Updated Free Deck for New and Returning Players

It’s free and totally capable of reaching Legend. No reason to complain about something that is free and powerful.

Yes. After that tutorial/returningplayerq you get the deck afaik. Contact the support maybe they can help.

I just checked. It’s limited to one per account, so I don’t think it qualifies again. I’d just disappear for four months for one of my main accounts and come back on 1 December. I last played on 31 July and didn’t hit new season.

According to Blizz, my stars should remain too right as long as I do not log in and play for four months.

I think it’s worth it cos the daily farms will net me 6 to 7 legendaries, and mostly out of these, I’d get maybe just one reasonably good one and the rest niche or trash tier. So might as well stop playing and get three very good legendaries.

Thinking of hunter or rogue, but will consider in four months time.

Problem is now I only have one account and need to find some other stuff to do when playing - used to play two games at once.

3 Likes

I just returned to the game yesterday after two years of not playing and I chose the Ahoy maties deck because I like pirates.

TIL i’m a dimwit, but I still manage to win the majority of my games.

1 Like

Logged in for the first time in a long while, googled what is the best choice of free deck, search results said mage so picked mage. Turns out it was for the previous offer and now the mage deck is awful!

So disappointed with my choice I couldn’t muster the will to start Demon Hunter stuff and logged off. See ya in 4 months I guess. :joy:

2 Likes

Lol, that sucks. Guess a preview would be a nice option here

2 Likes

Ouch! So, it seems “per account” means Blizzard account; not region. I came back to the American servers on this account at the end of May. This announcement motivated me to log onto the European servers after one year away. No free decks were offered, and the account is still in the apprentice ranks. I might be stuck in apprentice forever now. My decks with basic and classic cards (mostly) versus free decks from the past two expansions. I spent an entire two days to advance from apprentice 18 to 14. Punishing!

It hasn’t really become that much better. To many sets to collect if you haven’t ever played or haven’t played for a long time.

You get the deck once you leave the apprentice rank.

You can’t repeat this, offer is good for 1 (one) time per account.

Ah, yes, thanks. You prompted me to reread the op to see my mistake. Skipping the “experience” prerequisite was done for returning players, but new players must still go through all forty apprentice ranks.

1 Like

You can skip through all apprentice ranks too, you won’t get the additional packs though but still the deck.

1 Like

Did the literally exact same thing. Got my sweet Highlander deck with 2 copies of every card. Short of the impossibly unlikely circumstance that they’d agree to change my pick, I’m unfortunately going to be taking a break again. Bummer cause I was excited to play again but I don’t have the real life funds to make a competitive deck anymore and that poor research ruined it, along with the lack of information on what the deck includes other than which class it happens to be.

it not as if blizzard has a monopoly on giving stuff for new or returning people, all types of companies do it, especially banks.
chances are if you didn’t stop playing the game you already have most of the cards they are giving away anyway so whats the issue?