This meta is the most fun ive had in years

I for one can truely say i am enjoying myself it seems like everyone on ladder is experimenting and i like it ive seen alot of different decks.

I mean you have people playing tendrill decks any kind of highlander decks blood deaths knights making a comeback ive seen dragon priests highlander rogues draw mech rogues etc the meta is always changing i cant say the last time that has happend.

I think there is more diversity in this meta then people gives the devs credit for sure there are always outliers but those are being addressed in the balance patch.

I am busying experimentijng with SHUDDERBLOCK and KALIMOS :smiley: i even have fiz in my deck i wil share list later.

4 Likes

it is good to see that somebody is able to enjoy this trash of a meta.

11 Likes

No positivity here, only anger!!!

3 Likes

fun police is here. watch out all :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think this is key to you positive outlook on the meta. I agree that this set has printed some very fun cards we haven’t seen before and that requires experimenting. Shudderblock, wheel of death, Sonya, owlonious these are just some of the fun new unique effects, and if you like experimenting like I do, and apparently you, then your fine losing rank and still having fun.

If, however, you want to get more competitive and play what has a decent win rate, god help you. Every post I’ve read on these forums describing how awful this meta is has at least some if not a lot of truth to it. That’s actually rare, usually people just complain about certain effects that they find oppressive, and usually that’s because they don’t realize how to play around them.

In this meta, there’s nothing to play around, nearly all competitive decks push hot garbage play styles.

1 Like

My winrate is about 49 percent it has dropped from 51 lol but yeh i think its possible to have fun and win :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this meta actually.

Would only say that handbuff paladin feels like a PVE deck but other than that i’m kinda okay with it.

And i’m saying this as someone who play mage.

It could have less Burst from hand?
Sure.

But it isn’t like there is 0 ways to deal with it unless you’re someone who wanna play reactively against everything and therefore worse than the meta to play against.

1 Like

This is how I feel, as well.

However, I’m already grieving for the damage the nerf hammer will do to my favorite deck.

I feel like this meta has a larger number of fun decks than the previous meta. I don’t know if I’d say that the decks themselves are more fun, but options are good.

1 Like

I’d say this meta has larger amount of decks that are fun. But most of them aren’t good enough to play. I am hoping the nerfs may improve that situation, but some things sure need buffs.

1 Like

I’m playing Highlander Dragon Priest and having a blast with it. It should be only 49% win rate, but I’m clearly above that. Especially the time walk dude is great.

1 Like

Sorry party pooper here this meta is the worst thing ever happened to this almost brainless game…
10years and they celebrating it with shiat new cards… and for some classes yes its very fun for some other classes we have to wait until blizzard clean this mess full of terracotta pies !
Enjoy :wink:

Just feels like more solitaire to me. God knows I love winning every single turn just to lose the game because my opponent played one card

I will say the decks for this rotation have been more fun to play than the last. But it is tough to see everything you have done get lost in one turn. This meta is really about one big play to end the game that you spend the entire game building up to.

That’s…that’s not how it works. Board state and health total is not a scorecard.

Solitaire? Its a turn based game, people really need to adjust their expectations of what interaction means in that context.

1 Like

You dont have to worry i think paladin wil stil be solid after nerfs the idea behind nerfs is not to kil decks or cards but just tone them down abit :slight_smile:

1 Like

This expansion reminds me of the last one; incredibly neat and fun cards to build around and tinker with (i love the miniaturiaze), but with a meta that feels a bit soul crushing to try and engage with. I genuinely think if they just took the kid gloves off with nerfs (and buffs) itd go a long way but i dont think thatll happen. Just go a bit harder and target not just the current meta tyrants but also the upcoming ones and see what happens. Can always revert if needed, its digital after all.

You’re right. Sometimes my opponent can play a two-card combo and win the game. Didn’t matter what I did. Wouldn’t have mattered what anyone did. They played two cards, filled the board, ended their turn. My turn was meaningless after that. Literally nothing I can do about any of it. What am I doing here? Why do I bother?

I guess it’s my fault for expecting this to be some type of strategy game and it just isn’t. It’s never going to be under the current leadership. I just need to find something else to do

1 Like

I felt exactly like this a couple of years ago, took a long break, and now I can enjoy the game for what it is. What kind of games do you like?

1 Like

I just had a flashback of the scene in Scott Pilgrim where she asks him what he plays and he starts rattling off a bunch of games

My hands don’t work very well anymore thanks to MS so I’m enjoying a lot of turn based strategy games where thinking about what you want to do is more important than doing it quickly

Baldur’s Gate 3 and Midnight Suns were both fun