They saw we were annoyed and said:

Blizzard’s latest statement regarding weekly quests feedback:

“We had seen that many players routinely completed their Weekly Quests through their regular play, without even really engaging with the Weekly Quest system.”

Huh??
“Regular play” - isn’t that how it’s typically done? Is there some other way I’m not aware of? And how is it possible to complete the weekly quests while not engaging in the the weekly quest system at the same time?

“Our aim with the adjustments was to give all our players goals to play towards…”

We had them. And they seemed to work fine. What, so that I’m forced to play a crap load of minis that could lead to making bad plays? Next time I see my chess player buddy I’ll tell him about the new goal he needs to achieve. “Your bishop, just play him - 60 times. Trust me.”

“…and to reward our most engaged players who would likely still complete the Weekly Quests without too much difficulty.”

So, high levels of engagement is synonymous with rewards earnings? Noted. Anyone else who can’t make the cut is obviously a peasant. Especially those who have forked out tons of $$ for in-game purchases but can’t make those commitments.
And why is the big reward always dependent on game wins? Wouldn’t it be nice to just sling cards for fun and not be preoccupied & distracted by how many wins I need to accumulate? The wins are already going towards ladder rewards as well as overall wins and per class wins, is that not enough? Why can’t it just be games played? This would give the new players an incentive to play.

2 Likes