The game is a joke. Get rid of Sire

Every win is determined by who has Sire on turn 10.

One can play extremely badly and still be able to win any game with turn 10 Sire.

Not that I care anymore. It’s just sad to see the game I once loved became a pile of garbage today.

P.S. Why don’t you print a card that reads: Destroy the enemy hero if draw on turn one. Save the universe some time and agony.

44 Likes

Why are you complaining instead of running Theo? If your opponent -clearly- is token based on whatever class you’re facing, saving the Duke will save you this nightmare.

And you do still care, otherwise you’d just switch to Classic and be done with Standard; or Wild.

What if the guy drew Sire on turn 9?

Sire Denathrius himself was never the issue.

It’s the combos that goes with him like Braan + Denathrius or Braan + Kal’thaes + Denathrius combos that is clearly the issue here.

8 Likes

This is one heck of a BAD excuse. You are talking what 5% chance of using him while they have him and about the same to get to pick him if they have him?

It is a DUMB card HORRIBLE design and needs to be banned or nerfed.

9 Likes

If they are playing “badly” just to infuse sire and then they win on turn 10 with him, maybe they didn’t play badly; you were probably the one who didn’t figure out why they were trading so much

1 Like

They don’t need to get rid of Den. Just get rid of Brann and Kael, solves a lot of issues tbh.

2 Likes

Every win? Clearly you haven’t played against any aggro druid which can have the game completely out of reach by turn 3. There is no turn 10 the way agro is so heavily favored by the knuckleheads who designed these crap cards. You’re lucky if the game isn’t over by turn 5

6 Likes

i think you mean turn 9!!! or even turn 7 sometime with kaelthas lol

Do you want some chicken with your bs?

If it was easy as you say then everyone and anyone wouldnt run Denathrius in their decks.

1. Denathrius need to be in their hand
  2. You should try steal when they dont have too many cards in hand, against druid for example that is usually only in the start of the game (read point 1 again).
  3. Even if he is in the hand, you need additional luck to get him as one of the options to steal him

Maybe you should go look yourself in the mirror before you come with snarky posts. There is a reason why people complain about Denathrius, people wouldnt do it if it was easy to counter him. You are the minority.

Druid has a google search engine of options in their deck to find the answer to almost everything you do. Steal their denathrius and if they shockingly dont have Theo in hand they will find him immedialty with their low cost search engine spells and steal him right back. At the same turn they will put up a bunch of huge taunts and rush minions. To find an empty window to steal him is also not easy always. Sure u can steal him in beginning if you are lucky, but then he might not be in their hand. After that you have to deal with countless big taunts and rush minions, and at the same time steal Denathrius. And then you need to get rid of him as fast as possible, which is not always possible with how hard Druid puts up taunts and rush minions. If you steal him at turn 6 or 7 for example druid have 3 turns and double your mana to find their Theotar.

If you honestly cant see that Denathrius in druid is a huge problem there is only 2 possibilites.

1. You play Druid.
  2. You are a terrible player.
6 Likes

I’ve always thought rezzing these two to Standard was a mistake.
Speaking only for me:
These cards are just like Reno and Zephrys.
They do way too much for a meta this powerful.

The problem with Sire is that he basically wins the game for you on the spot without any sort of challenge. It doesn’t help his only counters are Theotar and Mutanus, and even then, there’s a high level of RNG associated with stealing/devouring your opponent’s Sire. I can’t tell you how many games I lost on the brink of victory simply because the enemy played their Sire, wiped my board, and restored their hero’s Health to full. It’s just a poorly designed and problematic card, and no amount of copium will change that.

9 Likes

I agree with you in that Sire is as much of an “I win” card as I have seen.
But I think the card is merely representative of just how far gone the game is these days.
At some point the product needs to be toned down.

4 Likes

Make him infuse (2) imo

4 Likes

I’m not great with infuse.
Can you explain what you mean, please?

Infuse (2) would mean he would only gain 1 damage for every 2 of your minions that died while he was in hand rather than gaining 1 damage for every minion that dies like he does now.

It would effectively halve his damage.

7 Likes

Ty Mr. Smeet:) I don’t play the card. Do you think this would be an agreeable nerf?

I think it would help.

I personally would remove the face damage from him so that he was just a heal + board clear + 10/10.

That can still end games, it just doesn’t do so in the same immediate sense that he does now.

2 Likes

It needs a re-work to limit it to minions. Every scrub running it in their deck is indicative of how broke it is.

9 Likes

The same people hating on Denathrius are probably fanboys and groupies of Theotar.

Game would be much better if Theotar got HOF’d

3 Likes