The Jailer, as per a dedicated title to a single card

This card makes my minions indestructible. But taunt no longer works. I read the cards carfully, there’s nothing about that.

Did i miss something, like another card maybe?

1 Like

The first time you have a minion with both taunt and immune, juste like taunt and stealth, the Innkeaper pops out to tell you that this combination deactivates taunt.
Not written on the card but part of the deal no prevent check-mateing your opponent’s board with a single card

2 Likes

This is one of those hidden rules you find out. Your only clue is that the tooltip for immune does say it makes the target un-targetable.

The first time you have a minion with both taunt and immune, juste like taunt and stealth, the Innkeaper pops out to tell you that this combination deactivates taunt.

Wait, really? That must have been implemented sometime later bc I’ve never seen it.

I trully think it was there during the beta, but you will only see it once (per keyword) on your account.

If you watch streamers, when they participate in pre-release events hosted by blizzard on private servers, they are lent new accounts on the server and they will sometimes get that message again and laugh about it.

Yeah it’s not mentioned in the card but it’s probably a balnce rule patch. Otherwise you could just jailer + 0 mana 0/2 taunt dummy and win on t10 or have two decks do it and fatigue war eachother.

It seems arbitrary but i think yugioh tournament rules vs lunchtable rules used to be like that. There was no way to find them put by playing so a card judge might figure it out or google a ruling. There could be like 3 different rulings.

It was actually a problem because cards like Victory dragon, were expressedly meant to be a tournament card with a effect akin to “if you kill your opponent with victory dragon. You win the best 3 of 5”.

Opponents conceded instead, and card judges had to rule whether or not conceding to avoid defeat counted as a win fpr victory dragon or made it unusable since anyone about to lose to it could just concede instead.

They resorted to just banning the card i think. But i also remember with printed cards there were no way to nerf cards and sometimes translations that made “mistranslations” more powerful, akin to “cancel all attacks and heal for each one” vs “negate all attacks and negate all damage”

It was the exact same card. But we had 6 copies of the “weak” version that only negated and 2 copies at a lunch table with the heal version.

So being three kids at a lunch table, we shared them had the two good copies ‘permanantly borrowed’ and kid moved away and we didn’t think anything of it until this convo.

I’ve heard other people find soft locks in yugioh like lunchroom table softlocks that kept opponents from ever taking a turn by the written definition of two cards.

Sometimes the card judge ruling isn’t to follow the text literally but have a balanced interpretation.

Like invincible taunts would be logical. But uninteractive.

And your opponent never being able to have a turn might be logical from two literal print yugioh cards. But a card judge probably wouldn’t deem it interactive.

Yes, it is working like that. If a Taunt minion gets immune, then it’s taunt effect won’t work anymore and become passable.

1 Like