The Dalaran Heist

Is this about Republicans?

Rogue (the game) was an ca. 1980 random level generation mode topdown dungeon crawler with VERY limited graphics - ASCII symbols for walls and creatures, to be precise. It tried to recreate a single player pen & paper adventure on Unix main frames of the time. The ultimate goal is to reach bottom level, grab the fabled ā€œamulet of yendorā€ and ascend back to top. Later versions had more sophisticated graphics (well, compared to ascii symbols at least) while keeping the style the same.
There are a lot of clones for various computers and a multitude of operation systems - ā€œNethackā€ is one of the more popular ones.

the internetz ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetHack

just beat both wings first try,
almost had me worried, but really no problem at allā€¦

didnā€™t try heroic yetā€¦ the heoirc card back isnā€™t even that great

im just glad I opened boom reaver from some packs.

probably never using the gold leggo.

Eh! Not really a fan of solo content, can feel like hard work sometimes, but I really want the new Whizzbang card (much to my surprise I actually love the original Whizzbang) so looks like I will have to slog through this.

Will make some Chamomile tea and think of fluffy kittens and hope the rng doesnā€™t enrage me too much!

The new card can either be crafted with 1600 dust or gotten in gold version when all wings have been purchased.

So technically as long as you fork out the gold/cash/dust you donā€™t need to actually complete the content, that ā€œonlyā€ awards packs and cardbacks.

1 Like

You just summarised it perfectly.

One run was enough to see that it is just previous content reskinned, at itā€™s heart it is just more stupid OP AI versus your random, underpowered and inappropriate deck.

I doubt I can justify getting it with gold unless the other chapters are different and it is woeful that this and the main game are all they can come up with, but then if it sells - why not?

It is obvious who the core demographic is - based on sales statistics that we will never see - and other than ā€˜likes the card art and audioā€™ I donā€™t belong in any one of them.

Donā€™t tell me you actually lost a non-heroic run. Actually do, because it would be hilarious.

1 Like

Well the demographic sure isnā€™t people who are that bad at completing the content on non heroic mode lol

Do you prefer playing against the inn keeper in practice?

1 Like

I havenā€™t even beaten the first chapter yetā€¦on normal sooā€¦

2 Likes

By my rough calculations, if you enjoy the solo content at all, itā€™s worth buying in goldā€“the 12 RoS packs plus the dust value of (1 gold standard pack + 1 gold Zayle) is worth more than the 28 packs you could buy with that much gold. (Assuming you want RoS packs.)

But if you donā€™t like solo content at all, nah, probably not worth it. Buy the packs and be well. If you change your mind in a year, theyā€™ll be happy to take your gold then!

I am loving the mode personally bought the adventure today. Great mix of old and new imo. Love that it has some progression in it now.

I did it on the 3rd run and will unlikely touch the - same and repeateed - content ever again.

And remember to put your Hearthstone 5k1llz on your CV, it will greatly impress employers and you will enjoy the same success in real life as you do in Hearthstone.

It will look good next to your first, postgrad and maybe even doctoral qualifications.

Personally I just rely on the two I have, that 4 years full time was too much for me.

It is a shame real life isnā€™t like Hearthstone, we could all just craft that one card that wins every time and just sail through while waiting for the other 29 to draw.

Does anybody know when the third chapter will be live?

Iā€™m glad that despire your no doubt very successful and time consuming adult life you still managed to find the time to rage on the internet because you were struggling to complete a Hearthstone solo adventure designed to be easily beaten by children aged 7 years and over.

3rd wing heroic is starting to feel awfully Toki-ishā€¦

When you get to the fourth wing youā€™ll be making Ground Hog Day references.

But to be fair - it takes a lot of talent to cut and paste something 5 times and convice people it is a completely different product simply by changing a house rule.

The sort of talent that people would exchange a cow for a hand of magic beans for.

Looking forward to the next solo adventure content, it is going to take them at least 12 minutes to cut and paste one of the dungeon runs and change the font, although they could extend the release schedule to 6 months to really wrack up that tension of what is coming next.

5 Likes

I agree. Only after I bought the whole content I realised that it was all copy pasted content with the only difference between levels being that ā€˜house ruleā€™ā€¦
But I guess it was my fault for trying to keep away from spoilers by not watching youtube gameplay videosā€¦ on a brighter note its content can be fun the problem is that thereā€™s not a big difference between the free version and the paid oneā€¦

I think the problem is you donā€™t have a head injury.

From what I read on here Heist is the most innovative, fresh and replayable content ever made.

??? Whut?

Just get a head injury that gives you a memory span of a couple of minutes and - bingo - best content ever made.

Anyway, what were we talking about?

I think the problem is you donā€™t have a head injury.

From what I read on here Heist is the most innovative, fresh and replayable content ever made.

??? Whut?

Just get a head injury that gives you a memory span of a couple of minutes and - bingo - best content ever made.

1 Like

Iā€™m runningā€¦ Why am I running?

That guy is running too. Am I chasing him?

blam ricochet

No, heā€™s chasing meā€¦