Tired of all these "dishonorable = rig matchmaking" posts

The game is rigged period. It’s been designed this way. For profit? Maybe or just to force the 50% wr rule that Blizzard has talked about on multiple ocassions. I’m not sure how this works. Whether it’s daily based or weekly or monthly but basically the game “flips a coin” and decides whether you will win more or lose more a given day. I’ve played since Beta way too many games not to notice this pattern. Like today is a losing day for me. First 3 games: 1) perfect lethal for the opponent (nothing I could do) 2) Illucia on 5 gg 3) perfect hand, end on 5. There was NOTHING I could do in these games. No missplay no nothing. Not only the game decides the matchups themselves but also how the game will go down. Basically it will give the opponent every necessary card to play in the right order and if they are not blind and know how to play they will use that and win. There is no matchmaking RNG, it’s fixed. End of story. If you can recognize that the game wants to screw you my only advice is “stop playing”. You won’t have a good day in HS that day so why bother? Even if you win 1 out of 10 games is that really worth it? I don’t think so. So like today I simply won’t play. Also why do you think there is this “hidden mmr” and no one really knows what their mmr is, hmm?

2 Likes

idk man, i think i saw ben brode own a coat made of dalmations /s

2 Likes

Because MMR values are periodically adjusted and normalized, and people who don’t understand what that is or why it happens would flood the forums whining that their MMR dropped for no reason.

I’m all for giving people more information, but it won’t change anything. People who think the game is rigged aren’t acting in a purely logical fashion, and therefore their beliefs and decisions cannot be changed with facts.

Playing since Beta, but still don’t know how it works. The pattern must not be that obvious then. The fact that you can’t even narrow it down from day/week/month means there is no clear pattern. You believe the system is rigged to give an outcome of “win more or lose more”. WOW. Advanced stuff right there. No other way to achieve that outcome.

I have no way of knowing if these games were even remotely winnable. To claim you played perfectly though doesn’t make me take your claims more seriously. If you think the only reason you ever lose (and it kind of sounds like you do) is because the game is rigged…it might be a case of learning to play better.

Why bother rigging MM if they are just going to make you lose in the game itself? Seriously, why? If the opponent always gets the perfect answer, why bother screwing over people when they mulligan (not your example, but plenty others have pointed to their unlucky mulligans as proof of rigging).

Not sure what you’re implying. That the hidden mmr doesn’t exist? Fair enough. If that’s the case they could match people up to whomever they want to for any reason. This could be support for the “Patent” issue I suppose. Doesn’t support any of your arguments though.

Can I assume you believe this only applies to ranked gameplay? They would be seriously screwed if it ever came out that their global tournaments are fixed. Although, if even ranked was proven to be fixed in the manner you are suggesting I don’t know how they could prove they didn’t fix the tournaments too.

All of this perceived rigging btw could be achieved by simply not rigging the game and letting people play the game as is. You claim to have faced 3 unwinnable games in a row. If a single unwinnable game is possible (please don’t claim otherwise), explain why 3 in a row is only a result of a clear pattern of rigging.

Is Blizzard paying you for being such a loyal fanboy? Because it sure does seem so. Maybe there is no proof that the game is rigged but you show me proof that shows that it 100% is NOT and then we can talk about ok? Saying that “it’s logical”, etc. does not prove your point.

2 Likes

That’s not how proof works. I shouldn’t have to explain something so obvious.

Don’t read them, just as I didn’t read anything you wrote but replied to your topic because I felt bad for you. Good luck today.

Prove it period period exclamation question hyphen apostrophe

Thing is if you play any table top game with dice, the people who do so for a long time will develop superstitions on which dice are lucky, which moves are bad luck, which pair of underwear is good luck.

But there’s nothing actually there. No force that’s controlling the outcome. Well unless you want to go deep dive into physics. It’s just the mind making stuff up to fill the gap of trying to explain random.

It’s entirely possible that Hearthstone isn’t rigged, it’s just the mind playing tricks as it is wont to do.

not that I’m taking sides but he does have a point. seems like there’s a crowed of people that will tell you with 100% certainty that the game is not rigged in any way, then there’s the other crowed that believes the game is definitely rigged in some fashion.

so if no one can unequivocally assert their position, whos right?

1 Like

The people who believe the game isn’t rigged aren’t 100% saying the game is not rigged. We’re saying we need proof the game is rigged.

We know it’s entirely possible for Blizzard to rig the game. We just don’t think there’s any reason to when the ways Blizzard makes money are much more up front and obvious.

Especially when traditional mmr systems do the job just fine of making it feel like you start winning when you lose, or start losing when you win.

:thinking:

People who think the game is rigged aren’t acting in a purely logical fashion, and therefore their beliefs and decisions cannot be changed with facts.

What’s wrong?

The people who believe the game is rigged have yet to provide any proof of rigging.

We’re not the ones trying to prove a claim. It’s not on us to do so. If someone could provide proof, then we’d have to then question whether the game is rigged or not.

that’s fine, anyone who wants to tell you the game is rigged without showing any evidence to support their claim is a fool, but the bigger fool is the one who will tell you otherwise without proof.

1 Like

How so?

If someone says tissue paper has nanobots to cause people to sneeze more to sell more tissue paper. And I say “That’s stupid, provide proof” and then they can’t. How am I a bigger fool?

How am I a bigger fool for not believing conspiracy theories?

2 Likes

you cant assert a claim as fact if you aren’t able to prove it. now, obviously we dont have the technology nor would tissue paper companies have the resources to do such things but rigging a digital game is entirely possible.

2 Likes

Yes it’s possible. But we aren’t questioning the possibility. We are questioning the people who claim it’s rigged without proof.

3 Likes

no, there’s definitely a crowed of people that will tell you the game isn’t rigged and that anyone who believes so is silly… as i quoted a few replies ago.

1 Like

Sure. Because despite the hundreds, if not thousands of posts about rigging, no one has provided proof. So it’s pretty easy to say the game isn’t rigged and the people who say so are silly.

It’s a pile of people saying tissue paper contains nanobots and that we’re working with big Kleenex to suppress freedom.

its easy to say anything. prove it, fool.

1 Like

What’s up with people and not knowing How the burden of proof works? Why is It so ubiquitous in those forums?

It does not matter If the example is possible or even reasonable. The point is that the burden is on the person making the active claim.

Seriously: If you’re gonna argue against the burden of proof, you better have an incredible argument to upheave the whole way we structure discussion as a society.

1 Like