This bogus card draw engine!

It would have been a waste of time. The article was interesting, but it had precisely zero to do with the topic of this thread — it’s all about how much the game outcome depends on random factors, like, yes, a shuffled deck. (And that a lot of the skill is learning to work with that randomness.)

Though I’m sure if I read the comments, I’d see plenty like “the shuffle isn’t really random, because this one time the mulligan didn’t have the cards I wanted, and if the game were random, I’d have a good mulligan.”

2 Likes

Or maybe they play lots of Hearthstone games and see the same pattern over and over again?

Zilliax on 5
Like Ysera on 9
Play vs Priest get
Convincing Infiltrator buy turn 5
Both Stegotrons by turn 7
Grave Horror by 10
All this to set up thee old Mass Resurrection - (Res Priest Mechanic 6.0 since the game started) Then play Catrina.

All before the first 15 cards of my deck are used. Never in reverse order. Always the same order.

Funny how you can have these discussion on reddit, watch videos on youtube about it, discuss it elsewhere, but here the old smooch smooch Blizz Blizz folks come out and say uh where da proof? uh um uh you just don’t play enough ccg games, uh try playing a million games uh eventually you won’t see ziiliax on 6 uh, Dr Boom on 7 uh…we just uh use our copy paste responses for these forums uh…

Its okay though cause the longer one uses these forums there more folks see what the RNG is. This helps new folks make decks around the bias vs struggle or say hmm ya not much skill to it - just get build the 4 most winning decks each season and pull the slot lever: win win win loss loss loss win loss win win loss win loss loss loss win win loss. Keeps pulling the lever…

5 Likes

funny how running all those cards and dont draw them in that order is so common
all is needed is 1 single player to not draw the cards on that order for your theory to fall to pieces

6 Likes

I think you said once you work for Blizzard right? Have to go though your 5000+ yay blizzard posts but I think you have cubical there right?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’ve said you work for Wizards of the Coast. I haven’t gone through all of your 5000+ “boo Blizzard” posts but I’m pretty sure you got a cubicle up in Renton.

I mean, while we’re all talking nonsense…

7 Likes

Acornbearer turn 1 very common
Coin Micro Tech on 2
Twinspell on 3 cause pwn the board - rocket start to slow start - nothing in hand to stop faced by turn 6.
GG exciting

next

Heh - they animal roar’d on 5 had Lethal while I kill time on the boards and patternstone does its thing on the other screen.

1 Like

There is no RNG. It’s Blizz’ AI determining draw. This is simple to see when using a deck tracker and “noticing” perfect draw/curve/synergies by both yourself and opponent.

4 Likes

Played against a Warlock.

Drops Proud Defender on 4.
Kill it.
Drops Proud Defender on 5.
=P

Starting to see a pattern here with the new taunts just like the old Tarcreepers and Stonehills…

Draws Broodmother on turn 6. Always one on turn 6 or 7. See when the next one hits in under 15 cards.

In another 35 days, I will be able to reply to this post with that Jennifer Lawrence “sure, dude” gif.

bookmarking until then

3 Likes

Rogue turn 5

Time to Equip Waggle Pick.
and
Drop both Dread Corsairs =P

Not a pattern though…

Time to play my Second Waggle Pick turn 7.

1 Like

19 - 0 DisguisedToast running Midrange Hunter in rank. Is it the deck, the player, or knowing the RNG?

3 Likes

It’s called whiteknighting bro, there’s lots of blizzard white knights here. I would respect them if it was the same company it was 20 years ago, but right now? It’s going toe to toe on EA’s level of scumminess.

https://dotesports.com/hearthstone/news/hearthmath-numbers-behind-mulligan-29931

Read, learn, improve.

Or don’t. I don’t care.

1 Like

GREAT CONTENT! :clap::clap::clap:
[super informative, you guys should read the article]…
But I think there should be and organized and clearly defined draw algorithm based on the median mana cost of the cards in each deck, at the base of the card draw mechanic. I also believe with no more than 3 branches; [X: a least to greatest oscillation, a greatest to least oscillation and maybe a median oscillation] In order for the logic in the content you shared to play out this would have to be the case. It is reasonable to assume however that the card draw algorithm was programmed with additional complexities. Exceptions to a pure [you get a 1 in 30] chance to pull any given card mechanic. And if there are “exception” Blizzard should be more transparent about them!
~ ShamanKing :crown: [#1511]

It is reasonable to assume however that the card draw algorithm was programmed with additional complexities. Exceptions to a pure [you get a 1 in 30] chance to pull any given card mechanic.

I see no evidence[*] that they do anything other than simulate a fair shuffle—if your deck has n cards, each one has a 1/n chance of coming up. And with all the people tracking all the people tracking games carefully, I think we’d see evidence if it was out there.

[*] And no, I don’t count forum posters saying “waahhh the other guy keeps playing good cards Blizzard hates me” as evidence.

2 Likes

Just one time?

Impressive.

So you necro’ed a 2 year old thread, to call somebody ignorant and stupid? Next time you should check the date of their post first.

3 Likes

100% agree. just had 3 mulligans with the same draw, same second draw. and same turn 2/3s if only i recorded

like how priest always steal ur legendaries and good cards and not bad ones

1 Like

There is no card draw randomization. Card draw is based on an algorithm that draws better cards for the money you have spent with Blizzard. It is not and has never been random the engine just has gotten better heuristics over time and better code. The more you buy the better your card draw will be.

There is an average fifty percent win rate as the card draw engine is giving two players the best card draw and only one of them is going to win. Whoever gets the better draw is going to win.

In no way would it benefit Blizzard for card draw to be random. They want people that pay for content to win. People for some reason have a hard time seeing this as they really want it to be random. It makes them feel better about how they play but sadly it’s based on your purchases and not your play style.