This warlock need nerf The Azerite Snake

Who thought this card was a good idea when taking health way instead life steals this most broken card ever seen in Hearthstone in history. blizzard needs to get head-on straight with the card design.

It had its time, but it has already been nerfed.

Both by reducing the amount it steals, and by bug fixing the Alexstrasza interaction.

2 Likes

I really wish they would actually revert the nerf to 8 or 9 to make it viable again.

Excavate warlock was a fun deck.

2 Likes

Even though I haven’t played it, I share this idea of fun.

If the card wasn’t completely broken at release, it would make for an interesting combo enabler to end control v control matchups.
Of course, Blizzard just had to go and nerf aka remove it from the game so that nobody could enjoy it in the future except exploiting it with a bug. smh

A buff would be nice.

2 Likes

No card should be made so have health removed with no recovery of it back to full 30 . I’m sorry that broken like steal would been a better choice than done in the past but permanently removing a total health how not broken is beyond me.

This is the problem with Hearthstone just because someone thinks fun does not mean other people it happens to give a bad look at the game special new players. I find frustration because now way counter trash happens to me and it makes this no fun to play against.

2 Likes

Just looked it up. Pretty cool card. Sort of the opposite of that life leech spell I’m constantly using on whimpy things to get my health up

4 cost seems cheap it’s 5 if I use an Artha’s to get the leech

1 Like

Then no card should be made to take health above thirty… blood dk… renathal… etc.

You don’t like this because you want to play fatigue control and this deck puts you on a clock.

Excavate lock was really fun to crap on warriors with.

Oh, you have 100 armor? I’m just going to hollow you out of that suit and kill you.

It’s four so you can play it twice in a turn and copy it with temp copy or bounce with brewmasters.

They nerfed it from ten (which was too much, I agree) to 7 (not enough).

I’d like to see it go to 8 so you don’t have to play it five times to win with it.

They also nerfed several of the supporting cards that made it so resistant on release.

1 Like

Are you talking about a whole different card renathal up health total this card drains like a vampire with no counter lower health permanent set amount ever play. So how is this same when you could only add renathal to raise health not like play it keep raising your health.

Vampiric blood and the primus can raise your health in DK, priest can play a location to clone it so they just steal it back, and if you take control of it(Yogg is neutral) you can bounce it to your hand and replay it for its battlecry. I’m most likely missing more options.

Also wild has Renathal so if it is happening in wild you can start the game at 40 meaning they need 6 total snakes to kill you.

Every class can play Dirty rat to put it in play so you can remove it so it doesn’t steal more health. Plenty of counter play. 7 is not OP 8 puts it back on the Radar for potential deck, 10 was too much

1 Like

It was already nerfed. Fine as is.

Dear lawd I hate this attitude so much. “No card should ever do anything outside the box, everything needs to stay inside the box as I define it.” Y’all are the unwitting enemies of fun. Fun new cards go outside the box basically by definition.

1 Like

sorry to say this, but isn’t excavate warlock T2 on the tier list right now?

Lol no. Depending on rank it’s in the low Tier 3, high Tier 4 sorta range.

I think it would go to Tier 2 if they buffed Snake from 7 to 8, and people would probably start complaining about it in earnest at that point. That said, I support such a buff.

2 Likes

Isn’t 7 also the current mana cost? What a confusing post lol

Azerite Snake is the 4th excavate(legendary) reward for warlock so it costs 4mana

The mana cost is four, but it takes away seven health.

On release it was four cost and removed ten.

Ten was too much, seven is not enough.

Funny that they didn’t just put “once per game” on it without nerfing how much it steals to stop people abusing it.

Hold up - how was it being “abused” in your mind?

People bouncing it to win the game, which was the intention of the design, is abuse to you?

I’m not following.

The key nerfs were due to it being bounced, which was a sentiment outlier.

If the issue was it being bounced, it would have been nerfed differently.

The difference was once the snek was in your hand your opponent basically had two or fewer turns to live and it couldn’t be stopped. This created justified negative sentiment. I loved playing the deck and fully agreed it must be nerfed as a power outlier.

They made it so you had to bounce it more times, slowing down the deck and giving opponents much more latitude to kill the warlocks before their life points were sucked out of them.

The nerf wasn’t about bouncing, it was about the power of the snek being too strong.

If they thought bouncing the snek was abuse, they would have made it once a game. You’re supposed to bounce the snek, that’s the win con of the deck.