Twist mode is really fun i changed my opinion

I just rewrote this topic

“We want Twist to be exciting Fresh, so we’re taking it away so the players will be excited” :clown_face:

2 Likes

That’s the side of the coin you decide to see
The other side is
you get a fully playable deck at the cost of a single card

It is also a good way to introduce interesting mechanics and effects in the game while preventing op combos
Some of the passives would be innacceptable if you could build your deck as you wanted around them

Duels and tavern brawls have been good examples that allowing to use the entire collection around alternative hero powers and passives always resulted in an abuse of the mechanics, since the cards have been printed with the vanilla heroes in mind

This is how duels has seen a meta flooded with Nat Paggle and Master Cho because of a single passive treasure

1 Like

I’m all for that last sentence but enjoy Twist when it’s been available.
(The bugs in this one have me a little concerned though, considering they spent 2 months designing it.)

No cost. Only need to own the Legendary, and 4 of them are in Core.

There are 13 decks locked behind legendaries you have to either get from packs at random or craft
In order to access these decks, there’s a cost
Having to craft a card to gain access to a deck doesn’t make the deck free

Everyone would just be playing the same few meta decks otherwise, so you get “boredom” either way.

That’s kind of what happened anyway. Each of the weekly “balance” changes to the decks left one clear winner. It was fun though.