The Worst State Battlegrounds Has EVER Been In

Let’s be real here, Hearthstone is a dead game without Battlegrounds. Most people have forgotten the game even exists and only play for Battlegrounds. But whatever has happened in the current patch has basically eviscerated what’s left of this game. Battlegrounds is broken, to a state I’ve never seen before in the history of the game. Winning players get so far ahead that you know who’s going to get first usually by turn 5-7. I’ve had games that have gone relatively good just to be smashed at some next level luck.

The state of the game right now is just abysmal. It might be fun for the winning players to smash everyone else but there’s a point where there’s no competition left and it’s just simply RNG. Now I’ve had my fair share of 1st place games but stomping on other players is also often just as unfun as being stomped on because there’s just no challenge. Most of these matches I blast off into the stratosphere in terms of power and annihilate the whole lobby which also isn’t fun because the match ends before it gets interesting.

Ultimately whatever this meta has become I feel like it’s just become so RNG dependent that it’s just not fun for anyone. I don’t really know how to fix it but whatever’s been done recently needs to be undone because this is definitely the worst state this game has ever been in.

1 Like

Let’s really be real, that is your opinion that is subjective to what your preferences are and not what is really happening in Hearthstone.

Battleground changes a lot. I have been playing a ton of battlegrounds lately and have been really enjoying it. Battlegrounds has hardly been eviscerated.

And if you want to be REAL… Like REAL REAL…players are always going to find it challenging when there are changes that happen to a mode that they have difficulty adapting to. A lot of players don’t like RNG, however, RNG has always been in the game, that’s never going to change. It has always been apart of BG"s and will always be apart of BG’s, and BG’s is alive and well.

WE all have metas we love and thrive in and there are also some that we may struggle in, and when we struggle in a meta, it’s not fun. But meta’s are not permanent, they change regualrly. Buddies have come and gone in the past and I’m pretty sure they will come again go again, minions come and go, Hero’s have their abilities adjusted from time to time, and so the cycle will continue.

1 Like

I never played Battlegrounds back in the day for various reasons, yet after the last few changes it is fun.

You just have high expectations I guess.

These statements dont really agree with each other.

You cant say you know who us going to win by turn 5-7 and you also get smashed by next level luck.

I thought buddies were chaotic and super rng-swingy last time around, while also forcing heroes into particular builds in many cases, which tended to amplify the swinginess as those builds succeeded or failed. I didn’t love them before and was surprised how much the crowd seemed to be clamoring for their return.

But hey, this too shall pass. Battlegrounds format rotates reliably, and pretty quickly throughout the year. They’ve already announced this is the last balance patch and buddies will be leaving in favor of a minion revamp as the next change. Then that’ll get stale, and they’ll bring back Darkmoon Faire tickets or quests or something again.

When I like it I play more. When I don’t I play less. The two things I count on are I won’t always like it, but it’ll change again soon.

1 Like

Yea idk whats going on with battlegrounds lately. Something just feels off to me. I get way less matching mobs than I ever used to. So then get hardly any upgrades from triples. Then you have a few people who are clearly getting everything. And they just stomp everyone else quickly.

I will still play it because it is still my fave mode. I do agree something needs to change I just dunno what that is.

its b o r i n g now.

i dont know … why. lol

Prolly has something to do with you can literally tell with a HIGH degree of accuracy who is going to win by Turn 5