Underbelly angler is op murloc

tell me how a 2 mana 2/3 with powerful effect of adding a murloc to your hand after playing another murloc is ok?
any and all murlocs added to hand is good for them…
I know fantrolls left here are going to say he is easy to remove or something but this card and shaman murlocs are too powerful

8 Likes

Of all the cancer decks out there, and there are a ton — this is what bothers you?

1 Like

Is it too powerful? Yes, without a doubt it pays 0 penalty for the ability.

Is it needed? With all the other failures that Blizzard has had with trying to get Murloc Shaman to work they decided to print a card that could get the concept to work… much the same as Drak OP and Duskbreaker for Dragon Priest. I honestly think if Murloc Shaman is going to ‘work’ (tier-2 or better) something this powerful was/is needed.

1 Like

he could at least be a 1/3 as he is inevitably going to get buffed multiple times by next turn anyhow.

it might as well be ‘add a warleader’ to hand as this is what they seem to get every time.

or he can at least be legendary, he also seems to start in hand x2 every game as well.

Murloc shaman, really? Is it really more pervasive or problematic than the plethora of other decks being played?

Every deck is literally the most cancerous deck in the game whenever it gets a nut draw, apparently.

2 Likes

Nah.

Angler doesn’t do anything worthy of a nerf.

Murloc Shaman has enough counterplay.

No adjustments needed.

Yup but blizzard won’t nerf it. It ain’t a rogue card.

Then add 2-3 mana single target removal to your deck. What’s the problem? If it’s played in turn 2, they get no value. If it’s played later with some murlocs instantly, you should already have an answer. You don’t? Then your deck is trash Vs murloc shaman. Good night.

The card is capable of generating an infinite number of murlocs (including additional underbelly murlocs). How can that possibly be fair.

In wild maybe, but not standard.

3 Likes

I should never add itself to your hand due to how it functions. Discover cards adding themselves are one thing since you can’t snowball as hard.

1 Like

lol yeah ok 60 damage by turn 5 total counterplay. “Oh so you just sat there?” Nope play a minion and they trade in with poison and turn 4 soul of the murloc.

1 Like

So you played ONE minion and then just sat there then lol :joy:

My deck doesn’t even get going until turn 4 (or turn 3 with coin)

Then you have to accept that your very IDLE deck is going to have bad matchups against more proactive ones.

Don’t you think that getting away with playing nothing for the first 4 turns against something that is playing cards every early turn should not get off Scott free?

1 Like

Why is River Crocodilisk fair, despite being capable of dealing infinite damage?

It can die. Therefore, it is possible to prevent it from dealing infinite damage. For the same reason, Angler is fair because you can kill it before it gets anywhere close to “infnite murlocs”.

2 Likes

Haha Very Idle deck. You expect every game to be finished by turn 4?

I don’t know this river crocodilisk, haven’t seen it. I play around rank 20-18 in standard. Murlocs on the other hand I encounter by the hundreds.

How anyone can defend angler not being op is beyond me. 2/3 for 2 with tribe with infinite value. Should be 1/3 or cant generate itself. This card is comparable to a card which had a score of 120+ on heartharena and was limited to a special event. That card was cavern dreamer and even it wasnt a 2/3.

1 Like

Underbelly Angler is only a problem for me personally when it gives the enemy more Underbelly Anglers.

Discover and Random Generation Cards shouldn’t be able to recursively generate more of themselves. It would be better for the game overall.