a bug)

Come on, man. You’re simply arguing over semantics here. Yes, if you want to be technical,

yes, it should be said like this. But as I mentioned, there was a similar case with Masked Contender. No, it is not a bug for Secretkeeper to get buffed by it despite it saying ‘play a secret’ and it gets buffed when ‘secret is played’. Obviously people will understand as text being the problem. If you want to get technical, you should also say, ‘yes, I was wrong about Velen + Unexpected Result having to summon 4 cost minion. So text is wrong and should be changed’. Like, do you think people will not understand text is the problem when it summons 2 cost minions when it clearly said 4 cost minions in the text?

1 Like

Your first message said nothing about card text. It only claimed that 4-cost minions should have been summoned instead of 2-cost. The response to that was obviously that this is intended behaviour and not a bug.

After you first mentioned that the card text had changed to 4, all replies acknowledge that the card text is a bug (and the summoning is not).

1 Like

There is no different sub-channels in Bug Forum for text bugs. So I dont see any way to report this bug and not to face comments like yours “Its not a bug”.

I see that some conceptions could be explained with already existing keywords (like in MtG). And I’m still not a developer of HS and dont know is is a text bug of Unexpected Results or wrong implementation of Velen’s mechanic.
Long story short: it can be fixed in different ways.

I understand that. But as I said, or if I put it in a different word, there is hostility here only if you think there is hostility here. Don’t take what some people here said as an attempt to demean you or belittle you. Some simply act less wordy, that’s all. This is not a discussion forum, so some people simply choose to say what is what and end with conclusion, no attempt on socializing and whatnot.