Tired of all the jerks in this game

really? You say well played right before you kill me? Your being a jerk end of story if you really meant well played you would of said it sometime in the middle or at the beginning of the match not at the very end.

nothing but a bunch of sore winners hope you all get your decks stolen

1 Like

Take 10 minutes to clam down before posting on the forums.

Also, you can click their hero to squelch them.

1 Like

Yes. I am thanking you for a game and saying you played well. Even if I don’t know you played well… hey, maybe you played the best anyone could with the cards you drew.

I also say “well played” before I concede, more often than not.

4 Likes

It’s just this game’s version of GG there’s usually no malice behind it. With that said it’s probably best to wait until the losing player says it first.

1 Like

[quote=“Maybe1day-1571, post:1, topic:5019, full:true”]
really? You say well played right before you kill me? Your being a jerk end of story if you really meant well played you would of said it sometime in the middle or at the beginning of the match not at the very end. [/quote]

When I sit down with a friend in real life to play a game, and we have a tense game that can go both ways, swings a few times, and eventually ends with one of us winning (or even in a draw, depending on what game), then I stand up, shake their hand, and say “well played”. Regardless of whether I won or lost.

When I sit down with a friend in real life to play a game, and RNG causes one of us to have a far better position than the other, the other struggles to get back into the game but never manages and eventually loses or concedes, I stand up, shake their hand, and say “well played”. Regardless of whether I won or lost.

When I sit down with a friend in real life to play a game, and they make some mis-plays, either because they are new to the game, or because they are not concentrated enough, but they do try, then at the end of the game I stand up, shake their hand, and say “well played”. Regardless of whether I won or lost.

When I sit down with a friend in real life to play a game, and they play like an absolute moron, making one mis-play after another, and it looks like they are not even trying to improve, then at the end of the game I stand up, shake their hand, and say “thanks for the game”. That is the only case where I cannot say “well played” because it would be dishonest. But I still respect them so I say “thanks for the game”.

In Hearthstone, standing up, shaking hands, and “thanks for the game” are not available. But “well played” is, and I emote that at the end of every game, except when I feel like my opponent really messed up completely. I also start every game with a “greetings” emote. During the game I hardly emote at all - except for a “wow” is something extreme lucky, unlucky, or unusual and weird happens, and except for a “well played” after a very specifically smart move from my opponent.

I am sorry if my courtesy offends you. But I will not change. I have been raised to show courtesy and respect to the people I interact with and I’ll continue to do so.

Hmmm. Good you are not a sore loser than.
I hope you’ll open lots of fantastic cards, nice RNG in your games, and if we ever queue into each other I hope for a long drawn match, swinging both ways, and eventually ending in a well-deserved win for one of us. I’ll emote you “well played” at the end, and I’ll mean every word of it.

4 Likes

@Big

i never say well played to people even in a real life setting as I refuse to rub my win in their face. You call it what you will but in today’s world of sports noone shakes hands or says good game after the game (cept football)

This is an old time tradition that needs to be destroyed because all it was ever meant to do was rub the win in the face of your opponents.

The few times I have been in person playing a game and they say well played and hold out their hand I have simply look at them and walk away.

If you would do that to me, it would be the last time we played a game together. I can take a lot of things, but ignoring a held out hand and walking away without even acknowledging my gesture of sportmanship is a slap in the face I would not forget.

No, it was not. I don’t see “well played” about my game. I say it about theirs.
It’s called being civil and polite.

You’re wrong.
Watch League of Legends professional games. At the end, the winning team members shake the hand of the losing team members before going to the audience to take their applause.
Watch tennis. When the game is over, the players approach the net, shake hands, shade the umpires’ hand, and then the winner gets to wave to the audience to receive their applause as the loser leaves the court.
Watch Hearthstone tournaments. At the end, the players shake hands, the loser congratulates the winner, and the winner says some nice words to the loser.

Watch … well, any sport. I have never seen a sport where the competitors do NOT shake hands and exchange friendly words after the match.

Acknowledging that your opponent fought well is just the decent thing to do.

3 Likes

Watch roller derby, the two teams go out drinking together with the fans after the bout.

1 Like

You sound like you’re great at parties, and frankly exactly the sort of person we don’t want at our local game store.

And to add to the list of sports in which we DO say good game or shake the opponent’s hand afterward, I’ve been playing volleyball for ten years. We both greet the entire team before the match and say good game or well played to the ENTIRE TEAM AND COACHES, as well as thank the refs, afterwards. Even if we just lost and we’re feeling salty about it.

Because, you know, we’re decent people.

2 Likes

baseball and basketball and you all fing lie also i could care less if i upset you or slapped you in the face your not the type of person i would want to associate with.

What can I say to that, except… Well played!

1 Like

If you don’t care, why should we?

2 Likes

Now I make sure to say well played when I win.

1 Like

Please, please come play something with me at my local game store and try to slap me in the face when I say good game.

That’s a great way to get yourself:

• injured when I defend myself
  • banned from the shop for life
  • potentially arrested if the store decides to press charges for assault
1 Like

Trust me I wont be the one injured I can say with 100% certainty that it would be you and you alone that gets injured.

Don’t care if I get baned

Cops lol nothing but a bunch of cowards.

I advice the both of you to tone it down. This is on the verge of real-life threats, which are not allowed in the Blizzard forums.

2 Likes

ROFLMAO that is a typical response to try and make yourself look better then the person you are fighting against on any forum. Trust me you are NOT a martial artist of any kind. I know this because they would never brag about having the training because they have no need to prove themselves to anyone. I know this because I have 4 family members who are all 4th degree black belts and above in more then 1 field.

I am sorry but when you start to go down this road you have already lost.

I don’t want to fight the idiot.

But you are correct, that’s generally not something one mentions, nor should one typically mention it. I certainly should not have here.

Out of curiosity, what styles have they done? I started with Taekwondo as a sport and moved on to actual self defense when I graduated high school and have recently had more serious jiu jitsu training recommended to me by a guy practicing karate at a laundromat. I’m always curious about what other people do for the sake of potentially trying it myself if I haven’t yet

I can agree with this, I went too far on that one. My apologies.

1 Like

I kind of get it. There’s not a lot of time to say Well Played after the bomb goes off at the end of the game, and they want you to know they enjoyed the game. Me personally? I try not to even use the taunts/emotes at all. If you welcome me, I’ll welcome you, out of respect, because sometimes people will like say it over and over again if you don’t say it back… and then like they even say thank you after you say it back so it’s like man… lol… but I do squelch people in ladder after I greet them in return.

Heh, greetings! after every single subpar play they make is a little annoying lol… It’s like bro we get it, you had destroyer at 10 lol… you and 75,000 other Warriors on ladder lol…