This Marin the Manager Quest is rediculous

For the reward you’re offering, it takes FAR too long to complete. After trying to do it for about 1.5 hrs, i have only 1 of 15.

Who actually thought this quest was fine?

1 Like

why wouldnt be?

marin is a free legendary

its spells are easy to play and well the quest is extremelly easy and fast to complete

Try to play a deck that either goes long by default or it ramps mana. The smartest choice right now between Standard decks is to play either ramp druid or ramp warrior. Those decks have an average game time of 10min but they get a lot of mana.

if you don’t want to play Marin in your daily decks you can make a quest specifc deck with a lot of ramp in druid and tutoring, only takes a few casual games to complete it in like 20 minutes

2 Likes

“if you don’t want to play Marin in your daily decks you can make a quest specifc deck with a lot of ramp in druid and tutoring, only takes a few casual games to complete it in like 20 minutes”

Incorrect. I’m a casual gamer who barely manages to get Silver 5 each month, it took me 4 hours because I keep getting matched up to Gold/Platinum/Diamond decks at Bronze 8. And of those 4 hours, I lost almost 50 times.

If you play very little but you don’t lose much, you get matched with players from higher ranks.

Rank is completely ignored at match making (it goes by MMR which is roughly the win rate).

“If you play very little but you don’t lose much, you get matched with players from higher ranks.”

Then what’s the purpose of having “ranks” when they’re going to throw low-ranked people into the slaughterhouse to get abused by pros?

EDITED: If I’m losing 50 times in 4 hours, I shouldn’t be matched up against anyone who can win over 50% of the time, which should have given me a chance. Or even thrown me against an actual Blizzard bot, and given me more of a chance. I got neither.

Mainly psychological manipulation to make people feel better. If you get matched with higher ranks it means you’re better than them simple as.

One could make the argument that “working more” deserves more but that doesn’t make it even (they should at least SHOW the MMR).

Something you may not understand is that this is supposed to be a weekly quest, not a daily one. You’re not expected to blaze through it in an hour by normal casual gameplay. It’s designed so you can complete at a reasonnable rate without having the fear of missing a daily quest because you can’t complete the first one in time, as it have been in previous events, especially those relying on non free legendaries.

First, I’m talking about CASUAL mode, not ranked, so your rank really doesn’t matter
I don’t know how you know the rank of every of your opponents but I assume you say that because of their collection, so I assume you are saying thta because you think can’t build the type of deck i’m describing.

AAEBAaa4AwKd1AS6wQYO/gGcArQCxAbkCJygBKGgBJzUBM6cBs2eBu+pBtmxBsO6BtXzBgAA

This deck uses 24 free cards that are from either the core set, the legacy set or the new expansion. The 6 others are commons from the latest expansions that you should most likely already own if you haven’t started the game like this expansion.
This deck’s goal is not to win but just to play Marin so replace any free card that doesn’t optimize that goal with those you have that could fit the deck.

Note that you should also be able to complete the quest by playing with a friend since this quest isn’t rectrictited to a specific mode.

1 Like

Unfortunately, if you are losing that many games and your ratio really is that bad, the matchmaking HAS to match you against players who are, to some degree, better than you. Assuming you are at the bottom rung of players (50 times in 4 hours sounds like you are having almost losses exclusively, probably most from conceding), then there is a scarcity of players that the matchmaking system can put you against that are in your skill bracket.

Rank is not proof they are better players. If you stay at Diamond 5 losing all day without trying to lose then you might just be playing badly.

That may give an MMR to match with a Bronze that plays better; they may have better win rate; it depends a lot on how much time you play.

unless you provide proof your argument is invalid.

I thought it was ok, it took my 5 games.

I have an automanton priest deck in wild that is designed to get as many automatons as possible(I can get 10/11s on like turn 8), so I just slapped marin in their and I had a funky game where I played like 7 treasures in one go.

that wouldve been nice to know before

2 Likes

Play a friend, set up a deck that allows you to draw cards and/or cheat Marin into your hand. That’s what I did, I completed 13/15 of the quest requirements in less time than it took to complete the first 2/15.

NOTE: The previous 75 pirates quest requires play in ranked mode, but Marin’s quest does not.
(2) Do not overfill your deck with draw cards, as you can fill your hand with cards you can’t really play.
(3) Zola the Gorgon was useful for duplicating Marin.
(4) I used rogue. The 0 cost “return a minion to your hand” was very useful. Cleric may work as well, as that class has a few “discover a minion from your deck” or “discover a spell from your deck.”

Proof of what? That the quest is extremelly easy and fast to complete? I agree with that statement, I did it in like 5 games under one hour of gameplay. I don´t know, but the quest is supposed to be weekly, meaning you have one whole week to complete it. If I am able to do it in one hour (and I´m not alone in that) then I would consider the quest fairly easy…

my favourite class to do it was warrior

i can tutor marin with "all you can eat " and after playing it i can tutor golden kobold with “quality assurance”