The Dalaran Heist

Ok, I loved Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt.

So this looks good!

However, I have 1 concern about this single player content, in 7 mins of video, not a single mention of any REWARDS!

Which in Blizzard terms usually means play for the fun / enjoyment of it cause your getting zip…

That would sooooo totally ruin it!

2 Likes

RoS Packs and a golden legendary (Zayle, Shadow Cloak I think it’s called) have already been confirmed as rewards for Dalaran Heist

7 Likes

They’ve talked about rewards before, most specifically in this blog post:

Here are the specifics:

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/gallery/20NJS1QNU2JU1551306604231.jpg

• 3 Rise of Shadows card packs for each wing finished (including the free wing, for 15 total)
  • An all-golden Classic card pack for finishing the adventure (I assume in normal mode, but I’m not sure)
  • Golden Zayle, Shadow Cloak for buying all five wings (much like Whizbang, it lets you play with a random one of five “League of E.V.I.L.” decks)
  • Cardback for finishing the adventure in Normal, and a different cardback for finishing it in Heroic

Plus I’m willing to bet that in launch week there’ll be extra quests that reward packs for doing the solo adventure, they usually do that (though they didn’t for the Rumble Run). Keep a quest slot free just in case!

7 Likes

They’ve already said that each chapter (pf which there will be five) will give you 3 RoS packs. You’ll get a golden Zayle, Shadow Cloak whenever you own all five chapters and a Golden Classic pack when you’ve beaten them all.

Ninja’d above lol

4 Likes

Ok, thanks all who answered, I obviously missed the 1st blog.

Looks great then, looking forward to it!

3 Likes

did they reveal the deck list for zayle ?

Nah, it’s still four unknown lists.

Is it four? I could’ve sworn I heard it was five decks–leading to the speculation (I think unconfirmed) that it would be one deck for each member of the League of E.V.I.L. (Warlock, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Priest).

I expect we’ll find out tomorrow!

__
UPDATE: This article says five decks, but I don’t know where they got their info.
https://dotesports.com/hearthstone/news/zayle-shadow-cloak-joins-hearthstone-with-the-dalaran-heist

The card text is “You start the game with one of Zayle’s EVIL Decks!”, which would fit with five (one per member of the League of E.V.I.L.).

15packs and a golden classic pack, a golden legendary and 2 cardbacks? I hope it’s true :o

Nah you’re right, it’s five. I had my class count backwards. Good catch and good link :+1:

It’s what they’ve been going with since the Year of The Dragon announcement. Not too shabby for the price.

1 Like

compared to the old adventures, it’s nothing (15packs and a golden classic pack=one legendary if we’re lucky whereas naxx/brm etc …used to give us 5 or 6) but I’m just hyped by something fresh, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Gooood luck getting that second cardback though: Heroic Mode in Dungeon Run format? OUCH! (and yes, it’s been said Heroic Mode will be harder than Dungeon Run and such, with normal mode being easier than Dungeon Run and such)

The previous ones were better value — but they did gate exclusive content.

The only exclusive content is a meme card like whizbang in gold, everything else is optional.

Previously you were forced to buy the adventures even if all you wanted were the exclusive cards that came with it. Now you only have to pay for it for the adventure part, which is way better than the other single player content.

3 Likes

This is a point that I feel most people gloss over. There’s nothing mandatory about this mode. It’s the only way to obtain golden Zayle, but the regular version will be craftable.

3 Likes

I didn’t gloss over this point. I liked the old adventures because I knew I was getting.

Now? I could waste my gold on absolute crap. Without at least a flat distribution rate, the packs from adventures could be a total letdown.

Or, they could be a huge bonus.

If I actually apply myself and play through a mode I despise playing just to get crap packs, I will be highly upset.

With adventures, I was content with the exclusivity because I knew what I was getting. And they were fun to play.

Now, you just choose buckets that don’t even synergize, you lose once and have to start all over - you finally make it through all the BS…just to get raw dust.

I think I’d rather just buy packs and save myself the migraine of dealing with their sorry excuse of solo content…

4 Likes

If you have any interest in the solo adventure, it’s worth the gold, as long as you want RoS packs. If you finish the adventure on normal mode (allegedly easier than the past adventures) your 2800 gets you 12 RoS packs[*], plus the all-gold classic pack (worth at least 300 dust) and a gold Zayle (which you can dust for 1600)—so 1900 dust worth of extras beyond the RoS packs.

If you spent the gold on packs you’d get 28 packs of your choice—so 16 more packs. If you figure those 16 packs have two epics and a legendary, and a couple of goldens, you’re still unlikely to have more than a thousand dust in there. So you’re likely to do better buying the adventure… plus, hey, you get the adventure, too.

On the other hand, if you hate the solo adventure, you’re spending the gold and your time to get those 12 packs. That might not be worth it. So… try the first wing and see what you think?

[*] Not counting the three you get for the free wing.

1 Like

I will probably get around to trying the first wing after its out for a bit…so I can watch youtube on how to beat it as quickly as possible…if its beatable. And I mean under 10 attempts beatable.

Not this playing hundreds and hundreds of stupid runs crap. I hate to sound so salty but I am over getting hyped about solo content. I wish they would just release the stupid thing and be done so I can get back to playing Wild.

With my own decks.

2 Likes

Likely to be. All the dungeon, monster or RR run so far, I average 20 bosses per win about 3 runs? So if they say its similar I believe should be under 10

I just hope the game mechanics will be less RNG-driven than Dungeon Run (i.e. I hope we’re not expected to clear seven matches in a row, with loss requiring a do-over).

The previous single-plaer content was really fun, but I remember having more fun against Hagatha (for all that she was harder) than against Toki/Glinda/Captain Shivers/Lord Godfrey.

1 Like

There are a lot of people (though I’m not necessarily one of them) who legitimately enjoy that type of single player mode.

If it’s not for you, it’s not for you. The point to the PvE content is playing the content itself though it also gives rewards. The cool thing about it now is that you can go “not for me, I’d rsther soend my resources elsewhere whole playing my own decks” and in the end, you don’t wind up missing out on anything because of it.

Skip an old Adventure when it came out, though? Good luck.

4 Likes