Tickatus balance suggestion

Hello. Anyone that played ranked ladder on this expansion already saw that there is no way to play control against Warlock. They will simple remove 10 cards from your deck making you lose key cards on the process.

Everyone here remember that HS had a philosophy of not disrupting enemy players Hand and Deck, because people wants to play their cards and feels bad when the enemy negate their play with no way to play around.

HS used a solution like Dirty Rat and Unssen Saboteur, where enemy minions and spells are still played, just in a way that could be unfavorable to the enemy.

So come Tickatus and throw all of this from the window. It simple delete enemy cards and that’s it. A very intrusive and anti-fun design.

I made a rework to Tickatus to keep his intended power: disrupt the enemy deck, but NOT by deleting cards, but adding Trash cards to destroy deck consistency and disrupt card draw.

Also, I build it based on his theme of “Ticket” to keep flavor.

New Tickatus

https://i.imgur.com/iawyGAO.png

Darkmoon Ticket (Balanced version)

https://i.imgur.com/WZnL7eV.png

Darkmoon Ticket (Oppressive version)

https://i.imgur.com/zmkGnPt.png

EDIT: changed the design based on feedback.

1 Like

I havent seen a single warlock since launch day. Where are all these Warlocks?

Its all DH and Shaman.

16/16 Edwin on turn 3 usually does the trick vs any deck, so just do that.

4 Likes

This really isn’t an issue.

The card is designed to punish slow control decks. Which it does.

Against aggro it’s useless. You’ll be dead by turn 7 against most meta decks currently.

3 Likes

Ironically the moment you switch to a control deck made to win against the DH (like a priest), the Warlocks start to pop.

And it’s a instant lose for you when it does.

5 Likes

I think I’ve bamboozled the system by putting Yogg in my Miracle Rogue, it doesnt know what my nemesis deck is. The only real thorn in my side rn is Evolve Shaman’s making stupid boards on turn 5/6.

It does not ‘punish’ control decks, it simple win the game. There is no way to play around a Warlock Tickatus with a control deck.

I wanted to counter the current aggro meta but it seems there is no way.

1 Like

It’s strong. It’s not instant lose.

The card is doing what it’s supposed to. Punishing slow pace control decks.

It’s also not that easy to play it twice in a game. You need to have it in hand, then play a 7+ mana card, then draw ysaraaj, then have enough hand space to play

Also for many of those turns you leave yourself vulnerable. I.e just playing a 8/8 with no board impact.

Can you track your opponents and then switch Yogg to a normal meta card and see if your opponents get biased in a different way?

Can you post the decklist so I try to see if it’s consistent.

Felosophy also does the trick. Theoretically you could play it 6 times in a gane.

1 Like

Tickatus warlock isn’t even good, not even against control. Just today played against one with control warrior where he played Tickatus 3 times, and he still lost.

2 Likes

How? Can you post the replay of the match so we can see how he still lost?

Tickatus can be really good at lower ranks where people don’t know how to fight against control decks or play them themselves. I all but guarantee we won’t be seeing him brought to major tournaments.

I presume you need some sort of addon for the replays, but in short, he lost to Rattlegore mainly.

1 Like

your balance suggestion actually make you want to play it uncorrupted versus control, to win the value/fatigue game.

No way I am giving my opponent 5 10 mana cards, just so he will be more unlikely to draw a card he needs.

When they announced ticketus, they said that its purpose was “to get in pair with your opponent’s deck size, so you won’t reach fatigue first”; so your idea does the opposite of it.

You either make it stronger versus control or stronger versus weaker; your suggestion makes it weaker in every scenario (unless you are against an highlander deck, but albatross does the job better).

That’s my point of view

This ^^^

If you’re afraid that Tickatus will burn ETC, get Rattlegore down (like, hold him in the mulligan) and make copies of him and watch your Warlock opponent struggle fruitlessly to survivie.

2 Likes

You can change the card to “Transform 5 cards into your deck into Darkmoon Tickets. Corrupt: Your opponent’s decks instead.”

And the Darkmoon Ticket is a 10 mana that returns the transformed card to your hand.

Better this way for you?

The better way is the way were people actually understand when they are wrong and why.

What you want is basically:

Change the entire freaking card because it triggers me.

It can and probably gonna be changed at some point just because it’s a little to much milling for one card.

But if someone has the vague idea that they gonna get rid of the milling effect then they can wait sit on a chair because they gonna wait forever.

1 Like

It is not to change the entire card, it is just to done down the effect. It’s like if Dirty Rat effect was “discard an enemy minion from their hand” and suggesting to tone down to Summon a minion instead.

Here, I fixed the card to make it work exactly as it is now, but instead of destroying the card, it make the card unusable until the player use their entire turn to get the card back.

If you still don’t think it does not work more or less the same, we can add a “and draw a card” so the player affected by it does not lose a draw because of the effect.

https: //i .imgur.com/iawyGAO.png

https: //i .imgur.com/zmkGnPt.png

Control warlock is not a good deck. It loses to all the meta decks.

No point changing a card that is not a problem arbitrarily.

BS. Every control deck in the game still stomps Warlock; including combo ones like ETC Warrior