Tickatus balance suggestion

It still doesn’t help you to win the fatigue game, but this looks even better than the current ticketus to me.

If I play an early ticketus now, I get nothing; by playing this version I can basically screw my opponents drawing in the midgame.
I think that version is more oppressive than the current one, because if you are a control deck you can’t really play a “10 mana do nothing” just to get back, for example, one of your cthun pieces.

1 Like

He complained about Tickatus and literally buffed it to almost playable levels.

who care about tickatus? Warlock is far from being broken in this meta, unlike shaman and DH .

1 Like

When you put a card to recover it at a big cost you literally putting dead draws in your opponents deck.

So now you not only make some pieces of the deck go out but also make more to reach the part of the deck that still usable by putting dead draws on it.

Like I said:

Stop trying to thinker the card just because the fact that people can’t recover burned cards triggers they.

You’re not “fixing” anything because just for start it isn’t broke to need any fix.

A important part of learn game design is to “ascend” over those feelings so you not damage your own game environment by doing unnecessary changes.

Some stress causing card effects are necessary to keep things interesting for everyone by giving that adrenaline when playing any game.

The major proof of what I saying is true is that mario kart is literally considered both the most successful nintendo switch game and the most stressful game of the world.

Whether it’s good in the meta or not, this card should have never been printed. People generally HATE cards like this. It’s why every mill card has disappeared from standard over the years. I said before release that it was a really stupid idea that was going to do nothing but piss people off and sure enough, I see complaints about it every day even though it sees little play.

Let’s see what happens if nerfs bring aggro under control and the meta slows down. Every other thread on here will be tickatus related.

1 Like

We can add a “draw a card” into the Ticket so it draw the player further into fatigue, virtually ‘reducing’ his deck by 5 draws if they want his card back.

And/Or reduce the Ticket mana cost to whatever you think it’s balanced.

1 Like

its superfun to play mill though. Feels like a real win condition. Not overly broken, just another way to go to fatigue. Would take tickatus warlock every time instead of the old dead man hand warrior or Odd warrior that were unsufferable, slow, boring, uninteractive and predictable deck. you litterally could predict every single turn of warrior and still lose to it because of how stupidly broken his defense was. At least Tickatus warlock is weak to aggro and midrange.

Why are you being so rude…? No need to lack education man, we are just having a conversation here.

And I understand your point, however, you have to remember that HS send to the shadow realm every Mill card it had, including the dreaded murloc, because of how bad fells a mill deck is.

Let’s remember the devs commentary for putting Coldlight Oracle into Hall of Fame:

" Coldlight Oracle is becoming exclusive to Wild for several reasons. It offers unusually strong neutral card draw which can be detrimental to class identity. Its “downside” can destroy opponent’s cards and prevent opponents from playing the deck they built—which in turn limits some designs related to Battlecry and effects that return a minion to hand. Taken individually, any one of these reasons might have been enough to prompt a promotion to the Hall of Fame, but when viewed as a whole, we feel that it’s time for Coldlight Oracle to leave Standard play."

Dev points:

• “destroy opponent’s cards and prevent opponents from playing the deck they built”
  • “any one of these reasons might have been enough to prompt a promotion to the Hall of Fame”

This two combined could actually make it more fair (I don’t know what mana cost should be added to them; probably 3, because 2 is too low and 4 is too much?).

I’m not sure if it’s fair to remove the “combo mill potential” from it, but with these changes your idea could actually be taken in consideration.

1 Like

Yeah, the values are the less important part, because with playtesting we can know what value feels balanced.

I will create a “draw” a card version costing 5 mana (the standard mana cost for everything on HS), but the mana cost could be whatever the devs think are balanced.

And you know what?

1. Many times everyone already called out what devs said in those articles literal lies about their real intents in many occasions including hall of fame moves.

If you really want to get to the point were you want to design anything with quality I suggest hear those people and reach to your own conclusions instead just take blizzard word on it.

But hear what they have to say for real and with an open mind instead of try to defend what you set for yourself at any cost.

1. HoF conditions only apply to cards that not rotate from standard in a natural way.

Why?

Rotation exist to make the game feel different each year.
You can’t do that if your rules on what can be on standard or not are rock solid and so they decided that for next 2 years tickatus gonna be a legal card.

It’s not rocket science.

Design rules aren’t sacred and every year part of it gonna be destroyed (by new cards printed) while part of they gonna be restored (by older cards that broke some rules rotating from standard) this interaction is what create a new environment each year .

So far i have a 2 win out of 3 against tickatus warlock with a generic meme control priest didnt even need to use my Archivist its a slow deck and it does nothing but removes i personaly find ir pretty boring like palying control warrior, its just a slog for making a meme work currenlty.

I can see the reason ppl hating it its sure unfun as hell to face it AND we know ppl got cards nerfed before just because they were annoyed by it and not by statics of the card.

I can only talk for myself tho and i met 3 counting itXD and its realy slow doesnt run much other than removals so it can survive till they dig deep enough.

Can you provide the replay of your 2 wins to see what deck you were using and the deck of the warlock?

1 Like

MEh even if i could wich i dont i am way too lazy i posted like a day ago about beating one with its own tickatus other than that no nothing will be provided use ur imagination im sure u will manage:)

I love posts that complain about a card that isn’t competitive is doesn’t see much play. It’s obvious the lost once or twice to it and therefore it MUST be nerfed. Warlocks are currently the victim DH war crimes - quick let’s nerf a warlock card that in a tier 3 deck, that will solve everything.

The point is not to nerf Tickatus, the point is making it doing the same thing but in a different way, where he does not burn your opponent cards. In fact, you can see people complaning here that the Oppressive version of the card was stronger than the current version.

The current design means you instantly lose when your key cards get burned, you can’t even pray for RNG anymore when this happens.

Fortunately this card is not common in standard. The card ruins the game experience too many times.

1 Like

They nerfed tortollan mage and that deck didnt have a good winrate also.

The winrate has nothing to do with if something should be nerfed or not and history shows that.

2 Likes

I have yet to encounter this deck. Should i be worried?