Hey there LuckyOwl,
Being told you can’t log in when everything else seems to be connecting just fine is quite odd and frustrating! With it not clearing up and no problems noticed with Hearthstone around the same time, I’m thinking damaged files are to blame, yet a connection issue or interfering program can also cause this.
To start troubleshooting, let’s address possible damaged files. I’m not sure if you’re using a Mac or PC so I’m including both series of steps below that cover deleting a folder with temporary information relating to logging in:
- Press CMD + Shift + G to open the Go to folder
- Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/Blizzard folder
If there is no Blizzard or Hearthstone folder, show hidden files and folders by pressing CMD + SHIFT + .
- Delete the Hearthstone folder.
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type in %localappdata% and press enter
- Go into the Blizzard folder
- Go into the Hearthstone folder
- Find the Cache folder here and delete it
If clearing out the folder doesn’t help, can we try an alternative connection or even a hotspot or tether with a mobile device?
Please let us know how this goes. Cheers!