Tired of all these "dishonorable = rig matchmaking" posts

No one has provided proof the game is rigged despite thousands of claims. That’s my proof. The complete lack of evidence to say otherwise.

Also the types of rigging that are claimed are different from each other.

Also I see the difference in play from good players and bad players because I constantly go up and down in mmr. Even if it’s hidden I see a noticeable difference in quality of play. Like a normal mmr system should do.

A secret paladin who equips a sword on 2 but doesn’t attack? That’s not a good play. Or someone trying to force a tribe in bgs and being knocked out early.

Also why do people support a game they think is rigged anyway?

1 Like

You also cannot prove a negative. So, those thinking they’re smart and will turn the tables on skeptics by asking for proof that the game isn’t rigged are, well, doing it wrong.

1 Like

This is a point, certainly. It would be a valid point if both sides were in fact on equal footing, but they aren’t.

The reasonable position, in this scenario, would be to assume the null hypothesis is true. In this case, the null hypothesis is that the game isn’t rigged, and any weird patterns are a result of the random distribution of possible outcomes within a set (“opponents’ class,” for example). The alternative hypothesis is that these weird patterns are a result of a non-random effect (rigging) and because of this, the alternative position is the one that demands evidence to be supported. In absence of evidence supporting it, the only logical conclusion is to assume the null hypothesis to be true.

Which is all I’ve done. I don’t trust Blizzard as far as I can throw 'em, but I’m yet to see any evidence for rigging that doesn’t boil down to “sometimes I lose when I feel I shouldn’t,” and none of the justifications provided for what Blizzard’s motivation could be for rigging matchmaking ever hold upon examination.

So there is no evidence of rigging, and no good reason for the game to be rigged, and every time someone comes up with a “new” claim that the game is rigged is because they’re salty over losing a game (or several). Under those conditions, why wouldn’t I assume the game isn’t rigged?

As for this:

You appear to be confusing “not logical” with “silly.” I get that’s a common contrast done by the more obnoxious pedants on the internet, but in this case “not logical” doesn’t mean “silly,” it means “emotional.” And there’s nothing inherently wrong with emotion-driven thinking, but the truth is that such thinking cannot be argued with by logic. Which was the point I made on the post you quoted and proceeded to thoroughly misunderstand.

1 Like

People who think the game is rigged aren’t acting in a purely logical fashion, and therefore their beliefs and decisions cannot be changed with facts.

This isn’t a gotcha moment. The fact is no one has provided proof…

money would be a good enough reason to rig something, imo.

If you actually say what you mean we can understand you. Your post makes no sense as is.

Sure, if you can demonstrate that rigging the system makes more money than not rigging the system. How?

i mean everything i say otherwise i wouldnt. dont assert your beliefs as fact if you cant pr ove it is what ive been saying. how does that not make sense? how is that not right.

As opposed to new expansions rotating, mini expansions, battle pass, tavern pass, cosmetics, pre-order bonuses and anything else I’m forgetting?

Blizzard already has a working monetization system that they are constantly increasing. Rigging doesn’t necessarily increase profits compared to what they are currently doing.

I am reading this on the internet.

Fair enough

That’s a relief, if you could just show the proof to me please I’ll sleep easier.

No actual proof. Quite distressing. Not only are they abusing nano bot technology, but obviously paying people to make forum posts denying the truth.

Is the game of Hearthstone just meant to throw everyone off the tissue companies trail? I’m not saying it is, but I dare anyone to prove otherwise.

Then what in Heaven does you posting two quotes have to do with this?

That’s not right because that’s not How logic works dude. It’s simple as that. No one is ascertaining it’s not rigged, people are saying there’s no evidence to comprove this, so it’s on people who say It is to prove.

What’s wrong in that?

interpret this for me.

“People who think the game is rigged aren’t acting in a purely logical fashion, and therefore their beliefs and decisions cannot be changed with facts.”

Facts and sound reasoning did not lead you to believe the game is rigged. Therefore, it’s unlikely facts and sound reasoning will convince you otherwise.

i havent taken any sides and i really dont care either way because i simply enjoy playing the game. all im saying is that you cant say the game isnt rigged if you cant prove it.

you can argue against the game being rigged but you cant say that it isnt… unless you can prove it.

One could probably argue it’s unlikely to be rigged.

but can you say without a doubt that it isnt?

I’m not sure I can say anything without doubt.

“The game is rigged” is not a fact-driven statement, but an emotion-driven one. As such, facts and logic aren’t persuasive because they don’t actually focus on the source of the statement, which is less about the logic (or lack thereof) of rigging, but the emotional experience that leads people to believe the game is rigged.

I personally got tired of always remembering the bad and never the good. I started keeping track of my W/L and %, what deck I’m using, what I play against and my rank after the match.

Ive found that my tendency to remember the bad instead of the good was blinding my actual good play. I was coming out on top more often than not.

Point is, if you really think the game is rigged than record your findings. Play hundreds and games and get some stats. Look at those stats and see if you are actually right or just making things up because your emotions got the best of you.

3 Likes