This game is garbage

I’ve been playing this game almost since its creation, with long breaks, sometimes lasting more than a year, and each time abandoning it after a few months or weeks because of major problems that I hoped would eventually be solved, counting on the experience of Blizzard, a reference company in the video game world.

However, not only have these problems never been solved, they’ve only gotten worse. I really don’t understand why the developers are so deaf to players’ demands. How can the game be left in such a state? The only conclusion is that the developers simply don’t play Hearthstone. There’s no way they can play it, when the game has seen all notion of fun disappear, leaving only frustration.

I’m obviously not the only one to think so, and in fact I’ve never seen a game with so many critics on its forum and in reviews on download platforms, but I’m going to list a few problems that seem to me to totally spoil the gaming experience.

• The opponent search algorithm. This is especially true in the wild format. I don’t understand why the algorithm makes us fight the same players over and over again. I spend my days falling against the same 5-6 players. Out of 30 fights, I’ll fall 2-3 times against 4-5 players, whose nicknames I know because I’ve been playing with them every day for months. This kills diversity.
  • The lack of diversity in the enemies is also impacted by the lack of balancing. In ranked mode, 90% of battles are currently with a mage, paladin or dragon druid. In wild mode, I’m only up against totem shamans, temporal rift mages or pirate rogues. For a game with 11 classes and thousands of cards, this monotony is extremely boring. Sometimes, for several days I don’t see any demon hunter for example.
  • This brings us to the problem of balancing. Why aren’t there more frequent patches modifying cards considered by all to be too powerful? At the moment, we get a balancing update every two weeks or so, with 3-4 minor changes each time. That’s not enough! How can we let obvious excesses spoil the gaming experience for weeks on end? What does the Blizzard team do? Are they playing this game? This also applies to bugs, which are sometimes left unaddressed for months on end.
  • There’s also a major problem with bots. Every third or fourth enemy is a bot. I’ve been encountering the same ones for months, reporting them every day, and yet they don’t go away. What’s the point of the “report” function if it achieves nothing?
  • Lack of strategy. Hearthstone is presented as a strategic game. But it’s not. Strategy accounts for only 20% of fights, with the luck factor (which often seems to be influenced by some algorithm) deciding everything. What’s more, as we’re currently seeing with the over-power of aggro decks, what’s so strategic about throwing away all your cards costing 0-3 crystals to kill the enemy in 4 turns? Absolutely nothing.

It’s a real shame that this game is so poorly managed, because, in itself, the gameplay and lore are great, but the in-game experience is truly horrible, forcing me, once again, to abandon the game, hoping that Blizzard will get its act together one day.

11 Likes

Well said op.

It’s also the difference between those who care about something and those who don’t.

“Oh, they totally care!”
-the usual crowd will come along and chant before long

Then something as simple as fixing the botting problem, and not adding to it with their own bots would be a simple solution. But they unpinned the “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED” bot thread, and let it quietly sink to oblivion when so many pointed out the botting issue was only getting worse.

Like making the shop look different when they could make the game more stable, and a whole host of other issues they haven’t fixed for years.

Something as simple as releasing event only cards on time has become too much for them.

3 Likes

We know you don’t like the game. No need to repost it every day.

4 Likes

No, there is. More people will see it.

6 Likes

It’s been the worst company for 10 years, no good games (just crap) have been released for 10 years. He only earns money from the addicts of the store when he buys King, Blizzard saw that the addicts of the store bring in a lot of money (even on crappy games) so he added a store to their entire game.

This company only steals money from mentally fragile people with a compulsive buying problem (shame business).

5 Likes

This is my first post, it’s written next to my nickname :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Straight trash game for sure. I can’t even rank up anymore because as soon as I’m almost to a win streak I get to play against one of those people running those annoying warrior armor stacking odyn variation decks.

The balancing is garbage. The meta is thin. It’s just boring.

6 Likes

Well, no.

I did quit the game, uninstalled it this morning, but that doesn’t mean I can’t use the forum until this theme runs out.

I didn’t say there was no balancing, but a lack of balancing.

And finally, no, it’s not a lie about the same players, I actually wanted to make an Excel table with their names to prove the recurrence, but finally didn’t. I think that anyone acting in good faith will agree with me: we’re constantly coming up against the same players, because the game is looking for opponents at our level, but obviously the filter is too restrictive and means that we’re evolving in a very small circle of users.

4 Likes

This! You’ve been libeled by “someone” who goes around doing this to anyone who dares speak out against its corporate overlords.

And you are allowed to use the forums, even if you aren’t actively playing the game. Only a moderator can action your account, so don’t let someone pretending to be one (a violation of the coc) tell you otherwise.

At this point, repeated and obvious fraudulent postings about other posters with the intent to defraud the posters of the forums in intentional criminal activity, which is a violation of the coc:

Illegal Drugs or Activities

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Reference to abusing illegal drugs
  • Reference to performing illegal activities

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Additionally, repeatedly trolling other other posters with such blantly false libelous statements is harassment:

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

• Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
  • Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

2 Likes

unless you are really stealth bragging ? because the only i way can think you may be facing the same players is by being at top 100 legend

we get balance changes often and they have to be careful of not making it too often or will make more expensive for players to keep up

I’m not in the top 100 by any means, and this problem is even present in the unranked wild format, as I’ve been meeting the same players 3-4 times every day for months.

Nevertheless, it’s clear that your omnipresence on this forum (12,000 and counting posts) conceals an ardent desire to defend this game, and I have no desire to polemicize with people who clearly lack good faith and objectivity.

2 Likes

Stop defending these terrible devs and the sate of the game.

2 Likes

By that standard:

That would make you a double troll.

3 Likes

Boreas, much like Mountaineer (possibly the same person); is a shill for the company. Much like Mountaineer, simply report their replies as trolling and the automated dev system will silence the account for a few days possibly two weeks. Keep reporting these two for trolling/harassment and silence them.

OP, you’re absolutely correct in your critique of this game. Everything you wrote about the issues in this game was spot on.

3 Likes

I just came back after a long break and discovered nothing much has changed. Still the same old grift.

3 Likes

You don’t even play this game! You write more than you play!! You are very funny!!

1 Like

guys you don’t need to report each other just behave civilized

1 Like

If you report we can’t see what they said :frowning: