Unacceptable Bugs

Nothing is a big deal to you. I mean frankly, would u even understand if it was?

Sadly, their QA team went on strike and most of them quit. Hope more people actually helps team 5 instead of all the resources being spent on the new survival game IP.

Didn’t waste much time at all getting on your knees for blizzard.

Yikes, that’s just pathetic

2 Likes

I think the way hotfixes work is that they can’t effect the way the cards present in collection, so I don’t think they can be disabled. But I’d be just fine with temporarily setting their cost to 10 or something. Might surprise a few folks the first time they try to use them in a game, but they’ll take them out after that.

Dont worry im sure Iksar will “test it” later on wild ranked ladder lmao.

2 Likes

I was wondering what happened in one of my last games. Opponent had three minions left on the field, played 2x bioluminescence, and blasted me in the face for 15 damage lightning bolts twice.

You act like they can…

Unacceptable bugs? As opposed to acceptable bugs? ALL programs have bugs - get over it.

man oh man, bugs happen, but that’s not what it’s about, it’s about how to deal with them.

if you can sell expansions and minisets and then there are bugs, then the least you can do is remove the cards until they are fixed.

How bold can it be, and that also speaks for the current team if you know the bugs and let it run.

2 Likes

Yes. Some bugs are without a doubt more acceptable than others. I don’t quite like the diction here, as it’s kinda using a binary word for an analog concept, but I think it’s close enough to be acceptable.

1 Like

There’s even a statistic that proves the most expensive thing is to win back disgruntled customers.

therefore, customer friendliness should not be a foreign word!
but if you just want to sell, you don’t care about balance and bugs, then you get disgruntled customers and they’re expensive.

3 Likes

Well, should it have happened? No, but xxxx happens all the time: The bugdragon/bioluminess slipped thru, the patch was deployed. It’s a content patch, so it needs to be deployed on server plus d/led. You can’t disable cards like those two on a whim, you need a hotfix and even this hotfix needs a day or two to be deployed. Reeling those two buggers back into line took them just at long as disabling them.

In the end, streamers had two days of meme clips and a guilty conscience, but Azeroth still rotates around An’she - praise the Earth Mother!
:cow:

Hard disagree on it being acceptable on Snapdragon anyway. If they actually put more than 5 minutes into testing the product they would have caught it with more than enough time to fix it before releasing the mini-set.
Completely UNACCEPTABLE.

Bio I can give a pass as a spaghetti code failure - JUST - but there is absolutely no acceptable reason why Snappy went live with such a major bug.

3 Likes

I would give a lot to see how the game is made (working process, code and so on …) because I really struggle to understand how they managed to have bioluminescence to spell power +2 with changes in that patch.

Really it’s a riddle to me.

3 Likes

My guess is that they planned to buff it playtesting and for some reasons they didn’t change the effect.
But this would assume they playtest, so it’s absurd

1 Like

In what world the test branch got lost in the retail branch ?
In a well organized dev team, you can’t submit changes that easily. There are peer reviews and stuff.

2 Likes

I would watch a tournament like that. It will be more interesting.

1 Like

Yes. Like, the card back issue while a minor annoyance, doesn’t affect gameplay. Snapdragon buffing battlecry weapons and heroes, not so much. I’m not really understanding how you can defend this mishap, but you do you.

Edit: I read you say elsewhere that you’re sick of the Debbie downers around here. I agree, and I suspect that’s partly why you take issue with this topic. This isn’t that, though. I like the game a lot, and so care about it. I don’t want to see a miniset we’ve all been waiting for ruined in the shadow of bugs. If I were crying about Mecha-Shark needing nerfs, the game being rigged by malicious devs, or whatever have you, I’d see your point. Again, this isn’t that, and please try and empathize with how dedicated players, like me, usually satisfied enough to play daily, are upset right now.

2 Likes

However, they can do a quick temporary server side hotfix to disable the broken cards until a proper fix can be deployed (whether that be server side hotfix or a client update, which definitely has the kind of overhead you’re referring to). They’ve done the card disable hotfix in the past, i don’t understand why they don’t do it more often for problems this severe.

My understanding is that this issue was addressed yesterday, but this was an incredibly bad problem and should have been dealt with quicker post-release. Not to mention that these recent bugs really make you question how they slipped through QA in the first place…

1 Like

It’s time for us to become disillusioned; there is no QA. I truly believe that at this point. There’s no other explanation. This has opened my eyes some, for sure.

2 Likes