Unauthorized Bot-Ban Update--February 2024

to use a scrotism, you’re shifting the goalposts:

Deliberate inactivity is deliberate inactivity.

Thank you! This latest round has made a huge difference!!

I’m still ONLY seeing bots. I’ve climbed from Bronze to Platinum and it’s all been player run bots on auto-farming playing the same deck, the same way. I am reporting them, but it doesn’t seem to matter.

2 Likes

sorry why would blizzard reduce your defeats in arena? This mode is designed precisely to make people pay in a similar way to a slot machine, the bots you see are often blizzard bots put there to simulate that you have met a utopian player with majestic drafts, which practically never happen to you and you continue to pay the two dollars in the hope that it will happen to you, never has a slot system been developed in a more refined way…

I’m on the same boat, playing from beta, never used any 3rd party program so i’ve asked for proofs, since they “deeply investigated my account” but obviously i didnt get one, only the same answer from the tickets.

1 Like

bronze 10 to gold 10 is still all bots. what a waste

I want to know what the point is in reporting bots because you don’t do anything about them. I’m sorry but you don’t

I’ve seen so many lately and reported all of them. They all have names like brown kodo or rust viper or lemon lion. It’s always a color and then a type of creature. And they always play very simple decks that are probably very easy to create a bot program for. They’re always the kind of decks that practically play themselves. Draw card. Play card. Win game. They never emote and they never accept friend invites

Are your real life customers so few these days that you rely on these bots to make it look like people still enjoy this game? Are you simply trying to convince your shareholders you still have players?

That’s the only reason I can think of that you haven’t solved this problem

2 Likes

And yet, bots like ASDAH, ASDSD, ASDDS, ASAAD plus others with obvious botting names are still going strong. Just stop lying about “banning” bots. You haven’t, you don’t, you never will. You need these bots to make Hearthstone seem popular and active else this game would collapse.

5 Likes

You are banning innocent players. I have been playing since Beta and have NEVER used a bot and yet your system incorrectly targeted me. My only mistake was accidentally logging into Hearthstone when Tunnelbear, a free VPN provider, was running. You aren’t keeping the game free of bots, you are indiscriminately banning innocent players based on uncommon play styles, VPNs or other bad evidence.

1 Like

Many of the people banned have NEVER used bots. They are indiscriminately banning innocent players based on faulty evidence. I was banned and have NEVER used a bot. My only mistake was logging into my Hearthstone account when Tunnelbear, a free VPN provider, was running. Every single game since Beta has been played by me.

1 Like

we only know of less than 5 players if its as widespread as you say why nobody posted about it anywhere besides here ?
did you post on reddit and find more ?

I posted about it last month.
I sent a ticket with appeal but no one communicates with me, they only send me a link to the rules of the game.
And on my last ticket I’m getting a ticket ban on this topic
No proof, No reason, no comunication

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1ampqe5/automation_of_gameplay_also_known_as_bots/

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1aomc7k/regarding_the_ban_appeal_process/

I created a new account and got banned last week as well (but this time for using Exploitation of game mechanics and only for a week)
I think they have problem with some antivirus or I switch between PC/mobile quite a bit during the game. I have a bad internet connection, so I switch to mobile data.
But i dont know. They won’t tell me anything

This company is a disgrace and when we tell the truth on this forum (yes the disturbing topics), the topics are deleted.

They are the same practices as rogue companies and what does Microsoft do? Blizzard has tarnished their image but Microsoft lets it happen.

2 Likes

All they say to me is that the evidence is irrefutable and present me with none of this so-called evidence. I have NEVER used a bot so the evidence cannot be irrefutable only faulty. They are treated innocent players like criminals.

I have broadcast this behavior from the company across social media. If anyone pursues a class action lawsuit please post the details here as I would like to sign up.

Any uncommon playing style can lead to the missue of reporting by other players, but they use this as the basis for who to ban (i.e. someone ropes me so I rope them back).

2 Likes

I have been playing the game since Beta but thankfully have never spent a dime on the game. It has only been a time sink for me. Who the hell would pay money for a game that bans players based on evidence they won’t reveal? I have NEVER used a bot but they banned me claiming I have. This clearly proves their detection process is broken.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between an authorized bot and an unauthorized bot? Do players get stuck against Hearthstone bots for location or latency reasons? Thanks for any help.

What are these 3rd party programs? Because on twitch I see streamers using software for deck memory and cards left

An authorized bot is a bot controlled by blizzard.

Bots not controlled by blizzard.

That is a deck tracker. Its an overlay that displays all sorts of useful information about the current game.

The difference is that a deck tracker is DISPLAY ONLY. It does not interact with the game beyond memorizing and displaying known information. A bot will perform actions in-game.

Once again the ranked ladder is full of bots. D10 and higher is an absolute nightmare.
More needs to be done to remove these accounts PROACTIVELY to protect the integrity of the game. If this can’t be solved I will simply move on to another game. This is unacceptable.

1 Like