The Nozdormu quest is misleading at best or flatly bugged

It isn’t that the Quest does not specify that you must play Dragon Priest to get credit.
It isn’t that the Quest does not specify that it must be in Ranked.

Oh Wait:

It actually IS both of those things…

You right I never play Dragon Priest, and I had no problem doing the games.

They been on and off with casual counting toward quest progression for so long, I just stay in Rank games, cause I’m 100% sure on my skill a lost or 2 for a quest never hurts.

But you don’t need play Dragon Priest for the quest, people do it cause it “easy and builds well off each other”

Go Dragon Druid, or Dragon Hunter, maybe look at Dragon Warrior in wild, there tons of “dragon decks” under used. - Heck if you want just take out 1 card and put Noz in the deck and be done, as you just need play 3 games, not win all 3, and 3 lost shouldn’t be the end of the world your ur rank MMR - coming from a person who plays stupid decks all the time.

Dragon Druid

Jungle Dragon

Class: Druid

Format: Wild

1x (1) Jungle Giants

2x (1) Nature Studies

1x (1) Secure the Deck

2x (2) Breath of Dreams

2x (2) Guess the Weight

1x (3) Archdruid Naralex

1x (4) Archmage Vargoth

2x (4) Evasive Feywing

2x (4) Hungry Dragon

2x (4) Oaken Summons

2x (6) Emerald Explorer

2x (6) Evasive Wyrm

2x (6) Utgarde Grapplesniper

2x (7) Evasive Drakonid

1x (7) Nozdormu the Eternal

1x (8) Chromaggus

1x (9) Alexstrasza

1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

1x (10) Deathwing the Destroyer

1x (10) Y’Shaarj, Rage Unbound

AAEBAe2/BArFBOgRqKsCi8EC1pkD+a0DyO8DsIoEtooEuIoECusRhOYCl60D/a0DjK4D/7ADg7EDhbEDm84D0eEDAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

And they been doing Noz Day for awhile now, don’t see why you complain about it now…

1 Like

how is it misleading ? all you have to do is put the card in your deck i have no idea how anyone could find that misleading

3 Likes

I played twelve matches with Noz in my deck and received no credit whatsoever.
I finally gave up and re rolled the dumb thing.

Then how did I complete it by chucking it in my casual demon hunter deck today?

3 Likes

Completed it every month, nice easy 1500 xp!

Zero problems.

Blizz is happily ignoring the bug reports on daily quests not counting after patch 21.4 …i…

I played three matches replacing one Fire Elemental with Nozdorumu the Eternal in a shaman deck and got credit for it no worries.

So I have to ask… are you using the correct Nozdormu?

I know many here might not like the man but its getting ridiculous…
The quest is indeed bugged we can defend the devs on many things but not this ,they dropped the ball here end of story.

" Updated with October 15, 2021 decks. Note: Quests appear to be bugged right now and Casual doesn’t give them any progress. So you need to finish this (or any other) Quest in ranked. Update: Apparently, casual Duels also works if you prefer that."

1 Like

Is there more than one? I used the eternal card.
At any rate it does not matter. I re rolled the Quest, Sel.
It does bother me that this is what We can expect from Blizzard.
Instead of 1500xp I had to make do with 900 because their quest isn’t straight forward, or user friendly. Another example of just how poor their maintenance and oversight of this game is these days.
I don’t know why I am surprised. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have been stuck with Battlegrounds Quests and had to wait three or more days to re roll into something that could be played in the main game.
I appreciate your trying to understand.

I’m trying to understand how you think this is systemic but somehow didn’t affect me or the other people who have posted saying it works.

1 Like

I mean there is a few “Nozdormu” - and people HAVE run those and complain about not getting credit before.

Legendary · Minion · Descent of Dragons · Battlecry: Set each player to 10 Mana Crystals.

Legendary · Minion · undefined · Players only have 15 seconds to take their turns.

Legendary · Minion · Core · Start of Game: If this is in BOTH players

I would just say always run rank for quest, cause some quest don’t work in casual, lots of people did complain when quest were change to only count rank, and stop using Adventures (PvE content).

As long they don’t stop quest being completed by Friends, rank, or Brawls and I guess Adventures since some are free - quest are fine

Think I’m lying though quest use to be rank only?

• Quests – Quests can be completed in Casual, Ranked, Arena, and Duels. Certain quests may also point you to Battlegrounds or Tavern Brawls. Quests can also be completed in the Friendly Challenge variants of any of these modes.

Edit found an old website that talk about hearthstone in it’s early years even calling rank “Standard play”

https://www.atablefullofjoy.com/what-is-hearthstone/

I forget the they made it where all quest can be done in casual mode in the old quest system but it was little after WW to RR time, and I don’t feel like going through tons of patch notes to find it, but you can search and see it been a common thing through the years, people use to complain on reddit that some quest weren’t friendly and forced people to play rank games.

Well of course feel free to think as you like. I think it stinks that I played as many matches as I did per the instructions that are given on the Quest and received no credit.
This dev team is failing more every day.

You’re not wrong. This is a big L for Team 5. This being a bug that is known, it should not be allowed to continue, and for this length of time. Matchmaking is sometimes … questionable.

1 Like

If anyone is having trouble, it is possible to just complete the quest through friendly matches. As long as one player is at 15 hp or below when conceding (and of course the one going for the quest has Noz in their deck) the quest should proceed.

cant believe it took 8 games for him to notice the quest wasnt advancing

1 Like

Got it. Your last attempt at redirection failed, so now it’s my fault that the devs designed a bugged piece of junk and did nothing to fix it except, leave a legal disclaimer that btw, no one bothered to share here.
Your trolling really isn’t what it used to be.

I followed the text of the Quest implicitly. I got nothing.
Those are the facts, and all of your finger pointing and belittling won’t change that.

trolling ?

says the guy who made a thread to complain about not advancing quest …blamed it on matchmaking or what?
i have no idea what were you thinking with the old tittle

no idea why you talk about dragon priest on the OP either because there is nothing on the quest text telling you to do that !

other posters mentioned a bug when trying to complete the quest on casual mode …pretty much anyone would realized that was the issue and swtiched to their least played ranked mode ( standard or wild ) to not lose stars while trying to complete the quest

i just found it funny it took you so many games to notice the quest wasnt advancing at all !

Even so, the Quest says nothing about ranked play being required.
A total failure on Blizzard’s part to communicate.
Baselessly defend them all you like.
The Quest needs to be clear or they need to fix their bugs.