The Worst Meta Since Stormwind

So far everything I’ve faced has been either OTK bull, people playing lethal from hand out of nowhere, and people discovering into discovering into discovering the best way to ruin everything you’re trying to do. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed an expansion less, besides Stormwind.
Really, this just feels like Stormwind 2 to me, and I’m hating every moment of this.

13 Likes

There is no “meta” yet it’s day 2 of both rotation AND a new expansion. Dang dude at least give it a week or two.

6 Likes

You might be onto something here.

I really don’t want to wait 2 weeks when all this is perfectly refined to ruin you in the most efficient way possible.

2 Likes

For all the hate Stormwind gets i really liked it and im not alone.
By Blizzards own metrics its one of the “recent” expansions with the most engagement ,even a hater like Zeddy is surprised over how much packs he got for it.

3 Likes

I really liked it, too. We rarely agree, but here it is.

1 Like

Stormwind had to be the most polarizing expansion ever. Most people I’ve talked to about it on Reddit or the forums either loved it or hated it. Personally, I wasn’t a huge fan. Felt too much like Solitaire most of the time.

I wish it was Stormwind. Stormwind was amazing. This isn’t.

1 Like

Was Stormwind Quests? Cause I hate Quests to this day, and I agree that it is pretty much solo play.

1 Like

It’s a pure dumpster fire. Of course, we will have to wait in hope of some sort of balance patch - 2 weeks at least as you pointed out - because the absurd OTK damage from hand is somehow okay in the meantime.

uh stormwind was a nice meta

1 Like

Yes. Quests. And demon seed quest warlock 80% of the time.

1 Like

Its was so much more than quests ,its also the expansion that gave us “tradeable” keyword.
That for me is the best keyword for the game since its vanilla launch.

There was a poll done by VS a while ago asking the players their favorite expansion ever and Stormwind placed in the top 3.

4 Likes

tradeable is a great keyword, but I loathe The Quests.

Fire sale was great though. Still use that one today:)

3 Likes

Fire Sale is indeed a great Mage card and a card that should have made the core set for the class.

But for me in Stormwind Ignite will always take the cake, its the only strong card in the class that NEVER got a nerf.
Now that can be because the card was Iksar idea but it remains a thing for the record books.

And people made a ton of noise to nerf it.

2 Likes

I like Ignite too. I wish we would get anything that supports a burn deck again, but team 5 refuses.

2 Likes

To be fair, there’s at least one active bug right now in rogue that may make it’s deck feel like a otk since they can easily get a near 20 point or higher weapon out of the blue.

Who’s to know how many more bugs are affecting the meta, most of us players aren’t exactly sure how certain interactions in the game are supposed to happen so we just accept things at face value, but there could be massive bugs leading to this meta feeling this way.

There’s also the fact that Blizzard doesn’t really care about balance and now apparently fun either.

1 Like

The one big complaint I have so far is that they really shouldn’t have brought neutral charge minions back and that classes that didn’t need help got the good stuff. Excavate/handbuff paladin can kill you very easily even if you keep their board clear. That warrior 4/8 DR mech seems a bit overtuned. The deck is slow, sure, but once they get going it’s hard to stop them from doing 16-32 damage to board/face multiple times with bounce cards. Haven’t seen much besides those two classes, but I also haven’t gotten to play much yet. The mix of cards they brought back to Standard seems…odd, to say the least. I have never loathed Reno more lol. Why are all his cards so annoying?

2 Likes

Honestly don’t think it’s as hated as people make out. Just the kind of people who hate it are always the ones to complain most loudly about things.

You all know who I mean

3 Likes

Honestly, the game’s unplayable. Even if you’re not against abusing bugs or exploiting overpowered decks, the meta is so highroll-y and abominable that I can’t seem to understand how they can allow this to go on for more than 24 hours in a month which decides who goes to world championship.

The logic behind this is eluding me.

Casual 4 mana 3x 8/10 taunt minions from DK
Pally being Pally and then some
Buggy rogue
6/6 taunts turn 1

Gl hf

3 Likes