The game is a joke. Get rid of Sire

I think both cards need to go away.

6 Likes

You mean the people that dislike a card that far too easily ends the game with no counterplay prefer a card to exist that can stop it?!

Insightful!

Killing Theotar off without also killing Denathrius is just solidifying ramp druid as the best slow deck forever though.

And then the only meta decks will be ramp druid, the aggro that eats ramp druid, and the deck that eats the aggro that kills ramp druid.

Kind of like the exact meta we have right now!

10 Likes

Out of the last 8 times I have had sire stolen I have had 8 cards in hand at least 3.

On the other hand I have only once had Theodor played and not steal sire when he was actually in hand. not counting the time they stole my theotar then played my theotar and stole sire.

but he provides a useful win condition vs the decks that kill/freeze every minion for the entire game.

Yes the card is broke. Should not be a board clear, Reno heal, large body, and ton of face damage all at once

6 Likes

You uh…you do realize HOF only happens when full sets rotate out in April, right?

Baku and Genn got removed before rotation because of the problems they were causing

1 Like

That’s because their effects were insistent from turn 1 / turn 2 respectively, and they had an expansion/card set release that they saw as problematic if Odd/Even gameplay continued from there.

Sire is fine, but there is the nerf patch in the works, so maybe all this whining (not from you, but you get it) will have some effect.

If anything, I could see Denathrius’ statline be nerfed, to 5/5.

The problem is if they nerf Denathrius without nerfing Theotar, Theotar will be even more OP. Theotar is then free to steal any other win conditions.

Kinda like steroids in sports

Theo is 1 of the cards we know for sure its getting nerfed…
It might not be the "killing card nerf " you want since they said it was a small change but it will see balance regardless.

From the interview, it sounded like Blizzard was very reluctant to nerf it, only doing it due to popular demand. It’ll probably be a toothless nerf

Let’s be fair.
It’s easy to build an argument for theotar nerf that not pass by popular demmand.
With that said it would not result in a card destroying nerf either.

What it is?

The use of other techs is in a all time low.

Theotar is a legendary because it is the ultimate tech card but as it is now something should be done for people to consider other tech options and only use theotar if their situation really demmands theotar.

So it probably should go to 5 mana.

1 Like

it’s the same reason when people complained about shuddersham for example, bad/new players know nothing about this game and complain about the wrong issues

a new player whining about a card far from being op, calling people “terrible”, seriously?
how many times have you been legend again, mr 89posts?

1 Like

If games aren’t being largely decided by singular cards, Theotar becomes significantly worse than he is now. Yes, he will still go in control decks, just like mutanus continued to see play, as there is still value in disruption, but if there’s no one card your deck is absolutely reliant on to win a matchup, it becomes significantly harder for Theotar to win a game.

1 Like

translation? The Whales like the card.

2 Likes

The developers pander. 'nuff said.

1 Like

According to you people complain about the wrong issues. And let me guess, you are one of the people who know the ‘‘truth’’ right? Feel free to come with the arguments. Or you have no other arguments other than i have 89 posts and asking me how many times i been in legend?

Since when is amount of forumposts the indicator of how long you have been playing?

I certainly listed a lot of arguments in my post. Do you want to point out what i said that is wrong or are you too lazy for that? Just here to post a whole lot of nonsense that has nothing to do with anything?

You claim you are right, everyone else is wrong, and then you calling me new and asking how many times ive been in legend.

Lol the entitlement of some people.

Denathrius a card ‘‘far from being op’’, sure thing bro haha.

why do you avoid my question?

you are a new player, you have no xp on this game, it’s true

ah yes

the best druid deck doesn’t even run denathrius, that’s your argument?

your btag says new player, it isn’t a claim and you certainly haven’t been legend many times sicne you have no knowledge about the meta

1 Like

Such an utter childish way of argumenting. How old are you?

Im not new in this game. Im not avoiding any questions i want to discuss the topic and not your off topic nonsense. Go try that on someone else at your own age. It dont work with me.

Here is an easy question for you.

If Erling Haaland played for Nottinham Forest, he wouldnt be a strong player?

Denathrius the card in itself is a broken card. Nothing you say will change that.

1 Like

That’s the only conclusion that can be drawn.

Imagine if in some other sport, athletes and teams would openly praise the usage of steroids, and then the athletic commission just does some half-assed ban with numerous loopholes. That’s probably the way that Blizzard is gonna nerf Theotar

4 Likes

Stop using this “Yolo” fad word.