Unable to launch / login to HS

Constantly getting " Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect."

I have scan and repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled - still getting this issue. Started evening of July 4th

top corner of screen shows “HS:CT;NetCacheProfileNotices=0;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0”

1 Like

Hey there Dezpare,

That netcache error you’re seeing is an odd one since it can be caused by a few different reasons. Typically it’s due to damaged files, an interfering program, or connection issue.

The first thing to try is clearing out the most common place a file can be damaged. It is not one that is normally removed even with a reinstall:

1. Press CMD + Shift + G to open the Go to folder

2. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/Blizzard folder
    If there is no Blizzard or Hearthstone folder, show hidden files and folders by pressing CMD + SHIFT + .

3. Delete the Hearthstone folder.

To address a connection problem, I prefer to go directly to trying a different connection or a mobile connection, either a tether or hotspot. If you find that helps, try doing a power cycle of your network and contacting your ISP if it persists.

Hopefully that helps.

I am using Windows machine not a mac. tried googling your suggestion for the windows alternative. found nothing useful.
that being said - the only Hearthstone folder I am finding is the installed location.
I am not having a connection issue as all of the rest of my network / machines are connecting to other services just fine. I have just in case rebooted the router on my network, rebooted my machine and deleted and fully reinstalled the Hearthstone app … to no avail.

1 Like

Hey again Dezpare,

My apologies on the delayed reply here as I wasn’t around to check on the reply until just now. I also am sorry I failed to share the Windows steps to clear the equivalent folder. See if the following helps:

1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Type in %localappdata% and press enter
  3. Go into the Blizzard folder
  4. Go into the Hearthstone folder
  5. Find the Cache folder here and delete it

If there is still a problem, can you test if an alternative connection helps at all? It may be something with the network blocking the connection to the game specifically and this should rule that out as a factor.

Please let us know if things change with this. Take care!

1 Like

hello.
I am having the same problem. It suddenly started one hour ago. I can not connect to HS and I am getting the above error message as well.

I also tried to connect to HS from my second computer, and again I am getting the same error. Also the Battle.net client showed a message that there is a problem from Blizzard’s side. so this must be a more general issue.

Hi,
I was playing earlier this morning and it was fine. (On my desktop)
I went to start a new duel as the quest was for 3 duels.
I built my deck and was ready to go then it wouldn’t proceed.
Closed the game and reopened and had the same issue as above.

" Your game timed out as it was requesting data from the Hearthstone utility service. Please relaunch Hearthstone to reconnect."
“HS:CT;NetCacheProfileNotices=0;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0”

I followed the instructions of

1. Press Windows Key + R

But still hasn’t fixed it.

I have tried running it on mobile and it is running fine.

*** I just tried on my work laptop running on the same network and it has loaded fine.***

1 Like

i keep getting something saying the game has been updated and i need to install newest version. iv’e uninstalled and reinstalled, i can’t run game still

same
i need to fill 20 characters but same

I am having the same issue. Tried deleting the cache, reinstalling both battle.net and hearthstone, restarting the computer, cycling the router - nothing has worked. The app still runs just fine on my phone, but I haven’t been able to launch the game on PC, since the latest patch. I’ve played daily on the computer with no problems up until this issue began a few days ago.

1 Like

Nevermind, I was able to resolve it by closing all applications, and then deleting the battle.net folder, the Blizzard folder, and the Blizzard Entertainment folder. When relaunching battle.net, the game launched just fine.

Hello,
Has their been any update as to how to fix this error???
I’m still unable to launch the game on my desktop.

Having the same issue. Please help!

Having the same issue. Please help! [2]

followed the instructions of

1. Press Windows Key + R

But still hasn’t fixed it.

And its not working in my desktop and mobile too. I got one last duel, that’s almost get disconnected several times… finish it and the game crashed… than this problem started

Hello Ironthorne.

Can we PLEASE get some support for this issue.
I can’t find any solutions to fix this error still.

Do i need to log a ticket somewhere?

How do we get support for this?!?!?!

“HS:CT;NetCacheProfileNotices=0;NetCacheDecks=0;NetCacheCollection=0”

WHAT I DO ?

THIS ONE WORKED FOR ME AND GAME IS WORKING AS NORMAL.