Utilize That Ignore Function

Many users here have left, or are considering leaving, because of certain people here. I only want to say that one way to help combat these people is to simply ignore them. Click on their username, view their profile, and select ignore. It’s that easy. Don’t continue bothering with them, because engagement and attention is what they want.

As an aside, the few of us left using this forum can most definitely turn the vibe around here into something more positive and civil. If someone begins to lash out, be the bigger person - don’t let small people bring you down to their level.

Thanks! :innocent:

14 Likes

Strongly disagree. People don’t flag posts that they ignore and these posters need moderation. Flag instead of ignoring. Service guarantees citizenship.

Now when it comes to not giving them attention… okay, agree there. Flag but do not engage.

1 Like

I used to ignore, until someone in the forum taught me to stand up for what I believe in.
But I also need to pay attention to my wording. People can add words to yours without context or selectively quote you into misrepresentation.
Such cases, you need to defend yourself, then balance it knowing when to stop useless engagement.

1 Like

You can always do both, as well as the option to Mute users is also a thing, where you can choose to view the muted person’s posts or not. Still giving you the option to flag if appropriate. Hard Ignores do have a small downside of not letting you even have the option to flag things such as threads started by the ignored user.

Solid Starship Troopers reference, at least Im hoping thats what Im picking up on there Scr0tie.

I’m all for that. I’m referring mostly to spammers with numerous accounts, and others that have no real arguments based on data but spout off the same old ramblings that entirely derail threads. You know who they are.

Yeah, but like, that’s not my job, and it probably isn’t anyone else’s here either. I commend the effort, but it’s ultimately pointless. And I’m no snitch.

1 Like

Thus, you show your weakness and admit that I am right. Aufiderzein!!! :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand:

Which, without a doubt, means that I’m doing the right thing!

1. Your enemies should fear you;
  2. Or your enemies should respect you.
    :point_right: :call_me_hand: :point_right: :+1: :nerd_face:

Can anyone tell me what this thread is about? I can’t see the first post.

(kidding)

4 Likes

I didn’t see you were kidding at first and almost scrolled up. You almost got me! :grinning:

Alas, to what I’m referring has already popped its head into this thread.

I feel we’re like an expedition team lost in the woods and our guides have disappeared. We’re here left with only our own devices in the dark, forgotten by society. :yum:

3 Likes

That must be the ‘2 hidden replies’ I see. I’m with you 100% by the way, if someone does something inflammatory or offensive I’m all for flagging it. The people who deliberately write long nonsense posts in weird syntax and pretend to be from mother Russia (when we know who they really are), those I put on ignore.
I don’t need to scroll through walls of text for no reason at all.

2 Likes

Already did. Starting with you,
Dropped you from discord too.
#Bye

At this point, and I’m no psychologist (though I don’t think I need to be one to say), but this person is severely mentally ill.

So be it then. I hope your decision makes for a better forum and Discord experience. :smiling_face:

Isn’t it funny when the most argumentative person here has such a thinly skinned ego?

1 Like

Not quite that easy if they set profile to private. If they do that it requires additional steps to ignore them.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought so, but wasn’t sure. Don’t give them tips!

And I hope you get over your problems too.
You seem to have so very many.

1 Like

It’s kinda funny, but I expected you to go there. Per usual, I guess. Nonetheless, thank you for the kind words.

I would ignore if it worked the way I wanted it to.
I have one person on my ignore list and it still shows me their comments with the option of seeing them.

What is the reason for that, there is a reason I have them on ignore, I would prefer not even having the option to see their messages.

Both options though are great against trolls, one makes it so that they are ignored (literally) and will disengage after some time, and the other can bring a ban which is also effective.

If anything don’t try to argue for what it’s better, just do one of the two …

(post deleted by author)

Care to elucidate the process? I tried ignoring fake Scr0tie but ran into that issue.

I don’t look at it that way, but I’m sorry that you do.