This game is a setup

its sets you up to win/lose. deck/class match up is set up. card draw is set up, this game is one giant algorithm conspiracy. try to counter a deck i been playing all day and poof now ill never see that match up again. im rocking my tinfoil hat bc this game is rigged.

8 Likes

While many think the game is rigged, the data shows it is not. It is simple confirmation bias. Believe me, I understand why you feel the game can be rigged. It can be frustrating to lose a lot of games, and when you switch decks to counter your pocket meta it can seem like all of the sudden you face a different meta out of nowhere. But what about the times you go on a run with a 70% - 80%+ win rate for the day? You never hear from those people because they have nothing to complain about so no one posts about how this supposed “rigging” is happening in their favor. When you win you think you played well, all is going right, and the game is fun and that’s how it should be for you. When people lose they have a tendency to look anywhere for excuses except for looking at the man in the mirror. In card games sometimes it doesn’t matter how big of an advantage you have, there is still luck of the draw - and you won’t always draw well.

6 Likes

It is. Stupid game.keiajdisjskrjspdjdk

1 Like

You’re right. I can totally tell when I’ve been set up to lose, and when I’ve been set up to win

When I’ve been set up to win, sometimes I don’t even play. I just click all around the screen with my eyes closed. Then after that I skip two turns while I go and make myself a glass of juice

I come back to “my opponent left”. I knew I was set up to win so I didn’t even play, and my opponent knew it too. Don’t try to resist the algorithm, opponent

Thanks for the free win, hearthstone. Time to go buy more packs so I can get more free win RNG. Every pack you buy gets you another free win, and if you say 5 nice things about hearthstone on the forums per week, you will draw a perfect curve every game

The patterns are obvious, guys. I’m also really smart, like Beautiful Mind smart, so I have figured out all the patterns

3 Likes

Data is only good if all the facts are accurate. There’s a thing called luck which is man made and companies get to deiced what to do with it that adds freshness to the game. Players may not like it that’s fine but to say its confirmation bias is also wrong. Luck and bias has nothing to do with each other. This is where many have this misconception about data vs success.

1 Like

duh

I’m still waiting for the day someone complains about the game being rigged, due to only facing favorable matchups and going on a huge winstreak.

4 Likes

The day is today. With my usual decks I was mostly facing unfavorable matchups. All of a sudden I changed my deck(and class) and suddenly was getting only favorable matchups vs decks that never appeared vs my other deck and went on a huge winstreak. All of a sudden all I was facing were slow control decks, often with ftp cards, that normally people don’t use.

There you go.

1 Like

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

1 Like

I’m just wondering how a huge game like this can figure out a way to allow the same players to player over and over daily. How is that possible if like a sheet ton play this game? I have a list of there names I have wrote down cause they never lose. So I just concede and hope for a different name then on list. A few happens but always back to the list. Look I am sorry for whoever Cheerios I pissed in. But I have shelled cash been a longtime player and seem to have a wall I can’t pass no matter how much I invest. So what gives for real. How can I play so random players almost like a lunch or dinner dates?? Sry confused

Imo try waiting a min or two before requeing, You’re probably having bad luck or playing at a time with few people.

The before mentioned setup may also be at work. So you get matched versus the only person playing your hard counter at the time xD.

This is why I never complain about this stuff. I have gone on some massive win streaks to turn around and just lose one after another with the same deck. It always comes down to the luck of the draw, good vs bad mulligan and making good plays. I mainly play Pure Paladin and sometimes I’ll draw a perfect curve and other times, every single libram discount card is sitting at the bottom of my deck. It’s just the nature of the game. Except it or move on to something else you might enjoy playing.

noticed same thing during (can not remember exact expiation when this deck was only deck in wild play) when I was vs nothing but Ress Priest so i build a counter and boom no Ress Priest and same thing happen during when DH dropped

(no joke on DH first drop I build counter Demon hunter deck and sit waiting for 6 minutes for a match and end up vs a Warrior then swap out my deck because I thought demon hunters spam was over to end up vs 7 more swap back to counter demon hunter deck again 6 minutes a shaman)

so ya something up

1 Like

this game is rigged both ways, today 1.22.21, i have played a total of 40 matches, 10 games each with paladin/mage/warlock/priest, 5 matches standard and 5 wild. Believe it or not i went 5/10 on all sets, they went the same way… i crush the opponent, and next match i get crushed just as bad i crushed the last player.
yesterday i had a 90% WR,(20 matches) those 2 defeats came from me not able to finsh the match due to life.

I don’t aim to be the best, but I aim to win. I make and edit meta decks and learn the cards so I can’t be caught at too big a disadvantage. It’s made my experience a lot more enjoyable, and I’ve noticed a lot more wins than I would normally. Haven’t spent any money in about a year now, so I can’t really say it’s becasue, " I paid more money."