The case for making BG's not a required mode

For the first year or so when battlegrounds was announced and was in beta and when it initially launched it was a fun mode. Every time they change it up it’s a fun mode just for a bit because of how new it feels, if only briefly, but I would argue that Blizz should not be making it a mandatory mode to play, at least if you want to finish quests, participate in seasonal events, etc.

Yeah yeah I know it’s not mandatory. What do you mean? Just don’t play it.

Okay so it’s not mandatory huh? Well today my seasonal event quest is place top 4 in bg’s twice. And I can’t reroll that quest. And what about duels, arena? No you don’t have to play those. See what I mean?

The thing is battlegrounds are so stupidly frustrating, like arena and sort of like duels in that you really don’t have an equal chance of winning like you do in mercenaries, vanilla hearthstone, or sometmes tavern brawl, depending on what version they throw at us.

What do I mean by equal chance? In vanilla Hearthstone you create your deck. If you lose it’s mostly on you. In arena you don’t really get to create your own deck because you’re at the mercy of picking from one of three cards 30 times. If your opponent gets a legendary that for some stupid reason is available in arena like C’Thun the Shattered (I don’t think he’s in arena, just using him as an example), how is that an equal chance of winning?

So the same goes for battlegrounds. You only get to pick from 2 or 4 heroes, all of which might suck for that lobby. You get to pick from only a set of minions each refresh and those minions might not be worth a crap. Then throw in RNG where your minions always pick the worst target and your opponents 3 turns in a row hit your Mad Matador when he was 1 of 4 taunt minions you had with their lowest attack minion.

See what I mean? I’m tired of Blizz basically if you want to play Hearthstone forcing us to play a mode that is sooooooo frustrating.

It’s the same reason I played PvE servers in WoW because I’ve never been one of the top 10% players in any videogame genre so I NEVER played PvP servers and rarely did PvP on the PvE servers for this very reason. I enjoy gaming. I don’t enjoy being forced to lose over and over.

and the other one? i havent played bg in a long time i have bg quest on the season event too but the other one isnt

so ive been advancing the event without any issues with the other slot just got the second signature card im prety sure id be able to complete the event long before it ends without touching bg

1 Like

If you never play a mode you’re going to be matched against people who are also bad at it, so you will have an equal chance.

Where is the issue? you need 3000 points in this event and you get 2800 through the “normal” quests. the rest shouldnt be a problem.

There are also people only interrested in bg and it wouldnt be fair to force them to play classic or buy packs so they can complete quests like “play yogg saron 3 times”

7 quests for those who play normal hearthstone and need 3k points
5 quest for bg only player who want the skin at 1k points
I think thats fair for both parties

I play roughly 1-2 hours per day, never had any issues finishing events and I dont even try to do those quest.
I just play what I want, I rly hate to be forced into smth just like you apearently.

So do it like me, play what you want, there is no need to rush events.

Actually I believe, it’s possible to finish them even without quests. But you will finish some anyways.

I prefer BGs over regular play.