This is my deck. How should I improve it?

Dream Deck

Class: Priest

Format: Wild

1x (0) Silence

2x (2) Resurrect

2x (2) Shadow Visions

2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain

1x (2) Spirit Lash

2x (3) Shadow Word: Death

1x (4) Archmage Vargoth

2x (4) Eternal Servitude

2x (4) Greater Healing Potion

1x (5) Excavated Evil

2x (5) Mass Hysteria

1x (6) Lightbomb

2x (6) Shadow Essence

2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone

2x (7) Psychic Scream

1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord

1x (8) The Lich King

2x (9) Obsidian Statue

1x (10) Y’Shaarj, Rage Unbound

This looks like a fairly standard Big Priest deck to me (albeit a Barnes-less one, which isn’t all that unusual).

So I should add barnes?
(Im still fairly new to this game, i started around when Witchwood was released)

You probably don’t need to. Back when Barnes was 4 mana, you could keep it in the mulligan and hope for a turn 4 Barnes->Y’Shaarj highroll. But the last nerf patch upped Barnes cost to 5 mana, which means your opponent has an extra turn to find an answer.

If you are looking to move things around, maybe try adding Psychopomps? All your minions are pretty big, and a Rag, Obsidian, or Y’Shaarj with Reborn sounds pretty nasty to me.

Thanks a lot! Im going to add Psychopomps and take out silence

How to improve it? Eh… Play something less annoying.

Seriously though, if you want to talk Big Priest. I personally enjoy Convincing Infiltrator, and Obsidian Statue for a constant pseudo clear effect. It, kinda works. I don’t care enough about Ladder to really test it.

Also, be careful how you mulligan against aggro. I’ve got a few decks that would love to race that one and run it right the frick over. Forbidden Words is a somewhat useful swap for shadow word pain, or run em both! The nice thing about Forbidden words is the added flexibility it gives you for removal.

Generally, Big Priests run 8-10 minions so you probably want to cap off your minions at about 10. Oh, and if you want to really go deep on flavor and meme out, try rezzing “The Ancient One” so you res 30/30 creatures.

Another interesting variation is using deathrattle with awaken the makers so you have another bit taunt minion to res.

I’m going to stop giving you ideas now because I am seriously going to play nothing but freaking face decks if that bs takes off again dominating wild ladder though, ugh.

Thanks for your suggestions!
The only thing I would have to argue is that Big Priests aren’t that annoying
But its ok if you think different

With all due respect. Oh newer player… You have no idea how bad it used to be lol Hey gimme a minute and I’ll post the list i made after reading this thread

Nerfless Cloning Device!

2x (0) Forbidden Words

1x (1) Awaken the Makers

2x (1) Cloning Device

1x (2) Explosive Sheep

2x (2) Resurrect

2x (2) Shadow Visions

1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain

2x (2) Spirit Lash

1x (3) Twilight’s Call

1x (4) Archmage Vargoth

1x (4) Eternal Servitude

2x (4) Greater Healing Potion

2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator

1x (5) Feugen

1x (5) Stalagg

2x (6) Shadow Essence

1x (8) Catrina Muerte

2x (9) Mass Resurrection

2x (9) Obsidian Statue

1x (10) N’Zoth, the Corruptor

AAEBAaCsAwrXCoQOhQ78D+CsApbEAuXMAqniAtaZA5ObAwr6Ebe7AtHBAubMArTOAvDPAvf8AoKUA5ibA5mbAwA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Experimental Jank, but basically, your things die but theirs dies more. your deathrattle minions help clear the board, and through meugen and feugen, create 11/11 thaddius’s for you to summon. Summoning also brings you closer to Amara, so you can drop an 8/8 taunt and heal to 40. N’zoth is essentially a slow boardwipe for the end game since infiltrator and statue coming back kill their things, brings back meugen, feugen meaning the second wave of 11/11’s are coming around now.

Here’s where it gets dirty though. The idea I am experimenting with, is cloning device. cloning device is basically barnesx2. it gets your engine going, and once your engine is going, your deathrattles become very viable and scary, and refuel themselves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Annoying deck is always sadly fun to the user. Turn 4 Barnes is Wow for the BP players and tilting for the opponent. Rarely I seen a fun deck that is fun on both side and still competitive. I love OTK decks but I know they are really annoying to play against too.

That say I think without Barnes to dilute your revive pool is good. 2 shadow word pain is definitely too many. I not sure if teching in a chief inspector will be good as it also dilute the res pool but BP is vulnerable to secret mage currently.

I know some of you guys said chief inspector and Psychopomps but the problem is those are battlecry minions. What about Kelthuazrd?
Also I was thinking about adding the spell Entomb? What do you think?

How to improve? Stop playing Big Priest, that’s my suggestion.

(idk looks fine)

N’zoth’s Argonauts.

2x (0) Forbidden Words

1x (1) Awaken the Makers

2x (2) Explosive Sheep

2x (2) Penance

1x (2) Resurrect

2x (2) Shadow Visions

2x (2) Unstable Ghoul

2x (3) Twilight’s Call

1x (4) Greater Healing Potion

1x (5) Feugen

2x (5) Mass Hysteria

1x (5) Stalagg

2x (6) Shadow Essence

1x (8) Catrina Muerte

2x (9) Mass Resurrection

2x (9) Obsidian Statue

AAEBAaCsAwj2AoQOhQ76EeCsAre7ApbEApObAwuQDvwP0cEC5swCtM4CqeICl4cDgpQDmJsDmZsDmakDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The name comes from the fact I have two Golden Explosive Sheep. They are the Golden Fleece, lol. Anyways, having early clear that can be revived, to continually clear the board is fantastic against aggro/go wide strategies. The idea is constant clears, their stuff keeps dying, yours does too, but yours comes back, and if you get Stalagg and Feugen off before you play N’zoth, N’zoth refuels your board, while the revived Stalagg and Feugen make more Thaddius. Quite nice.

Splashy hard to deal with board state is basically the back up win con, overwhelm them and abuse deathrattle effects. Death by Thaddius is a rather delicious meme too though.

Getting the Res Spell balance just right was tricky, but I think I’ve just about ot it. The deck is currently kicking around rank 15.

1 Like

Seems really good, but you could probably add Cairne Bloodhoof and Sylvanas.

I don’t have Cairne, and I would rather have the destroy a random enemy minion effect focused on, I have Sylvans, but Sylvanas can also steal stuff that dilutes the res pool. I’ve had to make some adjustments to stop losing so much, so this is what I’ve been running now

N’zoth’s Argonauts.

2x (0) Forbidden Words

1x (1) Awaken the Makers

2x (1) Cloning Device

2x (2) Dead Ringer

2x (2) Explosive Sheep

2x (2) Penance

2x (2) Shadow Visions

2x (5) Excavated Evil

1x (5) Feugen

2x (5) Mass Hysteria

1x (5) Stalagg

2x (6) Shadow Essence

2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone

1x (8) Catrina Muerte

2x (9) Mass Resurrection

AAEBAaCsAwb2AoQOhQ7grAKWxAKTmwMM/A+3F9HBArTOAuPpAvf8AqH+ApeHA4KUA5ibA5mbA5mpAwA=

1 Like

I don’t think you need rag in this deck
also in my deck do you think i should add kelthuzard/catrina muerte (whichever one you think) and entomb? cause I think these cards would work really well in my deck but i don’t want to craft them without asking as I don’t have that much extra dust and wouldn’t want it to be a waste

Ke’lthuzad is fun, but honestly if you want him, just spend the 20 bucks on the adventure. Then you get Kel’thuzad and a buncha other legends and cards as well.

Catrina Muerte most definitely pulls her weight. I would highly reccomend her. It is beautiful using two eternal servitude to bring back Catrina twice, hit the end turn button, and now you’ve got four minions on your board already.

Yeah I guess you’re right. I really wanted to craft keluthzard just cause I like him as a character but I would get more value out of catrina