Updated Free Deck for New and Returning Players

which deck would be best to pick anyways? don’t even remember the last time i played…

Update on this: I bit the bullet and can confirm the decks have been updated! I picked the Warrior deck, and got “For the Horde”, but the description was still wrong compared to the one listed in this post.

Aye. The decks seem to be updated, regardless of the text.

Fix the switcheroo bs.

Yes, to those of you asking, these went live with the launch of Voyage to the Sunken City, like this post says. I’ve passed along your reports that the in-game text was not updated.

Here’s a nifty guide on what the free decks are and which are the best.

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/guides/3-what-are-the-free-hearthstone-decks-for-new-and-returning-players-decklists/
1 Like

I’m having an issue with getting the free decks … as a whole … I went on two old accounts and I still havnt got them . What do I do…

So basically bring in new players with enticing offers and gifts but the original players can remain with what they have?

2 Likes

Going to be slightly off-topic here, so apologies in advance: sadly, that does seem to be an acceptable business practice. The cable/internet/phone companies do it, lol! :smiley:

Heck, my grandmother was with Bell since like the 1950’s, but even she finally got fed up with the amount they charged her and switched to Rogers sometime around 2010. When a Bell guy came around a couple years ago to my grandparent’s, he and my mom had a discussion, and one of the things that came up was the whole better price for new customers thing - he actually even recommended switching every so often between the different companies to get those deals and save a little money. Not exactly the same here, but kind of ties in very loosely with this free deck thing Hearthstone does - leave for a while, return for the deck, and repeat, lol! :laughing:

1 Like

same here. came back after 5 months but did not receive a “returning player” deck. but the “welcome back” bundle is available for purchase in the store :+1: :joy:

Yes, enticing people to return to the game they have allowed to remain dormant is a valid and time tested tradition of regaining old customers. Many cell phone companies do this, the most common version we see today is when you actively switch providers and they offer you a new phone hardware for a discounted price. You could just be a first time phone buyer and you wouldn’t get that deal. You could be a long time customer and wouldnt be eligible for it either. The company isnt trying to retain the ones currently playing and buying things, because their current products and services are obviously working for those people. Its the ones that started and left they are trying to regain as customers. They obviously dont need to create a whole new product for those people to find the game interesting for a first time, as they already did it before, the people just stopped for whatever reason. Its an inexpensive thing to the company to give out to those otherwise ex customers as a way to bring them back into the fold and regain them as a customer.

If you think everyone should be given the same stuff and same promotions I suggest to you that you arent a fan of capitalism. Which itself is not a bad thing, just letting you know what it is you are not agreeing with. Why should current customers be given the same bonus as returning customers? being a returning customer is a special status as they have regained your business to them.

If you want the special promotions like these, then you need to qualify for them. Go without HS for 120 consecutive days and whalah! you are now eligible. But what about the promotions and reward tracks you missed while away? Why would you be entitled to those too if you made a different decision to be away? See how both sets of groups get something but missed something? It is a fair way to address the inequity inherent in the game.

ya same here I returned never got a new deck.

1 Like

I’d probably put in a ticket. I don’t know if it’d solve much, if anything, but it might be worth doing if only for all of that free dust. You should be eligible for a free deck if you’ve been gone for 120 days or, of course, create a new account. Were you gone for 4 months?

https://esports.gg/guides/hearthstone/free-hearthstone-decks-voyage-to-the-sunken-city/

Late answer here.
This free deck is only granted once per account, or more specific, once per region of an account: I play on Europe and just tried out the Americas region: Boom, Free Deck offered.

P.S.: It might still be once per account: If you only play on one region, then switch to another and get the free deck granted, that might have been it for all regions and the whole account’s lifetime.

Proceed with caution
:male_detective:

Any news on the updated free decks with Nathria launch?

Not heart/read anything about it so far.
Returning players (120+ days without login into HS) are now always granted one of these, not just once per account’s lifetime as before. Better check your last login on your account’s website at Blizzard, though.

1 Like

Not a returning player myself, just want the info to help new players in Reddit :slightly_smiling_face:.
If we knew how the new free decks are, we could advise them to pick one of the current ones or wait, and which one to choose.
This post was 5 days before Sunken City launch. Tomorrow will be 5 days before Nathria launch, so I hope they make another announcement like this.

1 Like

Well, they should be the new recommended (Class) Recipe decks, though they tweaked them a bita to the meta the last few releases.
The new recommended builds already show up in the client, take a sneak peak there.

Disclaimer: Caveat emptor!

1 Like

More than the new, the previous expansion ones then… Interesting. So mech decks for mage and paladin, etc. Previous expansion recipes are very playable, many of them including the Hero and the Collosal of the class. If they don’t cripple them too much, they will be fantastic free decks.
Let’s wait and see.

Hey all, the new lists for Patch 24.0 were just posted here:

Enjoy!

2 Likes