Unable to log in issue

Hi all,
I’m unable to log in. I enter my password and authenticator code, the screen says logging in… for about a minute, then gives me a prompt to go offline.

Checking some trouble shooting tips, I’ve run the scan/repair function several times.

Each time it says:
“Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​
Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8”

I get the option to Update, run that, then the scan starts up automatically, giving the same error message. I’ve run the scan/repair and update several times.

So then I clicked on the tech link in the error code message and it says:

This error is caused by a problem downloading or writing new update data. Try the following steps to resolve this error.

Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.

If you’re using a wireless connection, optimize your internet connection to rule out a connection issue.

Run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files.
Disable any proxies that may interfere with the login module.
Advanced Troubleshooting

Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.

If you’re using a VPN, try removing it.

Run a security scan to remove any viruses or malware infections.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net App may resolve rare launcher issues.

If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.

I’m not using VPN, use McAffee anti-virus, and I don’t think I would have administrator permissions issues as this is my personal computer and only I use it. I had logged on and played earlier in the day.

Game version 9.0.5.38134

Anyone have any similar issues and how did they resolve them?
Thanks!

Also, I looked into Uninstalling/re-installing Battle.bet as a first option. I only see an item named Blizzard App on my desktop and in my Control Panel programs. Is that the one to uninstall and re-install?

1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Click Uninstall a program.
  3. Right-click on Battle.net and select Uninstall. This will begin the uninstallation process.
    4.Note: If you do not see Battle.net, look for Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.*
  4. If the client is not listed, manually uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app:
  5. Click Start ( Windows Key + Q in Windows 8), and select All Programs.
  6. After locating the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, right-click the file and select Open File Location.
  7. Move one folder up and delete the Battle.net folder.
    6.Note: If you do not see Battle.net, look for Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.*
  8. Delete the Battle.net Tools folder to remove any remaining Blizzard Battle.net desktop app helper programs.
  9. Reinstall the client.

Hey there ShadowStorm,

Those BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 errors can be frustrating to troubleshoot. It can be caused by many different reasons ranging from permissions or damaged files to interfering programs or a connection problem. Since you tried a lot of the basics already, some more specific steps that can fix or at least narrow down the cause are as follows:

First let’s see if creating and switching to a new Administrator Account helps. This sets many settings to defaults and also helps with permission problems, so can be useful to do even if you’re using an admin account already.

Next is to address corrupt files with the Battle.net application. This is a bit of a nuclear option, but I want to be thorough. What we’ll do is uninstall and reinstall Battle.net, in conjunction with removal of cache and temp folder data. The steps here go over how to remove all files the Blizzard Application uses for installs and patches, and covers folders that are not removed with a basic uninstall. This way we ensure nothing related to the program is causing a problem:

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application! - https://battle.net/account/download/index.xml?show=bnetapp

Lastly is to see if we can rule out most connection or network issues. We do that by trying another network or connection entirely. A friend’s or neighbor’s wifi can help for testing this. Alternatively many players have a hotspot or tether capability with their mobile devices, and for testing purposes, using such should help show different results.